• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the best Bomberman games?

Saturn Bomberman, Bomberman 64, and Bomberman Generation. The Super Bomberman games were also good, but only a few of them were localized.
Reading through this thread makes me want Bomberman in Smash. :/
Ditto to that spoiler. Bomberman's a legend at this point too imo, and Hudson worked with Nintendo on a lot of projects, so Hudson had good relations with Nintendo.

I still wish I had a Saturn in the house (along with time and folks that are interested). Multiplayer Bomberman is truly unmatched when it comes to multiplayer party games as far as I'm concerned.

Based on Konami's recent activities, it's hard to say if we'll ever see another proper Bomberman game =\

Zubz

Banned
So bomberman games are worth playing single player? I thought multi was the big draw

It is the big draw, but it doesn't make the single player gameplay invalid.

I know it's actually terrible, but I have a soft spot in my heart for Pocket Bomberman.

Pocket_Bomberman_GBC_ScreenShot2.jpg

Bomberman 64 is a really good single player game, as is Bomberman 2 (DS, PAL/JAP exclusive), which is notable for having character customization that effects the player's stats.

Saturn Bomberman, Super Bomberman 3, Bomberman Hero, and Bomberman World are all worth checking out based on their dope ass soundtracks alone. Jun Chikuma is maybe the most underrated composer in the industry.

Balb

Divorced from its rarity and high price, how good or bad is Bomberman 64 Second Attack? I never actually hear anything about that game outside of the 2 factors I just mentioned.

I played Bomberman Hero to death on the N64. It was easily my most played game on the console. Unfortunately I didn't hear about The Second Attack until it had already completely disappeared from shelves. At some point I gave up on ever finding a copy.

I had no idea until this thread that there was a Bomberman 64 sequel and that was one of my favorite 64 game ever.

Is it any good? Is it worth trying to track down?

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
I played Bomberman Hero to death on the N64. It was easily my most played game on the console. Unfortunately I didn't hear about The Second Attack until it had already completely disappeared from shelves. At some point I gave up on ever finding a copy.

I remember seeing an ad for Second Attack and the Bomberman Max games in a comic book (a Johnny Bravo one, I think?), looking for them and not finding them anywhere. I wound up finding Bomberman Max Red during that holiday season, so it wasn't a completely sad story, but I spent years wondering what kind of game Second Attack was.

While I have Bomberman 94 on the VC and love it, the release date seems to be between Super Bomberman 1 and 2.. which means 3,4 and 5 came after it. I wish we had those on the VC. Especially 5. It's probably secretly the best multiplayer Bomberman (out of the 4-5 player ones)

leroidys

With a new Bomberman title coming out this week, I was rooting around the internet for some bomberman rankings and critiques, and lo and behold there was a
kind of
recent gaf thread.

My favorites are Bomberman Online, Bomberman Tournament and Bomberman 64. Nostalgia definitely factors heavily into this, as these were the games that I played most with friends, which is, of course, where Bomberman shines.

Each of these games though I think were perfectly tailored for their era. Bomberman Online came out right when console online gaming was becoming a thing, Bomberman Tournament heralded the beginning of single cart multiplayer on portables, and Bomberman 64 was right there on the first console with 4 dedicated controller ports.

Top Bottom