• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What does "Offer Ends 10/16/06" mean to you?

To me, that means that until COB 10/16 the offer is still good. What about you?

yes another "EB/GS sucks" thread

side note: Dead Rising is $39.99 used at all the stores owned by Trans World Entertainment i.e. FYE, Suncoast, Sam Goody, Coconuts, and whatever the hell else they own.

BuddyC

You could interpret it as either ending on 10/15 or lasting until close on 10/16. Yes, vague wording sucks.

But I'd like to make a note that today is 10/17/06. Hopefully that doesn't have anything to do with it.

I ususally treat offer dates as the day is finishes, so the night before the date given is the last chance.

It means i'm not disapointed when I walk into a store and find no offers on.

well, it was exactly as it was written on the EB sign. I write my dates like that as well, makes more sense. How about 16 Oct 06? :)

and yeah, it was last night. I went into EB to take advantage of the "trade three get $10 extra" because the sign said "ends 10/16/06" but the guy behind the counter said that was yesterday (meaning Sunday the 15th). I told him today was the 16th and it should still be active but he disagreed.

It means the offer ends on the 16th of October.

So the offer can not be valid on the 16th of October, because you already have arrived at the 16th of October, and have a condition that says the offer ends on that day. To me this means as soon as that day begins (midnight of the 15th), the offer has expired.

Is 2 > 2? No, therefore the condition is invalid. The fact that 2 = 2 doesn't matter.

But more clarity never hurt anyone, and I agree signs like this should be worded differently. It should quite clearly say something like "10% bonus tradein! Valid Oct 13, 14, 15" for a short deal.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
that offer ended? i meant to trade in some crap towards my ps3. my laziness ftl. maybe there'll be some other offer between now and launch.

Funny, I went there on the 15th to take advantage of this deal and they told me it had ended on the 14th : \

So I instead used the 20% extra credit when put towards Zelda: Twilight Princess. I find it odd I was able to use that offer but not the +$10/3 considering their website says they both ended 10/15/06.

And after I did that, I called a different Gamestop and asked it that offer was still good and they said it was. Meh.

Top Bottom