• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some of the best depictions of ninjas in films, books, games, etc.?

dosh

I apologize for going a bit off topic but speaking of Ninja Scroll, whatever happened to Kawajiri? He directed a lot of really cool movies in the 80s and 90s, but his last film was... Highlander maybe? Or that Batman segment, I can't remember which came first.

I'd love to watch a new movie directed by this man. His fight scenes are always incredible. And that shot of a gun being pulled from its holster in Wicked City... You know which one.

Hyun Sai

No mention of Basilisk yet ? Disappointed in Gaf ! That shit was glorious !

basilisk.jpg

Sojgat

I apologize for going a bit off topic but speaking of Ninja Scroll, whatever happened to Kawajiri? He directed a lot of really cool movies in the 80s and 90s, but his last film was... Highlander maybe? Or that Batman segment, I can't remember which came first.

I'd love to watch a new movie directed by this man. His fight scenes are always incredible. And that shot of a gun being pulled from its holster in Wicked City... You know which one.

Guy is in his sixties. He mainly does storyboarding now. He worked on One Punch Man.

SomTervo

Real ninja: no idea

Fictionalised/stylised ninja: i think the novel (and series) Across the Nightingale Floor is one of the best. Seriously cool magical realism ninja stuff.

Imagine harry Potter but with sex and violence and about ninja instead of wizards

(repost for new page cos i think it's a good answer)

Monocle

Shinobi PS2
SSQ84Hu.jpg
This.

Also Metal Gear Rising. Its visual style may not be traditional (other than the awesome Japanese setting later on) but it features some of the coolest ninjalike action in video games apart from Shinobi III, Ninja Gaiden Black and NG2, and Shinobi (PS2) which Einchy mentioned above.

Top Bottom