• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What fan translations are you depending on?

Ace Attorney Investigations 2

They recently had an update and are currently voting for voice actors to portray some of the characters.

OnFire331

Final Fantasy Type-0
Front Mission 5
Valkyria Chronices 3
Xenosaga I&II

Uh...
http://frontmission.info/wiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Downloads

12Riven - a visual novel co-written the writer of 999 and Virtue's Last Reward.

I saw a few months ago that someone is working on a translation. I'm assuming it'll be a while before it's done though.

http://lemniscatranslations.wordpress.com/progress/

27/72 scripts translated for 12Riven written by Uchikoshi.

414/510 scripts translated for I/O written by Nakazawa.

Trails in the sky SC and nayuta no kiseki(maybe)

There's a guy in the Ancient Land of Ys forum that recently hacked the Nayuta no Kiseki and was looking for translators but he currently is having the project on-hold.

On-topic:
Valkyria Chronicles 3
Final Fantasy Type-0
Trails in the Sky Series

luka

Loves Robotech S1
If I needed translations I'd definitely want one for Trails in the sky SC. Doubly so now that I've played it and know how freaking incredible it is. :)

You guys really need to get on xseed's ass about this!

FrsDvl

I don't think there should be any other answer than mother 3.

Edit: sorry I'm drunk and read the topic title wrong

These are certainly the big ones, but I'm still hoping someday someone will actually tackle 7th Dragon.

(And although it's much less necessary in order to play the game, I would love to see someone take on Retro Game Challenge 2 as well.)

Both of those are pretty big in my eyes. Always wanted to check out 7th Dragon along with its sequel. And RGC2, the things I would give to have it in English...

GamerJM

Banned
I've already kind of given up on the Ace Attorney Investigations 2 guys. Ended up importing the game and started playing it in Japanese. My patience couldn't hold out.

ohlawd

Valkryia Chronicles 3
FF Type-0 (I'm not even remotely interested in this but Seven looks like Lightning so I'm here)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter

Pathologic but that project fell apart horribly. Hopefully Ice-Pick Lodge's hints of a remake come true soon.

Otherwise Valkyria Chronicles 3 is the big one. I honestly still think Type 0 will make it over here at some point in an official fashion.

Can't really complain, as I got my Policenauts fan translation a couple years ago... And the Star Fox 2 translation/restored rom is pretty cool too... Especially for a never released game.

Mupod

miyako's route and hollow ataraxia any day now

for actual video games I really want AAI2, but I doubt they can capture the same feel that Capcom's localization of the previous ace attorney games had.

Kasumin

Every Tales series fan translation that's currently going on. If I recall, that's Tales of Destiny's PS2 remake, Tales of Destiny 2, and Tales of Hearts. Loved the heck out of the PS2 remake when I finished it last year, so I'm really hoping that one finishes. That game has such a good battle system, playing it in English would let me fully take advantage of some of it.

TriAceJP

Tales of Rebirth and Type-0 are my number 1's right now but there are several others.

One of which is a jrpg for PSP that has a lot of neon lights and has a The World Ends with You vibe, the name slips my mind at the moment.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Apart from the obvious, I keep hoping for a Suikoden 1 and 2 retranslation for the PSP version. Nobody else anywhere seems to care about that though.

Also hopefully Nayuta no Kiseki gets a partial translation. Apparently the story isn't very good, but who cares? Just needs a menu translation and maybe the important tutorial/gameplay explanation bits.

And I'm disappointed nothing ever happened with Growlanser PSP, especially since the PS1 version already has a translation it could be based on. Hopefully it's given another chance later.

Durante

Not an entirely original reply, but VC3 for me as well.
I'm also still waiting patiently for Fate/Hollow Ataraxia to be completed.

I do want Type-O the most, but I am very Shocked with no/few mentions of Zero no Kiseki stuff; especially since I am under the impression there is a lot of it on PC as well.

I see I was wrong and others have lodged my complaint already :( so yeah, if you write Japanese do the universe a favor and get to work.

Zwei

Front Mission 2, but now that dream is dead. The team working on it had to stop due to encryption issues.. :(

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I do want Type-O the most, but I am very Shocked with no/few mentions of Zero no Kiseki stuff; especially since I am under the impression there is a lot of it on PC as well.

I see I was wrong and others have lodged my complaint already :( so yeah, if you write Japanese do the universe a favor and get to work.

Most people interested in Zero no Kiseki probably know you would need to play the previous games first. I feel sorry for whoever hates themselves enough to try and tackle that whole series.

Porcile

Captain Rainbow. My Birdo vibrator is ready.

Seriously though, I've had a copy of this waiting to be played for ages.

FSLink

Banned
Tales of Destiny remake (PS2), Tales of Hearts (DS)
FF Type-0 (PSP)
Ace Attorney Investigations 2 (DS)

I echo wanting 428 as well...

BluWacky

No-one's ever said they're working on when, but I would dearly love a Venus and Braves translation.

I've played through many a jRPG with my fairly poor Japanese and not suffered too much, but V&B is too complicated IMO for that. But it's sooooo good :(

More realistically, I await whatever Tales title gets translated next. We've got Innocence and Tempest out the way, most of the rest of them are better than that :p

Top Bottom