• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what did you think of Coraline? (MOUSE LOVERS GET ITT)

buizel

Banned
TenseFrigidHoopoe-size_restricted.gif
028cf10182852cfc7446658a5ea98466.gif
e8d264e24ef85b9de29c9b684ef5ed0fec033aca_hq.gif
IumpM99v5loKsqdaVg1SG49NFmBR_dUShBLei74FbrmmHoEPvE2S9z0GtwgQzrMtxsP4nVbRhqRPTzH9ZOsiXijl-PHXgwgVSVnxxtew-BSmc_UWQiFJyPZQHpEfTljCJVVFq3QvGHxyn34XtHw
original.gif

best movie ever. until

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
One of the best animated features ever. It's definitely Henry Selicks best work. Dark and grim, yet beautiful and unique. Coraline showed the world that it was Selick who should've gotten the recognition for A Nightmare before Christmas before Tim Burton came in and stole all the sunshine.

buizel

Banned
One of the best animated features ever. It's definitely Henry Selicks best work. Dark and grim, yet beautiful and unique. Coraline showed the world that it was Selick who should've gotten the recognition for A Nightmare before Christmas before Tim Burton came in and stole all the sunshine.

I was totally unsure of who made this. Loved the style, it has that Tim-Burton feel that you cant look away even if nothings happening.

Dark Star

Love it! Saw it in theaters and thought the stop-motion was brilliant. It's like Alice in Wonderland meets The Twilight Zone. Dark, twisted, creepy and horrific. It's a nice film for all ages, though. Definitely one of my favorite animated films from the 2000's along with Corpse Bride.

Last edited:
it's a wonderful movie. I love most of Laika's stuff. stop motion done right is so good. too bad it takes so much time to produce one movie but I guess it comes with the territory.

Top Bottom