• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your most anticipated indie games?

elbow25

Neo Member
Deadbolt comes out on the PS4 on the 20th of this month. Absolulty amazing game if you like gore, stealth and action.

I have to say, Shovel Knight is one of the best games I've ever played in my life. It's an 8 bit throwback that not only actually stands up to the 8 bit classics of yesteryear, but it would legit be considered one of the all time greatest games ever made if it were released on the NES in 1990 rather than modern platforms in 2014. Although I didn't enjoy it quite as much, I still loved the Plague Of Shadows expansion and its unique play style. I have yet to play Specter Of Torment, but I plan on downloading the Treasure Trove on Switch very soon.

So with that in mind, the King Of Cards expansion might just be my most anticipated upcoming indie title at the moment. A Hat In Time would be up there if it were ever announced for Switch, but running on Unreal Engine 3 makes it highly unlikely that will ever happen. I can still get on PS4, but I wouldn't be able to play it as much as I would on Switch due to the PS4 being my brother's.

betrayal

Banned
Up to this day Rogue Legacy is my favorite indie game. Love the random levels. replayability and the proper scaling. I hope we'll see successor with a bigger scope and more variety.

Silvawuff

Really excited for Freedom Planet 2. I thought the first game was a real gem. This one seems to improve on virtually everything that made the first great, along with some new and interesting mechanics for the genre.

caffeware

Banned

hysterical-laughter-gif-1.gif

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The Good Life: Really like the visuals they going for. I don't do Kickstarter so if this game does get released I will gladly support this game by buying it day one.

aueft

Neo Member
Super interested in Hylics 2, although I get the feeling that it might still be too surreal even for me.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I’m anticipating The Messenger quite a bit since the reveal. Looks right up my alley.

Tharel

Neo Member
EITR, Death's Gambit, Routine and M&B Bannerlord wich i think will never be released.

Children of Morta, CrossCode and Last Night wich i think it will be released :p

sublimit

Banned
The Good Life
Sea of Solitude
Vane
The First Tree
I also forgot to add Azumatei Kwaidan for PS4
Azumetai-Kwaidan.jpg

This game seems to be a love letter to PS2 era third person horror games with a setting based on Japanese folklore and Yokai spirits. The developer said that they will begin localization as soon as possible.
Some gameplay:

Top Bottom