• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Y0ssarian

Banned
Finished Yakuza Kiwami 2 a few days ago. Tried Yakuza 3 Remastered and I'm just not interested anymore. Bounced around on a few games on Xbox. I just downloaded The Evil Within 1 & 2 from GamePass and I've got Halo MCC multiplayer to have a few short matches a day. I bought Tales of Arise off eBay for series X as well and resident Evil village

reksveks

Sable is the main game, Hades is my second one.

I can roll credits on Sable whenever I want and will do on Thursday to play Astria Ascending for a bit.

Alpha Male

Still taking a break from my 3 favorites - Battlefield, Halo and Forza Horizon - in anticipation of the new entries this Fall

Series X:

Finished Sniper Elite 4 and really enjoyed it at 60 fps. Love the customizable difficulty settings and wish more games did it. Excellent enemy AI that is some of the best I've ever experienced. Will most likely be getting the DLC missions to play eventually.

Now playing:

Wasteland 3 expansion Battle for Steeltown

Flight Sim

MLB The Show

PS5:

Finished Spiderman Miles Morales and absolutely loved it! The combat is even better than the first game and the visuals are outstanding at a buttery smooth 60 fps!

Now playing:

Death Stranding Directors Cut (in glorious widescreen HDR and 60 fps)

Demon's Souls

Last edited:
Next up: Bloodborne. Never killed one boss in this before...I hate not having a shield.
The start is the hardest part. I hated not having a shield at first too. Stick with it and it will click. The game isn’t nearly as impossible as it seems during the beginning when you're coming from a Souls-mindset.

I finished my replay of TLoU 2 and FF VII re I'm not sure where to go next:
Uncharted 4?
God of War 2018?
Axiom Verge 2? (the whole boss skipping thing discouraged me... so I'm not even sure I want to go in any further, I mean, why even bother?)
Horizon Zero Dawn? (I have a game started about 20% in)

I thought that I could try to get good at Dark Souls 2 remaster that I have tried playing only once...

swaffles23

Been on a platinum trophy binge since the beginning of August.

All 3 Metro games. Need to play the Exodus DLC
Fallout 4
Enslaved Odyssey to the West

Now I just started Resident Evil Remake

EDMIX

Finished Yakuza Kiwami 2 a few days ago. Tried Yakuza 3 Remastered and I'm just not interested anymore. Bounced around on a few games on Xbox. I just downloaded The Evil Within 1 & 2 from GamePass and I've got Halo MCC multiplayer to have a few short matches a day. I bought Tales of Arise off eBay for series X as well and resident Evil village

Stick with it, Yakuza 3 has a great story!

Phase

Just beat Bladed Fury. Very fun and got me in the mood for some more 2d combat. So I started Ender Lilies Quietus of the Knights. Surprised by how good it is.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Stick with it, Yakuza 3 has a great story!
Beat it just a few weeks ago and I can confirm, the game is really great. Combat sucks tho, but it's bearable once you learn how to avoid it's shortcomings.

kikii

tmkt5zA.jpg

and ofc

zOciqBK.jpg

Shai-Tan

Banned
Gears 5 Hivebusters DLC. Not worth unless you get it free on Game Pass Ultimate. Adds nothing to the story. The only positive is decent graphics.

other than that Oxygen Not Included. I still have no idea what I'm doing but I've gotten to the point I can keep a colony going for a while

NVmnBXze9ElHzU6SmykrJLIV.png

I actually just finished Bloodborne for the first time and it was an incredible experience. I'm not really a Souls type person and it took me a while to get over the fear of trying these games. I jumped in, got my ass beat a little but eventually I figured out how to play and the rush of beating bosses was unlike anything I've ever felt from gaming.

