• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your primary and secondary gaming platforms?

What are your primary and secondary gaming platforms?

• Total voters

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Primary for gaming is PS5, cause I love trophies and the interface
Secondary PC: Mostly used for strategy, some shooters, and other games more comfy on a PC (like BG3) - also play the occasional gamepass game when i feel like getting a month of gamepass like i did for starfield.

Haven't touched my switch in over a year, nothing to play, and waiting for the new one.

Steam also has achievements.

Animated GIF

MikeM

PC is my primary now. Second is the PS5. As much as I enjoy PC, Sony exclusives slap and some games just work better on console. Oh, and trophy hunting gives me boners.

I rotate between PC and Xbox Series S to a degree where there is no primary or secondary. If I had to choose, I would probably give it to PC because I can install mods and emulate older games on it.

Mahavastu

I only use Playstation.
I do not play that much and nearly exclusively single player, and Playstation fullfilled my needs and wants so far.
No reason to buy more devices, I dont really see a reason or benefit for that. 🤷‍♂️

Primary: PlayStation
Secondary: PC

I used to have everything but I sold my Xbox (not really any reason to own it alongside my PC anymore) and my Switch (just never play it and as much as I want to like TOTK I don't want to keep the system to force myself through it). I use the PC for Xbox exclusives and for FPS that I prefer KBM and I use my PS5 for everything else including COD because I prefer controller and it has gyro. I find PC just cumbersome enough that I prefer the simplicity of console. I've owned and built over 10 PCs and played PC on and off since I was a tiny kid in the 90s, but I was always a PlayStation kid and will always own a PlayStation.

I also still own every PlayStation console besides the PSP (PS1, PS2, PS3 Phat and Slim, PS Vita 1000 and 2000, PS Pocket, PS4 Pro 500M).

NikuNashi

Primary : PS5
Secondary : Switch

I feel I am missing out on nothing. The only thing I wanted to play on xbox was ORI and that came to switch so I was happy.

ssringo

1. PC
2. Phone

Sorry consoles but I spend more time fucking around with mobile games than the occasional exclusive that I kinda care about.

Codes 208

Primary: PC
Secondary: switch

Most of the games i want to play are on pc, the switch is the only console that consistently hits the mark for me regarding exclusives (though ps5 is a close second as far as consoles go.)

No need for an xbox however as my pc can play every xbox one/series game i want nowadays, but MS treats xbox more as a platform now so i guess theyre still getting what they want out of me

Last edited:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Primary: PC
Secondary: switch

Most of the games i want to play are on pc, the switch is the only console that consistently hits the mark for me regarding exclusives (though ps5 is a close second as far as consoles go.)

No need for an xbox however as my pc can play every xbox one/series game i want nowadays, but MS treats xbox more as a platform now so i guess theyre still getting what they want out of me

Unless they come out with another Halo edition Xbox in the future, I can't see myself picking up an Xbox again. My gaming PC will pretty much always be my primary platform, and that makes owning an Xbox almost pointless.

JayK47

Up until now, I would say PC and Playstation. But I have lost interest in consoles now that I have less time to play and most games eventually come out on PC. So I may as well stick with PC and may drop consoles altogether. In my opinion, exclusives for the latest console generation is shit. Sony and Microsoft are too woke now and I lost interest in Nintendo like 20 years ago. Thanksfully jRPGs are coming out on PC now.

Naked Lunch

Primary: RetroTINK 5X - and any retro console you can think of hooked up to it (heh)
Secondary: Xbox Series X

Last edited:

RayHell

• Primary: 4090 PC - The most flexible platform
  • Secondary: PS5 - For the game that are not on PC
  • Third: Switch - Multiplayer with the kids
  • Last: Series X - It's been off for almost 2 years now

Chastten

Banned
Mostly Switch, with a little bit of PC on the side.

Honestly, I know that, objectively speaking, PC is by far the best gaming platform these days, and I actually have a pretty decent gaming PC and a backlog of hundreds of games spanning almost 3 decades. And I know I should spend more time with it. But after a workday, and with me already spending quite some time on the PC for editing pictures, I'm mostly just too tired or too lazy to play games on there. And yeah, I do have a bunch of Xbox controllers, and I have a cable hooked up to the TV, and it should be very comfortable, but often times it's just too much hassle. Lots of A and AA games don't play too well with dual monitor setups and dragging windows between screens, some games still require a keyboard upon boot... there's just always something holding it back for me.

And that's where Switch comes in. It's just the perfect fit for me. I can play it anytime, anywhere without hassle. It's in that perfect comfy zone for me, not sure how to explain it, but yeah, I love it to bits.

Top Bottom