• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Nico_D

Finishing Assassin's Creed Unity soon. First time playing it, skipped it because of the bad press it got. Now, patched it is in my opinion the best AC game after Ezio Trilogy. The final true Assassin's Creed with actual assassination and hiding.

Bought and took a peek of Desperados 3 today. Seems to be as excellent as it was when the first one launched.

anab0lic36

Well, I finally beat Celeste. In my previous post, I was saying how I was only lukewarm on the game (after about 30-40 mins or so)... but upon completing the hotel level, It was clear to me this game is something special. Many deaths later and finally reaching the summit... How do I feel about it now? GOAT tier, fucking GOAT tier platformer, up there with the very best. Beautiful pixel art, wonderfully handcrafted clever levels, that are challenging, but never feel impossible, great soundtrack and even has dialogue that makes you feel something for these pixelated characters, which is certainly rare for this genre. I'm struggling to find anything bad to really say about this game. Absolutely deserves all the praise its gotten and IMO should have won game of the year.

I was going to move on to Hollow knight next, but kinda burnt out on platformers now, fancy a change of pace, so Radiant Historia 3ds remaster is next in line, heard nothing but good things about it from people who's opinions I value.

zelhawks37

Playing through Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology on Deadly difficulty. The bosses really make you utilize everything the game taught you and I can appreciate the difficulty despite the hours of grinding. I guess I'm just a sucker for a challenge.

I'll be playing the original Shantae afterwards, then finishing up the Xenoblade remake. Can't wait for Curse of the Moon 2!

The Fartist

Gold Member
Lesbian Simulator, I mean The Last of Us 2. It's fucking dope! I dyed my hair purple and everything.

Seriously, though. What a game.

Cock of War

Cities: Skylines on PS4. It's amazing and really engrossing. I haven't really played a game like this since SimCity 3000. All the while Im thinking how fantastic it would be on PS5 👀

NahaNago

Finally found my switch so now I'm playing xenoblade chronicles. So weird that the reason I'm liking the game so much is the ability to grind my levels at the start.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I just recently bought the Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. I never got to finish it on Wii, so this is my chance. I’m also playing Xenogears again on my Vita. I’ve been on a Xeno phase lately, wanting to finish some of my bucket list games.

I went back to Bloodstained to play as Zangetsu. His moves destroy the bosses. I got to the 3rd boss in like 15 minutes. He is a good character and he’s able to go anywhere he wants right off the bat, making the game feel fresh after going through it with Mirium.

ComfyPants

Neo Member
I purchased Hades and Dead Cells in the Steam Summer Sale. Really enjoying both. Tight, challenging gameplay from both and interesting/well written characters in Hades. And the dialogue/lore in Dead Cells has given me some sensible chuckles as well.

Also back on that Civ 6 train. Nice change of pace from Roguelite mayhem.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
The Captain Toad DLC is great fun imo totally worth it for the pirate ship level alone.

also I’m busting out my lab vr. The water level they have is really cool. You start underwater and take a pipe up top where it’s sunny and you walk around on the surface. Then when you jump back in the water again and the music changes, it’s a real cool effect in vr.

With the camera spinning level design this works really well in vr. Switch 2 needs an hd Captain Toad VR game.

Last edited:
I just went through my recent screen caps. All on PS4PRO

Valfaris - I need to improve my skills but love it.
yYZgTwF.jpg

Uncharted Remastered - Classic, playing on Crushing.
A5Xkm0G.jpg

Observer - love it, underated.
OVXYsUF.jpg

Battlefront 2 Campaign - yes, play it.
ObgrgDA.jpg

CTR - Making this more of a rotation game. Bright colorful fun.
IKc8QtW.jpg

Far Cry 3 - Because I have been rewatching Lost.
aFzb4IW.jpg

Rage 2 - Mad Maxion fun.
fi8F7qk.jpg

Bioshock Remastered - I choose the impossible run through.
QiLnd99.jpg

Mafia 3 - Great atmosphere.
JzQDWaV.jpg

AC : Odyssey - I want more time, a huge game.
btjBIgn.jpg

Jurassic World: Evolution - I played this straight for 2 days.
Eb49Mge.jpg

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Finishing Assassin's Creed Unity soon. First time playing it, skipped it because of the bad press it got. Now, patched it is in my opinion the best AC game after Ezio Trilogy. The final true Assassin's Creed with actual assassination and hiding.

The French Revolution has always fascinated me and I wanted to play Unity, but the awful reviews also scared me off and then I got Syndicate the next year, and was underwhelmed by it. Perhaps this is finally the time.

Matsuchezz

I am trying to finish the last of us part 2 on Survivor+, as soon as i am done with that, i will start Horizon Zero Down or Death Stranding. Stupid backlog,

Nico_D

I got Syndicate the next year, and was underwhelmed by it. Perhaps this is finally the time.

"Underwhelmed" was exactly how I felt about Syndicate too.

Paris is so much better anz in my opinion, in Unity parkour is the best it had ever been. Also the main character is vulnerable against more than couple of enemies instead of thr superhero it is in the newer games.

