• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think is going to be Scorpio's official name?

ugh Xbox One Elite is sooooo lame... Really hope they get more creative than that.

Xbox One Elevate
Xbox One Reborn
Xbox One Prime
Premium/Ultra/Deluxe/Master Race
Evo

antibolo

Banned
Seriously how are people STILL on Xbox One Elite?

It already exists people. It's a name they've used. They won't use it again.

So does XBox 1.

It's what everyone and their dog used to call the XBox preceding the Xbox 360.

Microsoft really are that stupid.

Fuckinh trash American console by a trash American company.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
So does XBox 1.

But the original Xbox isn't called Xbox 1. It's called Xbox.

They've been super clear it's an Xbox One, so it has to be that with something else attached. I still think "Elite" is the best idea.

Whatever it is, it will be really dumb.

• They named the Xbox 360 because they were afraid of people thinking a Playstation 3 was superior to a Xbox 2 just because of the number.

• After painting themselves into that corner, they decided to name the Xbox One (?) because it would be the ONE ENTERTAINMENT BOX TO RULE THEM ALL and TVTVTV and because it would be INPUT ONE on your receiver due to it's amazing TVTVTV integration and they were making TVTVTV shows for it. Oh and it apparently played games too.

So with all this name baggage, the most sensible thing I can think of is to shake that all off, wipe the slate clean and just call it Xbox. Which means it will definitely not happen. They will do something dumber than the last two names. I don't know how, because only MS excels at this kind of thing in their own unique MS way.
Xbox Elite?
This also makes way too much sense. There was a Xbox 360 Elite, but never just a Xbox Elite, plus the current premium controller is called the Xbox One Elite Controller so it would line up perfectly with that branding. It makes even more sense than my initial conclusion. Which is why it's even less likely to happen.

MaulerX

So does XBox 1.

chuckle.gif

So does XBox 1.

No it doesn't. It was just called Xbox. Do you go around saying: "I watched Avatar 1 on blu ray recently"

Why are you even in this thread? Are you still one of those people angry about someone else than Japanese companies could possibly make games?

CEJames

Xbox Trinity (because Xbone, PC, Scorpio)

Xbox Revolution or Xbox One R or Xbox R

Xbox Prime or Xbox P (for Premium??)

Fredrik

Xbox Scorpio
Because it's already a well established name talked about everywhere and because it attacks from behind
:)

Xbox Please Buy One

But seriously, is Scorpio a new thing or is it like the PS4 Pro? I know all the One games will work on it, but will there be Scorpio exclusive games that aren't compatible with the One? That will pretty clearly define whether or not this thing drops the "One" branding.

Vintage

Xbox Prime

But a better guess may be just "XBOX". "One" tag was because they tried to push "all-in-one entertainment system", which failed, now they don't need it. Also, if they push for iterative upgrades, there's no need for different names because all of versions will still belong to the same ecosystem. The next xbox after scorpio will also be called "XBOX", just like VW Passat is still Passat after all the years.

Fredrik

Xbox Please Buy One

But seriously, is Scorpio a new thing or is it like the PS4 Pro? I know all the One games will work on it, but will there be Scorpio exclusive games that aren't compatible with the One? That will pretty clearly define whether or not this thing drops the "One" branding.
It's like PS4 Pro.
I don't think they need to keep the "One" brand. I think backwards compatibility on new boxes and forward compatibility on old boxes will be the norm going forward. They'll add some clever hardware check so no matter what Xbox you have you can always play any game on it, you'll just not get all the details cranked up to 11 on an older Xbox.

It's like PS4 Pro.

In that case it'll be the Xbox One something, because otherwise they're risking confusing things.

Xbox One 4K would be my bet, or Xbox One X to continue that convention. Not that either of those wouldn't be confusing to consumers, just less so - easier to market.

Top Bottom