• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you expect for the Playstation 'remote play' feature with PS5?

Kupfer

When I read DjMystix DjMystix s' comment above, I was wondering if I will be able to stream my PS4 and PS5 games with the PS5 through Steamdeck in the future. It would be ideal to be able to play small indie games anywhere at home without having to use the big TV.
I have almost no experience with Linux, maybe someone knows better and already uses a Linux device to stream games with PS remote play?
Would be interesting to know, if the internal Deck controls would work or if you have to connect a dualsense.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
When I read DjMystix DjMystix s' comment above, I was wondering if I will be able to stream my PS4 and PS5 games with the PS5 through Steamdeck in the future. It would be ideal to be able to play small indie games anywhere at home without having to use the big TV.
I have almost no experience with Linux, maybe someone knows better and already uses a Linux device to stream games with PS remote play?
Would be interesting to know, if the internal Deck controls would work or if you have to connect a dualsense.
Sure. Install Chiaki - it's a better remoteplay app than Sonys own app.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sure. Install Chiaki - it's a better remoteplay app than Sonys own app.
I honestly think 50% of my SteamDeck usage may be for Remote Play of PS4/5 games.

I hope someone makes a dedicated PS Now client for Linux. It seems that some people have said that the Windows app is running nicely via recent Proton updates, which bodes well for the SteamDeck, but it is a bit fiddly to set up.

Better still it would be great if Sony just released a browser based PS Now solution like every other streaming platform, maybe it will come when they revamp their PS+/PS Now offering.

I am a heavy user of Remote Play and I use a third party app (PStreamer) instead of the official app because it allows you remap the controls and for some reason is super smooth working over the internet too. I absolutely love this feature because it allows me to play PS4 or XBOX from anywhere. One more reason my switch is collecting dust is because I prefer this setup over picking up switch when I'm away.

I'm excited that Sony is putting some focus here. This is a great feature and I'm hoping they will continue to make improvements.

ed5u2sJ.png
What are the results like outside your home? How does it work?

DjMystix

What are the results like outside your home? How does it work?
Serviceable. I just reduce the quality to 720p with 30 fps and it does work most of the time over LTE or WIFI. I wouldn't play fighting games this way tho. I played a big chunk of Dragon Ball Z Kakarot back when it was out while away from my house and it was not bad at all.

Also, this is the APP I use now. So much better than the other one and a million times better than the official app:

NpkA50W.jpg

Last edited:

Esppiral

Serviceable. I just reduce the quality to 520 or 720p with 30 fps and it does work most of the time over LTE or WIFI. I wouldn't play fighting games this way tho. I played a big chunk of Dragon Ball Z Kakarot back when it was out while away from my house and it was not bad at all.

Also, this is the APP I use now. So much better than the other one and a million times better than the official app:

NpkA50W.jpg
Is there a free version of this app?

DjMystix

Last edited:

drotahorror

I second this app, it's really good.

The official app works great on my PC (but I have both PS5 and PC hardwired to same router) but there's hardly any point in doing that since they're both connected to the same display.

But using my shield downstairs wirelessly over 5Ghz, I get excellent (1080p/60fps) quality and no stutters, buffering etc. There is slight input delay but it's completely playable.

There is no official app for android tv.

Last edited:

DjMystix

I second this app, it's really good.

The official app works great on my PC (but I have both PS5 and PC hardwired to same router) but there's hardly any point in doing that since they're both connected to the same display.

But using my shield downstairs wirelessly over 5Ghz, I get excellent (1080p/60fps) quality and no stutters, buffering etc. There is slight input delay but it's completely playable.

There is no official app for android tv.
You can install PSPlay on android tv. Push the app through Google play link above using a web browser (you can choose which device to install to). The app also shows up properly on android TV UI.

Last edited:

FeldMonster

The Nacon MG-X Pro looks like a very good, comfortable option.

Still waiting for the Moga XP7-X Plus, but it appears to be vaporware. I was hoping that it would finally be announced at CES this year, but apparently not.

drotahorror

You can install PSPlay on android tv. Push the app through Google play link above using a web browser (you can choose which device to install to). The app also shows up properly on android TV UI.

Yeah I have it installed on my shield which uses android TV. I was just more or less stating that there is no official remote play app for Android TV. Not to you or anything, just anyone that reads it in general.

Top Bottom