ZZZZ

Playing through Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology on Deadly difficulty. The bosses really make you utilize everything the game taught you and I can appreciate the difficulty despite the hours of grinding. I guess I'm just a sucker for a challenge.

I'll be playing the original Shantae afterwards, then finishing up the Xenoblade remake. Can't wait for Curse of the Moon 2!
I absolutely loved that game, if i wasn't such a fanboy of Fire Emblem, it would be my favorite game in the 3ds.

Currently playing:
Persona4G
Troubleshooter(Korean X-com rip off with a light novel touch)
Trying to go back and finish Disco Elysium.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Jumping baack and forth between Bulletstorm FCE on PC and Spyro 1 on the PS4.

I find it hard to understand how Bulletstorm never took off. That game is so much for and it's campaign is just amazing. Straight 9/10 or even 10/10 shooter. It's a travesty that there was never a sequel to it.

Naru

Rise of the Tomb Raider. I bought Shadow during the current Steam sale but noticed that I didn't play Rise either. It's actually really good in my opinion.
And Trackmania as well as F1 2020 in between.

Last edited:

Tschumi

I've rolled a Orc hunter on a Vanilla WoW private server and I think I've finally been caught by a horde toon, so I'm looking forward to seeing their side of the game's quests. Picked up engineering, which is what I love doing with hunters, I plan to go out of my way to level up my Engi as fast as possible and trick myself out with a bunch of agility. Fun! Unsure of Orcs prefer bows or guns, I'll have to look that up~ Sadly I don't think I can get xBow from AV on this (rather dead) server.

drganon

Still playing ys VIII. I'm on the last chapter but I'm trying to do all sorts of side stuff to get my reputation up so I get the true ending. Overall, I'd definitely play another ys game after this.

Finished Last Of Us 2 and starting New Game + mode

Otherwise i'm still fucking playing Division 2. The devs fuck it up every time with new updates but yet i keep playing this pile of shit.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Skyrimvr with vr essentials mod list installed by wabbajack. It looks decent with the supersampling turned up. I got pretty far into it originally but I was playing it blind back then and didn’t know about quest lines like Dark Brotherhood. After that I guess I’ll do Fallout 4 vr. I noped out of that game like 30 mins in when they introduced base construction because I was lazy that day and heard a lot of negative opinions about it but I’m willing to give it another chance in vr.

I also quit New Vegas early because I was burned out on Fallout 3 + dlc right before I tried it then newer Nvidia drivers were broken in Fallout for an entire year and I forgot about it

edit: also played a few hours of Gears Tactics. I was surprised that it’s actually more hardcore than Xcom 2, requiring actual strategy in some of the battles

Last edited:
in my second playthrough of Last of Us Part II, game is an absolute gem. I guess I am in the minority here for finding it to be a great and worthy sequel to the original.

I'm playing ff viii and sonic the hedgehog 3
I've been playing ff viii for a while now, at first it was exciting, but later (now I'm on disc 3) it became kinda boring! and now I just want to finish it! I don't feel excited while playing!

I just started sonic 3, still in the second zone and I can tell from now that it's better than 2!

Last edited:

_Justinian_

Gold Member
Octopath Traveler {PC}.

I'm running this game in 4K at 60fps and it's absolutely beautiful! The music, the voices, the graphics and special effects. Spectacular! Only about an hour into it so far and had to force myself to stop. That is a good sign.

JimiNutz

Banned
Wipeout Omega Collection

Rather than sink my teeth into a longer game ahead of Ghost of Tsushima I decided to revisit Wipeout on the PS4.

Goddamn this game is incredibly fun. I'm so impressed that I feel like I need to start a thread to praise the game and give it more promotion on this forum.

For anyone that enjoys arcade racing games you owe it to yourself to play this. It's an incredible mix of F-Zero and Mario Kart with a sense of speed that's hard to match. It runs so smoothly on PS4 as well and has FULL FUCKING PSVR SUPPORT.

I'll be absolutely gutted if we don't see another entry on PS5 (even though Sony ruthlessly killed Sony Liverpool). Wipeout is an all time classic Playstation franchise that's been there from the very beginning and has featured on every single Playstation home and portable console. More people need to play this and hopefully save the franchise.

Last edited:

GymWolf

The French Revolution has always fascinated me and I wanted to play Unity, but the awful reviews also scared me off and then I got Syndicate the next year, and was underwhelmed by it. Perhaps this is finally the time.
I bought unity for like 3 dollars and i still feel robbed.

The game is nice to look but the combat is dreadfull and the climbing mechanics are somehow clunky, i lasted like 3-4 hours before bailing out.

But yeah if you liked old ac games (i don't) maybe you are gonna like it.

Jumping baack and forth between Bulletstorm FCE on PC and Spyro 1 on the PS4.

I find it hard to understand how Bulletstorm never took off. That game is so much for and it's campaign is just amazing. Straight 9/10 or even 10/10 shooter. It's a travesty that there was never a sequel to it.

