• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you guys think of the name Mark?

Lorcain

It doesn't seem too common anywhere I've lived, not like more popular names with 2-3 kids with the same name in a class or at a jobsite.

The best thing about the name Mark is that it may be the coolest name ever when you spell it backwards, KRAM!

Luminaire

Kinda plain and boring. It's 2017. Though, if you want to use the name while still having social relevancy, @Mark would suffice.

D6AMIA6N

Mark is not an easy name for children to mock. That means it is probably a good name.

What! You can't be serious!

Mocking the name Mark is easy for a child, let me show you. Fuck that Mark! Mark ass little bitch! Mark Mark fuck that asshole! And finally, Mark? More like dick face.

See?

Boring name.

Do something cool like Abel, Leopold, Django, Reinhardt, Pheonix, Guy, Glen, Hannibal, etc

Be the guy who makes his son cool through name alone. My buddy is named Jesus, pronounced Je Sus. Worked wonders for him.

Nipo

I think of Mark from Rent. But since no one born after 2000 has really seen it that shouldn't be an issue.

I really like the name Mark and I would also consider it, if I had another son.

Although, I've always wondered what it must be like for second children, who are the same gender as their older sibling to know they were given their parents second favorite name...
How about 4th favorite :(

Chojin

This is how kids get stuck with stupid names that date them horribly to the era they were born in.

My wife wanted that bullshit. She wants to do a portmanteau of our dads John + Roberto if we had a son. And I was like. Okay I says, John-Robert sounds alright. I'm like the fourth John as far as I know since my great grandfather. And she's like "No I was thinking Rojon." I tell her that's not a name. She says she wants the kid to be "unique" so I tell her no, if we want him to be unique we'll sign him up for boys gymnastics.

Thank God we had a girl. Isabel. Best ever.

My wife wanted that bullshit. She wants to do a portmanteau of our dads John + Roberto if we had a son. And I was like. Okay I says, John-Robert sounds alright. I'm like the fourth John as far as I know since my great grandfather. And she's like "No I was thinking Rojon." I tell her that's not a name. She says she wants the kid to be "unique" so I tell her no, if we want him to be unique we'll sign him up for boys gymnastics.

Gonna name my next KOTOR character Rojon.

Dodged a bullet there. Thank god for little Izzy.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Mark is best when precede by a Marky.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.

Rojon is a name, I know someone named Rojon.

Dipper145

Why not Ron?

DKPOWPOW

My dad's name is Marc, and I had a cousin named Mark (he sadly passed away). I've always liked the name, prefer it like Marc just cuz I love my dad. I say go for it.

Top Bottom