• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your thoughts on cloud gaming?

Estellex

Cloud gaming is essentially moving the video game content and execution off of a consumer's device and onto the cloud, so there isn't a need to have a gaming PC or a gaming console. The concept is still in its infancy stage, and there are infrastructure problems associated with bandwidth and connection speed in most of the world.

Do you think cloud gaming will become a very successful venture in the near future, or do you think the concept is too flawed to work?

Last edited:

AetherMage

Like the concept, but my experience with it has been pretty poor so far. Trying out Game Pass games on my Android has been especially shit. Bugs, stutters, lost connections resulting in loss of progress. Don't see it working well for certain genres of games in my lifetime.

nush

ii916gao14x01.jpg

DESTROYA

Cloud gaming so far has been bigly dissatisfying so far, I can’t ever see input lag on a controller ever going away or reduced enough to make it enjoyable.
Personally I feel it‘s too flawed to be successful.

not my thing but I can understand those who likes it. it has its advantages and maybe when it gets to a point when there's no input lag (or so small of one you can't even notice it) I'll give it a shot.

I could imagine it working really really well for turn based games, RPGs or maybe even real-time strategy. I cannot imagine it working for anything action based. Racing, fighting, FPS, even action-adventure seems almost impossible without a ridiculously stable and fast connection. And even then, I question whether input lag will still be a problem.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Zero interest until data caps are eliminated and ultra-fast low-latency connections are the norm rather than the exception.

Stadia is probably the most serious attempt and it's an awful experience in my opinion.

As is, I think it's a cool idea as an add-on for game purchases or for letting people demo games, but I'm not sure that's enough to justify it from a business perspective.

Top Bottom