• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What evidence is there that Fallout 4 is Xbone exclusive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

batfax

If that happens, I sure as heck won't be playing it. With how many random issues I run into playing Bethesda's games that I have to find a fix for, it seems like a nightmare to play them exclusively on a console where that's not an option. Quest broken? Oh well!

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Fallout 4
Dead Rising 3
Mirror's Edge 2
Titan
Ryse
Insomniac Game

that's probably the lot of "exclusives" for XB1 or something similar if not those exact games. I would be surprised to see more than 5-6 of those type games. Sony will probably have 3-5 of their own.

def sim

I don't think it's likely at all but, if it does happen, here's hoping MS still doesn't consider the PC a real competitor.

Would be crazy

I also hope not, if there are any advantages that the PS4 has over the Xbone from a power/graphics standpoing Fallout 4 would be the game I would almost MOST want to get the benefit of it.

Mesoian

No.

But I wouldn't be surprised if all the DLC was 3-6 month exclusive on the xbone, just like it was with the 360 and the PS3.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
A big game like fallout 4 needs lots of sales, i don't think a fallout/elder scrolls will ever be exclusive.

ciridesu

Why are you constantly posting hypothetical scenarios about random games being 'XBOX EXCLUSIVE' let alone make whole threads about it.

None of those quotes even hint that Fallout 4 would be one of the exclusive games. Not to discount the fact that the game would cost hundred(s) of millions to acquire as an exclusive; i.e. neither console party would do that.

No.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I can't see Fallout 4 being exclusive, and I at least hope not at the same time. Mirror's Edge I can understand, small fanbase really, can't be that expensive to make and get exclusivity, but Fallout is a big series now and ignoring one console means missing out on millions of sales.

I fully expect exclusive DLC out the ass for most games for the next few years though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sure would be a pretty big game to secure as timed/partial exclusive.

I know getting angry over videogames is silly, but this would make me very, very angry. Also, doubt Bethesda would cut their profits by 2/3rds, regardless of how big MS's payoff would be. Timed exclusive DLC is something Microsoft buys because they have a shallow delusion it makes people want the Xbox more. A permanent game exclusive is a very different beast indeed.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Why are you constantly posting hypothetical scenarios about random games being 'XBOX EXCLUSIVE' let alone make whole threads about it.

Oh, I'm sorry for posting my opinions on a game forum, I don't know what got into me. Thanks for setting me straight.

Qassim

Quoting myself from another thread.

The reason why the PS3 version of Skyrim was bad isn't because of the PlayStation brand. Why wouldn't it be different this time? Both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are very similar systems with mostly just differences in the performance of the components.

Unless Sony's SDK and the software layer between the game and the hardware (as little as it may be on a console) is really bad and hinders developers' ability to properly optimise for the hardware, if it is on the XBOne there is no reason why it wouldn't be fine on the PS4.

Nope, now that the PS4 is a suped up PC it won't be hard for them to figure it out like all of Sony's previously proprietary stuff :)

Raxus

After last gen you think that there will be MORE console exclusives?

bender-futurama-laugh2ksrh.gif

Recon_NL

Banned
Why Xbox fans always think ''every'' game will be exclusive for 360/Xbox One?

You guys really think Sony is only busy with first party devs?

If Jeff Gerstmann said it, I don't think it'll happen. Everyone on GiantBomb is super careful about letting things like that slip.

It will have just been an example.

Raydeen

Fallout 3 / New Vegas and Skyrim were easily my favourite games of the current generation. This would secure my Xbone over PS4ail.

sunnz

If MS do get FO4, then it would be day 1 for me. Love 3/NV.

The only next gen exclusive that would come close to that game is Infamous:SS but I would take FO4 over it slightly.

I think the most likely outcome will be a 1 year timed exclusive of the game on the XBONE.

Interesting idea - combined with Mirrors Edge 2, Quantum Break, Forza etc. I'd pretty much be down for Xbox One at launch.

I personally know a handful of people that will follow the Fallout 3/NV franchise anywhere - so they'd be onboard with XB1 if that's where it landed first.

That said - hard to believe that Bethesda would go down this route - though I suppose if any company had a case against used games (and would support DRM) - it'd be them. I can't count how many times I've lent/borrowed the Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 & NV games over the years.

Tucah

you speak so well
Console exclusive? Maybe. I'd be shocked if it didn't come to PC though, which is fine because that's the only place I'm buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom