• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your primary and secondary gaming platforms?

What are your primary and secondary gaming platforms?

• Total voters

IFireflyl

Gold Member
As the title says: let NeoGAF know your preferences. If it's a toss-up, just pick one of the closest options.

I am primarily a PC gamer, although I do have an Xbox Series X and a Nintendo Switch. I have used the Xbox Series X more than the Nintendo Switch recently, so I'm going with PC/Xbox.

Topher

Gold Member
Primarily PC for many reasons. Secondary is PS5 as I love Sony first party games and trophy hunting. I also play on Switch but not as much as the other two. All great in their own way, imo.

Last edited:

Sojiro

There should be a don't care, or I don't see them as primary/secondary devices.

*Edit: BTW I love your mobile option ROFL.

Last edited:
Just PC at the moment, haven't powered on my Series X in about a year. Switch in like 3. PS4 Pro whenever TLOUII was the new thing.. or did I play God of War after that? I dunno. No PS5.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I spend 50/50 with both Switch and PS5 so I can't really say which one is exactly my secondary system.

Topher

Gold Member

Happy If You Say So GIF

TexMex

I have everything.

PS5 by far, PC I play tons of RTS/PUBG on still. Switch every now and again. Rarely turn on the Series X unless it’s to play old back compat titles.

Fredrik

Primary PC.
I don’t have a specific secondary platform, depends on games output. But right now it’s Switch since I play some Super Mario Wonder on the side while maining Starfield on Steam, guess I vote for Nintendo today.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Primary is PC, secondary Nintendo. I have an Xbox Series X...but I don't play any games on it, due to my PC being pretty beefy. Play switch pretty often though.

Dazraell

I'm always struggling to commit to one platform as primary as I tend to play games interchangeably on various devices

My current setup is split between playing on Steam Deck, PS5 and Switch

nikos

PC - Primary.
Switch - Anything I'd rather play there without sacrificing too much. Also exclusives.
PS5 - Rarely use it.
XSX - Sold because primary is PC.

Last edited:

M.W.

Primary is PC, duh.

Secondary is a toss up. I play a lot of Xbox multiplayer games with friends and use my PS5 as a single player exclusive console.

Godot25

Banned
Series X for almost all of multiplats and of course Game Pass and PlayStation 5 for first-party games which I'm playing by subbing for PlayStation Plus Extra for few months and then unsubscribing.

Bry0

Pc basically covers all of Xbox anyway, so I’m pc first and PlayStation second. I can’t pass up gran turismo or rise of the ronin. I don’t even care about stuff like god of war or the last of us or spider man tbh. Even despite that there’s still games I like having a ps5 for.

Last edited:
Primary: PC, secondary: PS5.

I also own a Switch OLED and Xbox Series X but while the former does get some use especially as a handheld, the latter is barely used at all now as I bought it basically before I got a new i5-13600KF, 32 GB DDR4 3600, RTX 4080, Windows 11 Pro PC last December so it is way more powerful than the console and with all current Xbox games also being available on PC then there is little to reason to play them on Xbox these days. Why would I want to play Starfield on Xbox when I can play it on PC with better framerates and with mods?

Last edited:

Alan Wake

I'm kind of stuck with Xbox due to the controller and my gamerscore. But since they're moving away from physical media, which I prefer despite how much I like Game Pass, I'm probably migrating more and more towards PlayStation in the future. Switch is not a platform I play on very often (my son loves it, though).

Hohenheim

Definitly mostly PC, including Game Pass. Nintendo om the side, but the most used secondary platform for me lately is also PC. (Legion Go, Rog Ally). PS5 mostly used for streaming shows and movies. Only game i've played on it this year is FF16

nemiroff

Gold Member
PC only.

(but we have the latest gen consoles available for the kids to play on)

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
PC first then Nintendo and PlayStation. I think Nintendo puts out more first party exclusives than Sony. This year they certainly did better with Zelda and Mario compared to Spider-Man, Horizon expansion and the paid exclusive FFXVI that I should have waited for on PC when I was bored. Spider-Man was top notch, but it is hard to beat TotK and playing Mario with my 7 year old son.

DanEON

There should be options for primary only.
I play on PC only, no secondary option. Sold my PS5 months ago and I don't regret it.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Primary: PC
Secondary: Steam Deck (PC)

From modern consoles I own Series X (I don't even know why) and PS5 (I use it once or twice a year).

Forth

Xbox Series X only, I had a PS5 but Sony's first party game are just okay.
I also prefer the design and build quality of the Series X and controller too.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Switch only, with 0.1% mobile.

Sony exclusives have lost their cutting edge IMO, and Xbox can’t execute anything resembling a ‘must play’ game.

Nintendo first party is hands down the best, and there are plenty of indies/third parties too. Only play in handheld, games look great on the small screen.

Only issue is I’ll need to do something for From games. Waiting on Steam Deck 2 for that, but might buy and flip a PS5 instead.

Schmendrick

99% PC with the occasional Sony first party game maybe once or twice a year on PS5. Suffice to say that the PS5 will be the last console I buy now that even Sony has started porting to PC.

I have all the major platforms and no time to play them all. That being said, I primarily play on PC and Steam Deck.

I use my PS5 and Switch for exclusives but rarely play them. My Series X is just a glorified Crunchy Roll machine at this point.

I mentioned this in another thread but there's no way I'm buying into consoles again. Both MS and Sony seem to be going in a direction I'm not happy with ads for games on dashboards and having to verify my device with a connection to the internet for disc drives to function. PC I have a bit more control over that stuff.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Definitely PC and Switch. Mainstream AAA console gaming has been nothing but disappointing the last few years with only a very few exceptions.

Top Bottom