• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What toys/video games did you never get as a kid?

ReBurn

Gold Member
Can't think of any. I was always satisfied with what I had. I didn't get the flashiest toys but I alway had something to play with.

“No Boglins” 😖😫
a-boglin-toy-in-its-cage-box.jpg

My mom thought they would scare the shit out of me in my room at night.

Last edited:

poodaddy

Power wheels. Always thought they were the coolest thing in the world, never got anything. So jealous of my friends with one lol.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Going off topic, I got one of these one xmas (it was way better built though, looked like a real snowmobile). Was the best present ever, I don't know how my mother managed to get this in Communist Poland on a single parent waitress salary. Only downside was I couldn't go out by myself as it was so heavy, so I was sitting in the living room pretending I am outside in the snow.

BestoutdorKidsSkiSledSnowRacerSledwithSteeringWheelandDoubleBrakesPullRope_1_800x.jpg

GreenAlien

Bravo Traube

Bravo Bravo the grapes are ready.
Squeak Squeak Grape Mash, you make them all flat.
They want to escape, they want to escape
but none can escape you.
Bravo grape that’s nice, that’s what we want to play now!”

-Minsc-

9aa2a60449d24ec0ad748ac4d6c1d088xl.webp

Man I wanted that Optimus so bad. With the sick trailer and everything. But it was crazy expensive.

Kid in my class got him, spoiled little shit.
Die-cast?

My elder bro had that. I believe he took it to school and someone stole it.

Castle Grayskull
s-l1200.webp
I remember seeing that around the house as a kid. By the time I started remembering things some of the pieces must have gotten lost because all I remember in it was the floor and throne.

As for me, I don't remember. I'm sure there were toys and games I wanted but never got.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
This thread is such a nostalgic trip that it's making me throb.

Anyway, I always wanted these two as a kid. Would stare at them for hours in the Argos catalogue

s-l1600.jpg
Photo-14-03-2022-10-28-14-scaled.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Spyxos

Gold Member
That goddamn GI Joe aircraft carrier from the 80s

CBXBDuj.jpg

It wouldn't have fit anywhere in our house, and I wasnt into GI Joe, but boy did I want it for all of my Ninja Turtle figures.

Luckily I never saw it as a child. It looks like every 8 year old's dream toy.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Luckily I never saw it as a child. It looks like every 8 year old's dream toy.

It kinda was next to an NES at the time. The "bad" kid in my neighborhood had it so I pretended to be his a friend for the day a couple times just so I could check it out. He was one of those kids where the house had a basement that was converted into a playroom so there was a ton of room for it. The thing was amazing.

Muffdraul

Never had a game console. When I was 3 yrs old we had a Magnavox Odyssey, but I was too little for it and apparently we only had it for about a month. Dad got rid of it because my two older sisters only played with it for a couple of days. From then on, whenever I asked if we could get an Atari 2600, Intellivision, Colecovision, etc. my parents always said, "No, no, no way, we had one of those things once and nobody played with it, all it did was collect dust in the living room. We'll never get another one of those expensive pieces of junk." I lost interest anyway when I hit puberty, but right after graduating college I bought an SNES for purposes of establishing credit. After just few minutes of Super Mario World, I was re-addicted and have been ever since.

This motherfucker'

Fuck you Santa. FUUUCK YOU!!

Sega-Mega-Drive-JP-Mk1-Console-Set.jpg

I'm slowly being convinced you're my gaming doppelganger. Same here mate, never owned a Mega Drive, always had to crash a mates house to play Altered Beasts, James Pond, Shinobi, Golden Axe II, MKII etc. Never cared for Sonic games, not my thing.

That goddamn GI Joe aircraft carrier from the 80s

CBXBDuj.jpg

It wouldn't have fit anywhere in our house, and I wasnt into GI Joe, but boy did I want it for all of my Ninja Turtle figures.

I can't begin to express just how big this thing was. I didn't have this but I briefly met a kid who did as I was dragged along with my mother as she gave a Tupperware party. I played with the hostess' son who was my age and he had about everything, including this. I marveled at it as it was huge. He also had Ultra Magnus so it was the first time I saw the white Optimus Prime cab. However the biggest jaw drop was he had one of these:

robotech-sdf-1-1986.jpg

When it stood on end it was taller than either of us.

-Minsc-

OK, something popped into my head. Not exactly a toy but an accessory for RC cars. I remember the commercials which advertised the accessory battery packs. Slap them in and were greeted with an increasing bar graph going from green, to yellow and then to red. Chain lightning and MORE POWER. Why would I have not desired one?

Last edited:
Top Bottom