• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your primary and secondary gaming platforms?

What are your primary and secondary gaming platforms?

• Total voters

Roxkis_ii

I mostly play ps and pc. I have a switch, but my hands are too big play comfortably for more then 10 minutes.

Topher

Gold Member
doubting-glaring.gif
jennifer lawrence kiss GIF by BAFTA

LostDonkey

It used to be PC/Playstation but since my PC is a little old now it's SX/Playstation. Occasionally some Switch, though I only own New super Mario Bros on that as I'm not really into mobile gaming. Or Nintendo for that matter.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I mainly play on consoles and I split my time pretty evenly among the 3. When I finally get around to building a new gaming pc I'll probably use that as my primary with Nintendo as secondary.

I probably play on my XSX and my PS5 for equal amounts of time, although it kind of stresses me out that I’m spread out over two next gen consoles. I’d rather just have one.

My Switch is used pretty much exclusively with my son.

These days I wish I had a PC just to keep things as simple as possible, but eh.

MayauMiao

Primary : PC (no thanks to Fallout 76)
Secondary : PS2 (going retro)

Things would change if Switch 2 comes out.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Xbox is probably the most played now, with Switch 2nd place.

PS5 is the most distant 3rd I've ever experienced. In the past I played handhelds as a 3rd system more than this. I play Quest 2 more than this. Been considering unhooking it and packing it away and hooking up the PS3 or Wii U instead. Only have 3 HDMI slots. Hoping for maybe Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade in 2024.

Last edited:
PS5 for first party games and games that don't need their graphics maxed out and have cool box art for my shelf, like AC Mirage for example.

PC for max graphics in games like Red Dead, BFV with the BF 1944 mod and old CoD campaigns and other older games that I want to play in 4K.

tylrdiablos

Primary: PC,
Secondary: Switch (for the exclusives)

Currently bouncing back and forth between Battlefield 2042 with friends and Mario Wonder. Can't complain.

swaffles23

Primary I guess is PS5 but I play a lot on steam deck and have a gaming laptop just to play Counter-Strike and Xbox for COD mostly

Denton

Few years ago I would say PC primary, PS secondary, but my PS4 Pro has been gathering dust since 2020, so PC only it is.

Steam Deck too but that's still a PC.

Ozriel

M$FT
I own everything, spend a bit more time on the PlayStation due to multiplayer FIFA and the occasional SF and Mortal Kombat, followed by the Series X with GP. Switch only sparingly with the kids, and PC on hold while i wait for Black Friday for best deals on some components. Used to game on my 3070 Lenovo Legion, but stopped. Steamdeck is gathering dust...

Setting up my Quest 3 today so remains to be seen how much it engages me.

Primary: Xbox
Secondary: Playstation

It's about 90% Xbox, 10% or less Playstation. Playstation is only for Sony exclusives. I do play some games on my laptop, but they are usually older games because the GPU isn't great. Been a while since I've had a nice PC. Would like to get a Switch again for newest Zelda, but just don't have time, and I'm crossing my fingers for a more powerful Switch that will offer a better experience.

Roberts

Always had more than one system until very recently. I just don't have time to play everything and no FOMO here so just stuck with my favourite: XSX.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
With 181 participants currently, it looks like PC is actually in the lead for the primary gaming platform.

PC - 36.4%
PlayStation - 35.4%
Xbox - 18.7%
Nintendo - 4.5%
Mobile - 0.6%
Other - 4.4%

I did not expect PC to be in the lead, but I am pleasantly surprised!

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Primary: PC/Steam Deck

Secondary: Switch

Haven’t sold it yet only because of Gran Turismo and so my kids can play Hogwarts Legacy: PS5

Don’t own and never will: Xbox

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Hard to rank... divided amongst Nintendo, PC, Quest, PCVR+Quest, and PS5. Plus a lot of retro-gaming on various systems (hacked 3DS, raspberry pi + retropi + CRT, etc). I probably use the PS5 least... it's there for high-end TV gaming but that's the genre I have the least time for, plus that's the genre that has gotten worse every year in terms of corporate BS.

Last edited:

cireza

Primary is Xbox.

I put Nintendo as secondary, however the real secondary for me are all of my retro consoles. And depending on the time of year, they tend to be primary.

Last edited:

yurinka

For a year (2017) it was primary PS and secondary Switch.

Since 2018 it has been primary PS and secondary PC, with Switch being way under that.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Haven't picked up a PS5 yet. Still on the fence. I stopped with XBOX at 360. PC and Nintendo for now but that could change. Cool poll though.

NeonDelta

Pc then playstation as it stands

Likely to change next year if I finally manage to find a house with the mrs.

If ps5 pro is more powerful than my RTX 3070 I’ll probably get rid of my pc and go Ps5 and switch 2 and then use GeForce now every now and again for anything pc games I want to play

Don’t game much as it is. spent about 200 hours on games this year and 130 of those were on 3 games (starfield, spiderman 2 and GOW ragnarok)

I keep changing my mind about what I’m going to do so next week I’ll probably have another idea

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I go through phases. At the moment I'm gaming more on the PS5 but usually it's Xbox (mainly because my friends are on there for co op/multiplayer)

Goalus

Primary: Xbox

I have a Switch and a ROG Ally, but I hardly use either of them, so I voted Xbox only.

Don’t own and never will: Playstation

Last edited:
Primary PS5 and secondary Switch because I like physical games. PC is tertiary for PC only niche titles and One X for some older BC titles. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

95% of the games I bought in the past 12 months have been PS5/Switch only.

Last edited:

tmlDan

Primary for gaming is PS5, cause I love trophies and the interface
Secondary PC: Mostly used for strategy, some shooters, and other games more comfy on a PC (like BG3) - also play the occasional gamepass game when i feel like getting a month of gamepass like i did for starfield.

Haven't touched my switch in over a year, nothing to play, and waiting for the new one.

Top Bottom