Really dug Bulletstorm. I thought the Bulletstorm inspired game (Bright memory infinite) was a sequel for a second when they showcased it at recent XBox conference. Disappointing that it wasn't. This is one of those games that deserves a second chance with a refined sequel.

nordique

God of War (ps4), resident evil 5 coop online (ps4)
Saints row 4 (switch)

I took a break from ff7r to beat last of us 2

took a break on a few switch titles I was cycling through ...namely Witcher 3, bulletstorm and metro redux.

most ive played my ps4 since 2016! Just ordered horizon zero dawn as well

Last edited:
Assassin's Creed Odyssey

I finished the main story, killed all of the Cult of Kosmos members, and now I'm in the Legacy of the First Blade DLC. I really love this game! Its honestly so much fun to play and the world is absolutely beautiful to explore.

While I liked the idea of Origins more (establishing the Order), I have to say I didn't enjoy it as much as Odyssey. Though people like to complain that its "not an Assassin's creed game," there are WAY more people to assassinate in Odyssey. The Cult alone is 42 people. And playing it on a straight Assassin build makes it incredibly satisfying to clear bases and set up my kills.

That being said, I've had a blast so far across my 50+ hours in Odyssey and I can't wait for Valhalla!

VALCON 82

I'm in the midst of Battle Chasers: NIghtwar and really liking it!! It makes me more interested in finally taking a dive for Darksiders Genesis.

Hopefully i will finish up before GoT hits my mailbox at end of next week!!!

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Rocksmith 2014 Remastered on Steam, using my brand new guitar!

If anyone have been playing it and using Mods to add free songs from the community, I would appreciate some help on how to do so!

Last edited:

drganon

Beat Ys VIII and got the true ending. For my first Ys game, I had a great time with it. I'll look into checking out previous entries in the near future.

Rikoi

Fire Emblem Three Houses.
It's my first Fire Emblem (except the mobile one) and I gotta say, it's kinda confusing at the beginning, it took me hours just to understand how it works so I wouldn't fuck up, but I'm liking it a lot.

SpiceRacz

Finishing up AM2R, but also started Metroid Fusion last night. Haven't touched Fusion in over a decade. Curious how it holds up to Zero Mission since I finished that one recently.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Beat Hyper Light Drifter and I was kinda disappointed in it. I didn’t think it was anything special at all. I didn’t enjoy it enough to play it in a completionist way and collect all the upgrades and stuff. I got a lot of it organically, and then just beat the final boss and ended it.

I just didn’t think the gameplay was very good and it had the worst map system in any game I’ve ever played.

I heard great things about it, I just don’t agree it’s as good as those reviewers say.

SpiceRacz

Beat Hyper Light Drifter and I was kinda disappointed in it. I didn’t think it was anything special at all. I didn’t enjoy it enough to play it in a completionist way and collect all the upgrades and stuff. I got a lot of it organically, and then just beat the final boss and ended it.

I just didn’t think the gameplay was very good and it had the worst map system in any game I’ve ever played.

I heard great things about it, I just don’t agree it’s as good as those reviewers say.

It's got a great style and atmosphere to it, but I don't think I liked any aspect of it beyond that. This game is the reason I can't get myself to purchase CrossCode. I don't want to be letdown by another 2D action-adventure game.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Witcher 3 (PS4 Pro)
Spider-Man (PS4 Pro)
Shadow of the Colossus (PS4 Pro)
Curse of the Moon 2 (Switch)
BOTW - Master Mode & DLC (Switch)
Captain Toad DLC (Switch)

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Finished my second playthrough on The Sinking City. It's such a great game. A hidden gem and the best Lovecraft-adaptation as of yet.

The writing, the lore and the world building is phenomenal and makes up for the clunky gameplay and combat. I love the detective work you do in this game, piecing together the clues and digging deeper into the games twisted story.

It deals with a lot of disturbing themes, such as cannibalism, suicide, incest, murder and xenophobia. Everything takes place in a believable context due to the developers excellent writing, and they never shy away from the atrocities that some of these people commit in this god forsaken city. It's very rare to see so many controversial topics play out in a video game all at once but it all adds up to the brilliant Lovecraftian feel of the game. You can really feel the sinister vibe looming over the city and its inhabitants.

The Sinking city is mostly based on Shadows over Innsmouth but takes inspiration from practically all of Lovecrafts notable stories, such as Dagon, The Rats in the Walls, Herbert West, Call of Cthulhu, At the Mountains of Madness and more. The game is shock full of references to its plots, characters, themes and lore.

The Sinking City is one of favorite games of this gen. It's so immersive and atmospheric, and to unravel the cities mysteries is very exciting. It's like the Silent Hill we never got, except it's based on H.P Lovecraft instead of an original work (although SH borrows a lot from Lovecraft). The voice acting is spot on, especially from the guy who does the protagonist Charles Reed. Very good work indeed.

G-Bus

Banned
Back on Apex Legends.

Started playing GTA online. Enjoy the racing, haven't really ventured passed that. So much to do I don't know where to even start. Heists are cool but pretty well need a pre made group for that. Kind of a piss off.

Little bit of Talos Principle and slowly making my way through last of us 2.

Top Bottom