• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think is going to be Scorpio's official name?

dl77

It's not going to be Scorpio any more than the PS4 Pro is PS Neo. Show someone who knows nothing about the machine an XB1s and and XB Scorpio and all it tells them is that one costs more.

It's got to be something simple that indicates it's a higher spec machine, something like Pro or Elite, though I don't think they'll go for Pro as Sony already do that. Things like 'Ultra' etc are too 90's to be used with the broad age range of the market.

Personally I like Xbox One Elite or just Xbox Elite. They've already used it for their premium controller so why not use it for their premium console?

RowdyReverb

In that case it'll be the Xbox One something, because otherwise they're risking confusing things.

Xbox One 4K would be my bet, or Xbox One X to continue that convention. Not that either of those wouldn't be confusing to consumers, just less so - easier to market.
Xbox One 4K or just Xbox 4K seem the most likely. Its less interesting, but it maintains their clear messaging on what the product is about

Raide

Getting use to Scorpio, so keep that and market the hell out of the system so people know it runs all the Xbox one stuff.

MaulerX

Xbox One X

Something tells me this will probably end up being the name. On the surface it might seem a bit lame but upon further inspection it's significance might be twofold. They can have the "X" represent 10 and further help with their Windows "10" synchronization of devices. And as a play with words and acronyms instead of it being "XBO" adding the "X" will help them in simply calling it "XBOX". Pretty clever actually.

And also, here me out on this....

sexbox
image.php

It's not going to be Scorpio any more than the PS4 Pro is PS Neo. Show someone who knows nothing about the machine an XB1s and and XB Scorpio and all it tells them is that one costs more.

It's got to be something simple that indicates it's a higher spec machine, something like Pro or Elite, though I don't think they'll go for Pro as Sony already do that. Things like 'Ultra' etc are too 90's to be used with the broad age range of the market.

Personally I like Xbox One Elite or just Xbox Elite. They've already used it for their premium controller so why not use it for their premium console?

Very true! I'm guessing Elite is a strong contender for the name.

eso76

Xbox One 4K or just Xbox 4K seem the most likely. Its less interesting, but it maintains their clear messaging on what the product is about

Plus it's their fourth console and it would set MS free from having to resort to random numbers in an attempt to make their console not sound like it's one generation behind the PlayStation.
Hopefully they go with Xbox 4k and then Xbox 5 etc.

They've already used Elite and S and Sony already has Pro.

So I'm thinking Xbox One X or just plain, Xbox. Or they could just straight up call it Xbox Two.

It has to be catchy and hook on but it also has to differentiate itself from the X1 and other lines of Xbox consoles so it doesn't confuse people.

Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox 360 Elite
Xbox One
Xbox One S
???

This is not an Xbox 360 nor is it an Xbox One. What would you name it?

Honestly, I'm starting to think they're considering this the next line of Xbox and not just a midgen upgrade so I'm gonna safely assume it's either Xbox Two or something completely brand new that no one here is expecting like Xbox One was.

They've already used Elite and S and Sony already has Pro.

So I'm thinking Xbox One X or just plain, Xbox. Or they could just straight up call it Xbox Two.

It has to be catchy and hook on but it also has to differentiate itself from the X1 and other lines of Xbox consoles so it doesn't confuse people.

Xbox
Xbox 360
Xbox 360 Elite
Xbox One
Xbox One S
???

This is not an Xbox 360 nor is it an Xbox One. What would you name it?

Honestly, I'm starting to think they're considering this the next line of Xbox and not just a midgen upgrade so I'm gonna safely assume it's either Xbox Two or something completely brand new that no one here is expecting like Xbox One was.

Xbox Too. Not Xbox Two.

(Both are terrible and will never happen)

Edit: Actually..."Xbox Too. Not Xbox Two" would be f-ing hilarious. Lol

Top Bottom