• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think of Easy Allies?

Brute

I listen to their weekly podcast. They were better when Bossman was the moderator, but I still enjoy everyone but Ian. Ian thinks he knows a lot about how stuff in the world works and has a lot of opinions but is extremely naïve.
I'm new to them but Ian is the guy with makeup and long hair? He doesn't seem to speak much at all.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
They're one of the only channels I follow really for gaming stuff.

They're still one of the best, but they seem to be in a little bit of a rut after Bosman left. Jones is firing on all cylinders, so no complaints there. Moore is usually great, and Frame Trap is worth a listen every time. Don has other jobs, but when he's on, he's one of a kind and improves everything he's involved in. I like Blood as well - informative and pretty straight forward. Also the only Ally that seems to understand that gyro controls are good. Huber is a fun hype man, and great on podcasts, but still struggles with making his own content. Huber Hype is often a little shallow, but that Monsters Game Show they did was flawless. Damiani is just often so disinterested in what he's doing he looks like he's barely even awake. Friend Code kind of sucks as well. Ian isn't too bad, and can contribute a lot of insight if its related to a game he's actually interested in. He's just so different from the Mandatory Update days when he was honestly one of the best parts of Game Trailers, and genuinely hilarious. He shines when he's with Don, and badly needs a co-host that brings the best out of him like Elyse did. Brad is the best gamer there but hasn't figured out as much how to be an entertainer. Not everyone has that, so maybe he's just a solid back-up guy that does reviews I trust, and isn't as much of a comedian.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I used to love watching them every time they streamed, however the community became unbearable and actively hurt my enjoyment of the Allies. Didn't help that they took this violent, vocal minority group into account for every action they made.

After Bossman left, I stopped watching entirely. I can't stand Ian or Damiani, and I don't interact at all with the community anymore after the numerous awful takes and stances they take.

VN1X

Banned
Been a fan since day 1 but quicky fell of the bandwagon when Kyle left. Not that they've gotten worse or whatever but the combination of Kyle's impeccable qualities as a podcast host and the online-only era (meaning the loss of the typical studio chemistry) has made EZA less interesting and funny for me.

Last edited:
Bosman always felt like he was on another level than everyone else (like it was Tom Brokaw doing a news broadcast at a local high school or something), and only a few of the other guys are interesting, entertaining, or have opinions I care to hear. Most just aren't very good. I only used to really watch them though around E3 since their coverage was excellent (back during the late Game Trailers days specifically).

And totally agree about the Ian comment.

Brute

I used to love watching them every time they streamed, however the community became unbearable and actively hurt my enjoyment of the Allies. Didn't help that they took this violent, vocal minority group into account for every action they made.

After Bossman left, I stopped watching entirely. I can't stand Ian or Damiani, and I don't interact at all with the community anymore after the numerous awful takes and stances they take.
Why did Bossman leave?

they're kinda dorky and wholesome, but I'm not really sure how much they know about video games

just from listening to their podcasts they come across as random game fans rather than anything resembling journalists

Not a consumer of their content but have seen a handful of reactions videos. I suppose the fact that I don’t turn to them says what you wanted to know.

DonF

I LOVE their reviews. Brandon's voice is iconic. Also, they keep it precise, short yet good, mostly spoiler free and great editing.
The only other show I like from them is Huber syndrome.

And their betting specials are soooo good.

Don is great, but he doesn't appear a lot.

Dr Kaneda

I like them but I will say 3 things have decreased my enjoyment of them

1) Them leaving Jones's garage. The vibes when they were making content from there was top tier comfy. Studio feels less soulful.
2) Kyle leaving
3) COVID meaning they have to basically making videos using Zoom calls rather than in person together.

Last issue can easily be fixed, 1st two not so much.

Altares13th

My only go-to media outlet for VG stuff. Before that, I was following gametrailers. Oh wait, they are one and the same!

Last edited:

Roufianos

I like most of them, Ian and Damiani are the exceptions and no coincidence that both are insufferably woke.

I think their podcast is pretty shit though, it's too short and barely discusses anything in-depth. Frame Trap and the reviews are their best content.

brian0057

Banned
A slightly more credible GameTrailers.
Mostly due to Dorito Pope being gone.
But they're still shit.

Last edited:

SCB3

They're fine, I've enjoyed some of their content, I actually like Damiani the most, he reminds me of a better DSP and he cheated at Zelda Speedruns back in the day

RoboFu

One of the green rats
atched them all the time at GT and then when they first started, but they have gone way down hill since then for me. It started when they first changed up the weelly podcast.

llLeonhart

They were getting a bit too woke for my taste, but I still liked it. but then I've completely stopped enjoying their content since Bosman left.

Tried listening to their podcast after Bosman left, and although I like Brandon and some of the other members of the cast, it just wasn't enjoyable for me anymore.

Unsubbed about 3 months ago and never saw anything from them since.

I like their "Gametrailers"-style video reviews but that's about it.
Tried to listen their podcast but it felt like they had to have some forceful gimmicks between the sections. Didn't like it.

Woffls

Supported them for quite a while from the start, but they never really made the kind of content I wanted. Not interested in streaming and like 4 podcasts. Bosman was a huge loss for them, but we weren't really getting peak Bosman anyway.

Handel

Haven't watched much of their content since Bosman left...not that I don't enjoy some of the others like Ben Moore, Jones and Bloodworth...but they don't create much content themselves. When EZA does the Hall of Greats, I'll skip to their sections though. Might turn into some of their reaction videos depending on the announcement.

Beyond Bosman leaving, another reason I've fall off the EZA wagon is that I can't stand Ian and I've found that I dislike solo Huber...alongside Bosman he worked but I find him obnoxious in everything I've seen him in recently.

I find this offensive.
806439.jpg

Aion002

I kinda like them. But they are kinda ignorant about many things in games, I remember watching a stream of them during E3 or something and Desperados 3 was revealed and none them knew about the series... I was like, really? How? Or how ignorant they are about mobile games, mobas, gachas, loot boxes, rts games, exclusivity deals and stuff... They are too limited and they appear to barely care about Xbox and only know about PlayStation post Ps3.

Also, after Kyle Bosman left I lost a lot of interest in them, Kyle at least tried to be prepared about the stuff they were talking, the others don't seem to care much.

Valt7786

Always liked them as a whole unit, they do produce great content and their reviews are some of the only ones I trust for the most part.
If we wanna talk individuals though, Brandon, Ben and Huber are the best ones to listen to. Bloodmore just sounds like a miserable cunt 'cause he had to come out of his basement and pretty sure Ian is to blame for anyone thinking they've gone "woke".

Last edited:
Top Bottom