• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the best Bomberman games?

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
I've sporadically played Bomberman titles over the years but never actually sat down and invested the time to complete one.

That said, which games are worth checking out? Single player or multi, I have no preference. Just trying to find the de facto Bomberman experience.

Generation :
roSsn7S.jpg

Really cool spin off title that was similar to 64. Still play through it every few years because of how fun the core gameplay is.

I'm a big fan of the first Super Bomberman and Bomberman Party Edition (why yes, I will take 5 player multiplayer, themed bombermen, and those rideable critters).

Kebiinu

Banned
That depends...for single-player, Bomberman 64 is basically gold. Multi-player is debatable, but I'd give it to 64 too!

So...Bomberman 64 is the best game!

Saturn Bomberman, Bomberman 64, and Bomberman Generation. The Super Bomberman games were also good, but only a few of them were localized.
Reading through this thread makes me want Bomberman in Smash. :/

Gameboy415

My friends and I played the hell out of Bomberman Generation and Bomberman Jetters on Gamecube back in the day:

Bomberman_Generation_box.jpg
256px-Bombermanjetterscover1.jpg

Cody_D165

Banned
there are few greater experiences in gaming than playing a ten-player local game of Saturn Bomberman, each player representing a Hudson Soft icon trying to oust the others while wrestling a giant sea of controller wires

Oreoleo

Super Bomberman and Bomberman '94 are the two I've played that I had the most fun with. I forget if it was Super Bomberman 2 or 3 but one of those sequels felt a little superfluous like they just threw a bunch of stuff into the game and lost some of the heart from Super Bomberman 1.

I know Konami has been getting a lot of crap lately but they've been on my shit list ever since they effectively killed the franchise. Fuck Konami.

kyo2004

RiHiuA3.jpg

Ahhhhhhh, the memories with this game... :D

This is why Bomberman deserves a place in SSB4 DLC as a playable character...

RiHiuA3.jpg

Yeah, this Bomberman. The one with the mounts.
I spent lots of time on this game with my friends back in elementary school.

Videoneon

SNES, 64. Never played Saturn.

There are lots of other "good-ish" games. Like Generations was okay, same with Jetters.

RiHiuA3.jpg

NA didn't even get this one ;_;

I feel like SB3 was one of the worse of the SNES games, alongside 4.

Eila

I remember liking Neo-Bomberman on the arcades. And Bomberman 64 was the bomb back in the day, need to replay it to see how it holds up after all this time.

Bomberman 64 was one of my favorite N64 games period. I got so deep into that game and absolutely loved the single player. It was such a great blend of puzzle and action. And I actually thought the story was kinda alright for what it was

are there any active online communities in any Bomberman game? I'm still very bummed out that Bomberman Live on the Xbox 360 has fizzled out. Are there any Bomberman games on PS3 with an active community? I've been craving some multiplayer bombing action.

Metal-Geo

are there any active online communities in any Bomberman game? I'm still very bummed out that Bomberman Live on the Xbox 360 has fizzled out. Are there any Bomberman games on PS3 with an active community? I've been craving some multiplayer bombing action.

There is this!

My favourite Bombermans are Saturn Bomberman and the Super Bomberman games. Never really was much of a single-player Bomberman fan. But these games' multiplayer are just... hnnnnngood.

The single player mode in Bomberman 64 was awesome. The puzzles weren't too easy, but weren't too hard and solving them gives a sense of accomplishment. Great soundtrack. The boss battles are a bit wonky.

Great game though.

Novocaine

Bomberman Generation is good, except you can't really configure the music and it gets a little tedious after a while.

Celine

Bomberman '94, Saturn Bomberman and Bomberman 64.

Super Bomberman series and Generation are also worth a look (or more).

Top Bottom