• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

Tesseract

Banned

11UO.gif

c9b17c4b3c76b95db0e977bbf1208a4c.gif

MOON-sam-bell-28174745-500-206.gif

giphy.gif

Tschumi

I'm in trouble, locked in to my annual lotr audiobook collection listen-through, i do this while riding my bike around/getting groceries/etc.. I've listened through the silmarillion and now I'm in lotr proper.. but it's locking me out of a few Sonic Youth albums I've recently been turned on to, and a dive back into genesis and steely dan for a bit of audio perfection~ i hope i get through some music before i stumble on to my ever-other-year Dark Tower audiobook listen through, which takes a month or more, and which i feel approaching...

Jethalal

Banned
I'm in trouble, locked in to my annual lotr audiobook collection listen-through, i do this while riding my bike around/getting groceries/etc.. I've listened through the silmarillion and now I'm in lotr proper.. but it's locking me out of a few Sonic Youth albums I've recently been turned on to, and a dive back into genesis and steely dan for a bit of audio perfection~ i hope i get through some music before i stumble on to my ever-other-year Dark Tower audiobook listen through, which takes a month or more, and which i feel approaching...
How is The Dark Tower series? Thinking of reading them, are they consistent in quality?

Tschumi

i admit, only reason i listened to this song was to see the video

I got into FoS because YouTube algorithm recognised i was listening to the MGSV playlist songs and gave me a bunch of synthpop suggestions.. that song is plenty cool but "photograph of you" is teh best imo... Lacking in babe creds though

teezzy

Banned
What's your favourite book in the series?

I wanna say the Waste Lands or Drawing of the Three. It got worse as it went on, if I remember correctlly. I read them all in high school, borrowed most the books from my older cousin, and it sorta bleeds together. I remember Wizard and the Glass being the first one to bore me outright and it was a bit of a mixed bag from there It's been a loooong time though bro lol

teezzy

Banned
One of my favorite moments from Drawing of the Three were all those crabs fucking with Roland on the beach lmao. I havent thought about that in years

teezzy

Banned

22497719.jpg

Lobstrosities are bizarre creatures that live on the beaches of the Western Sea. They look like a cross between scorpions and giant lobsters measuring about four feet long,1 and a half foot wide, with sharp serrated beaks, and eyes on stalks.

Roland Deschain observes that they constantly murmur questions: Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick? Later discovering they are venomous but despite this they are edible which is proven by Eddie.

They assume what Roland calls "The Honor Stance" when the waves of the ocean come in. "The Honor Stance" is when they hold their claws up in the air. This stance is held until the waves wash over them. The lobstrosities also appear to be more vicious at night.

One of these creatures is responsible for taking two of Roland's fingers, one of his toes and a chunk from his calf. Eddie also has a dream he is ripped apart by these creatures while tied up on the beach by Detta. Jack Andolini met his end by these creatures after his hand was blown apart by his gun.

HAHAHAHA "Lobstrsoties" bro I remember them just being regular ass crabs

Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1

Tschumi

One of my favorite moments from Drawing of the Three were all those crabs fucking with Roland on the beach lmao. I havent thought about that in years
Lol i hate that moment,
the badass hero becoming a gimp'd cripple like 10% into his journey
, but i think the backstories and the way he gets Eddie in particular are pretty interesting in that book..

I wouldn't say they get worse, because Wolves of the Calla and the one set in Roland's teen years (Wizard and glass i now remember) are pretty great to me, but yeah the final couple drag on a tad. By that point i am sustained by the fact that I've forgotten most of what happens so it's still fresh lol..

Interesting, the way king weaves real life into it, though you can kind of tell it's an interpretation he's dreamt up sometime partway through the 20 or so years it took him to write it lol...

I think it helps that i listen to them in audiobook form, some other guy is reading them so i can just focus on the content without resenting the length lol

Tschumi

22497719.jpg

HAHAHAHA "Lobstrsoties" bro I remember them just being regular ass crabs

Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1
Lol yeah in my mind they're regular sized and that's what makes it infuriating when they take chunks, the fuckers

Tschumi

Just lost myself with no batteries in my city, an hour riding around alien streets on my bike, found a landmark eventually... official Great Experience, i listen to an ipod classic on bike rides and i lost my place in lotr so i had this album on repeat.. incredible experience, i was so hyped during the breakdown of Stones that i was outracing cars on a main road at my heaviest gear... God i love music.. yeah glad nobody door'd me at top speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom