• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you looking forward to the most in the next Showcases?

What are you expecting the most in this Summer 2023 showcases?

• Total voters

.Pennywise

Banned
It's that time of the year once again where the companies do their showcases and show the meat of their future videogames.
Summer Game Fest, Xbox showcase, and the rumored Sony showcase are all just around the corner.

What are you expecting the most from these next showings?

Fredrik

HfZhTWj.jpg

But if I can only choose 3:

1. Starfield - new IP from the king of RPGs, even with the usual jank it’ll be awesome to dig deep into that thing. The only thing that concerns me is the Nasa punk description about how it’s based in reality. I want to know how much sci-fi it is and if there is some sort of magic or energy weapons.

2. Fable - Playground is one of my favorite devs, can’t wait to see how they tackle the adventure/RPG genre. Could be awesome. Could be terrible. Either way I can’t wait to see it!

3. GTAVI - I’ve actually only played maybe 30 minutes of GTA3 and about 3 hours or so of GTA4. Haven’t touched any other GTA. Still can’t wait to see GTA6! I want to see if they’ve kept the hip swaying latina lady with curves or if they’ve modernized her into something boring.

ungalo

Despite everything that happened i find it funny that most things i'm looking forward to are on the Xbox side. So sure it's also because we didn't see a lot and sometimes reveals significantly reduce my expectations about a game (Redfall is a good example) but still.

Give me Avowed, Fable, the inXile game, Hellblade 2, Perfect Dark, Gears, The Outer Worlds 2...all of that.

Last edited:
Xbox has a far more appealing line up of titles in terms of my personal tastes. However, both are offering exciting stuff to play.

For the poll I choose Fable, Perfect Dark and Everwild.
But in all honesty, I am interested in many other titles as well.

Here are top 4 my most anticipated titles for Xbox in no particular order - Fable, Perfect Dark, Everwild and Gears 6. All of these games just scream the 360 era too me, and that era was incredible.

For the PlayStation camp I can't wait to see/play the following - Death Stranding 2, Wolverine, Twisted Metal and TLOU Factions

And yes I am very interested in GTA 6 and the next Resident Evil as well as Alan Wake 2. But those are multiplatform 3rd party titles and can be played anywhere.

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
I voted GTA 6, Spider-man 2 and Death Stranding 2. I would have voted Starfield too but I have more than 50 hours on Spider man and almost 100 on Death Stranding. And GTA 6 is GTA. DAY ONE for all of those titles. Starfield and the others can wait. Even if I will buy Armored core and some others day one too... 3 votes is not enough man. We need more!

Last edited:

Markio128

GTA 6, Starfield and Spider-Man 2. There are obviously other games I’m interested in (some that aren’t on the list, such as Wolverine), but those 3 are the clear favourites.

None of that really excites me. Some of those games I'm already sold on and would rather not see more.

What I want is new announcements. Bloodborne or Demon's Souls sequel, a new Final Fantasy or other SE RPG, release dates for stuff like Dragon Quest XII, more HD2D remakes, and what all Sony first-party studios are working on next.

Fbh

Silksong release date
Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV+

I also really want to see Dragons Dogma 2 but the way it got announced makes me think it won't be releasing until at least 2025 so I doubt they have anything substantial to show.
Other than that nothing in the list is hyping me up too much, I want to see new announcements and new IP.

Last edited:
Potentially my GOTY: Alan Wake 2.

Didn’t even play the first one, but I like the story and loved the atmosphere in Control. And it’s going to be a survival horror game (you can actually make those again without it being a remake).

Feeling real good about that one!

gothmog

Gold Member
I want to be surprised and only see games that are coming soon. I'm too old to be waiting years for titles to finally come out. That's about all I want.

Kurotri

Almost all of the above, I agree that that 2023 is just a great time. Hogwarts Legacy and Jedi Survivor were such great games. However I want to give a shoutout out to a game that is kinda flying under the radar: The new Lords of the Fallen. I'm feeling very good about that one.

T0minator

Spider-Man 2 is in the lead? It’s gonna look like Spider-Man but with better graphics.

Insomniac will obviously be expanding on the gameplay. The villians are going to be awesome. It'll be their "Empire Strikes Back" moment.

The hype is very much deserved

T4keD0wN

Thats a pretty impressive list, but the stuff i am looking forward to the most is not on it. Are these only the confirmed showings? (they are all very specific)

I want to see Space Marine 2, Mass Effect and Judas really bad.

Riky

$MSFT
Perfect Dark is my most anticipated title, dying to see that.
Avowed gameplay next, hopefully a 2024 game so will scratch the Elder Scrolls itch.
Indiana Jones, interested to see in what direction they take this, see if MS can compete in the big budget 3rd person action adventure genre.

Laptop1991

Hopefully other than Starfield they will announce remasters of both Fallout 3 and New Vegas, i doubt anything will be shown of Avowed and the Outer Worlds 2.

.Pennywise

Banned
Any Nintendo IP, of which you’ve listed none.
Not my fault Nintendo is dry af and doesn't have anything to show

Thats a pretty impressive list, but the stuff i am looking forward to the most is not on it. Are these only the confirmed showings? (they are all very specific)

I want to see Space Marine 2, Mass Effect and Judas really bad.
Just most plausible stuff to be shown, and ran out of space too.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Indiana Jones, interested to see in what direction they take this, see if MS can compete in the big budget 3rd person action adventure genre.
I am interested too. But I fear that this is one of the games that are the farthest from completion. Teased in 2021, and with a normal 4/5 year dev time for a AAA, I would be surprised to see them having something ready so soon. Same for the Kojima game. If we do get something it has huge potential. Indiana Jones can be a lot of things. Action adventure like Uncharted. More plaforming and reflexion like old Tomb raider games. Historic with good setpieces from all the films, lot of timeskips and a world map of places/ events you can go to and be a lite Assassin's creed. They can make their own scenario and be like Spider-man, TLOU or GOW and give us a great story. So many options. And the almost certitude to have a true next gen game with UE 5 too.

kyussman

Honestly the thing I Iook forward to at these big showings the most is the thing I didn't know existed......I love having a big game drop out of nowhere.I want to see more of Death Stranding 2 but also not because having loved the first one I kind of want to go in knowing less......those fucking Kojima trailers though,lol......the ones for the first game had me on the hook right from the start.

Fredrik

It’s made by MachineGames (Wolfenstein), don’t think they’ve talked about the perspective but I always assumed it would be first person since that’s what MachineGames do.

Gojiira

More interested in Sonys unnanounced stuff tbh.
But DS2, out of everything on that list between both platforms, DS2 just looks like the most interesting and original. Cannot wait to play it.

naguanatak

Death Stranding 2

Would love a gameplay showcase, but a Trailer would be fine, too. As long as its the usual length of his trailer edits.
I'm the opposite of Kojima haters which invade every thread with 'pretentious hack who sniffs his own farts' (which I do myself and I'm always pleased with the smell :messenger_tears_of_joy: call me weird, I don't care)
This man (and his team of course) touches something deep inside me :messenger_smirking:
Currently replaying Death Stranding while waiting on Tears of the Kingdom. I'm taking it slow, enjoying every minute of it. So, nothing comes close, but I'm looking forward to other games aswell. Starfield, Fable, Avowed, GTA 6, Hellblade 2, State of Decay 3 and on and on...

reksveks

If I am choosing three

Starfield gameplay, specially this ftl inspired space combat
Kojima horror game, I hope there is some interesting shit in it
TLOU factions gameplay, not cause I will play it, I don't play any online games but cause I am interested to see what they do with it.

Top Bottom