• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

HotPocket69

Banned
Nah, these two are hardly compatible.

🙄

The age old rumors of Kubrick originally wanting Floyd for the soundtrack. The song fits perfectly and beautifully when timed correctly.

Last edited:

HE1NZ

Banned
🙄

The age old rumors of Kubrick originally wanting Floyd for the soundtrack. The song fits perfectly and beautifully when timed correctly.
Pink Floyd barely existed when Kubrick made 2001, and judging by his musical choices in movies he never really cared for their kind of music. Atom Heart Mother and Clockwork Orange story is probably a myth.

I think Pink Floyd long pieces can fit pretty much into anything which is why people find so many coincidences where they fit well.

HotPocket69

Banned
Pink Floyd barely existed when Kubrick made 2001, and judging by his musical choices in movies he never really cared for their kind of music. Atom Heart Mother and Clockwork Orange story is probably a myth.

I think Pink Floyd long pieces can fit pretty much into anything which is why people find so many coincidences where they fit well.

Wow well alright then. Stay chipper, friend.

HE1NZ

Banned
Wow well alright then. Stay chipper, friend.
I mean music fits well, though not as good as the original. But what are the chances that Pink Floyd had a film copy of the movie in 1970, before video was widely available, and they'd bother timing their stuff to it only for it be a cool piece of trivia decades later.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned

hot dog running GIF by Heinz Ketchup

Top Bottom