I basically didn't play another game for like a solid week. Just Bloodborne every day.​

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
NVmnBXze9ElHzU6SmykrJLIV.png

I actually just finished Bloodborne for the first time and it was an incredible experience. I'm not really a Souls type person and it took me a while to get over the fear of trying these games. I jumped in, got my ass beat a little but eventually I figured out how to play and the rush of beating bosses was unlike anything I've ever felt from gaming.

I basically didn't play another game for like a solid week. Just Bloodborne every day.​
arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

As for myself

Castlevania GBA collection
Chernobylite
GTSport

And soon Halo Infinite beta 🥳

kunonabi

Finished 13 Sentinels and it was alright. Kind of lost interest as it went. Probably didn't help that you do the most boring characters last.

Just one more game in my PS4 backlog which is the Witch and the Hundred Knight 2. So far its much less interesting than the first.

Apex Legends and Realm Royale.

i really enjoy them both. I personally prefer Realm Royale over Fortnite, mostly because it is a very similar game with the building aspect scrapped. Pretty fast paced and some neat little features not seen in other BR games. Plus you can mount horses to traverse the map faster which is handy.

Well, Spooktober is about to get started. So, I got Alien: isolation and Hydrophobia lined up next in my queue.

Last edited:
I'm waiting on the Series S to come in. I'll have Game Pass. Not sure what I plan to play, but I want it to be something that will look good on my 4K TV. I'll probably want to play FC6 when it drops, but I also feel it might be best to wait a bit. Maybe I'll borrow my wife's Switch and log into my account? Is that possible? I don't have a Switch at this moment and my monitor is broke.

Few hours in Persona 5 Royal.
My first touch with this legendary series, despite I have on the shelf Persona 4 Golden from 4 or 5 years.
Great, time to go back. Joker awaits.
oh boy. persona 5 royal took me ~110 hours and that was with me having experience of the game and knowing what to expect (and not skipping the new content which is ~15-20 hours worth). you've got a long way to go if this is your first time in a Persona game. also, my avatar will eventually make sense :) (not so much an issue in Royal as the original P5 game)

i need to replay it but first i'm gonna finish playng 3 FES and go back to 4 Golden.

Last edited:
Slay the Spire I've been playing for a couple of years now. The achievement for beating it with no relics is killing me.
It's quite a tricky game honestly. There has been many boss fights where I'm super close to dying but I manage to pull some clutch cards to finish the fight.

Have you tried Gwent Witcher? I heard good things and I'm just wondering if they are similar at all as I might enjoy more card games after playing this.

nush

Just completed Tales of Arise(PC) last night.
Currently working on Judgment(Series X) Just playing through on Easy to get to Lost Judgement(Series X)
Also playing Super Monkey Ball(PC).

bender

What time is it?
-Played Death Stranding earlier in the week. I got bored with the PS4 version and I'm quickly approaching that point with the PS5 version. It's weird as it is hard to pinpoint my dislikes, maybe it is the tedium of it all.
-Played some Monkey Ball last night. It's fine.
-Played a bunch of Circle of the Moon today. I know it has a bad wrap but I'm loving my time with it.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Think I’m about 70% through Deathloop.

Far Cry 6 next week will hopefully pick that up. I know the reviews will be split but sometimes you just need a bit of stupidity in a game. Am not buying it for the plot.

Last edited:

Duchess

Control.

Surreal is the word that springs to mind. Honestly, if David Lynch had had a hand in this, I wouldn't have been surprised.

lachesis

Been doing some grinding for Persona 3 FES for past few days. I'm on 2nd section of Tartaros, and been getting my butt kicked due to my level.

I was around level 11, and have been trying to reach the top floor for Elizabeth's request.
Was able to defeat the 1st middle boss on 25th floor or so with slight struggle, but the 36th boss was pretty tough at level 12.
After 5-6 retries - I was able to beat it - but since it's a full moon tomorrow, decided to stick around and just level up the heck up.

Now I'm around level 18, thanks to that the team mates don't run away even when they are tired on the day before full moon ;) Feel like I'm a slave driver, as I talk to them - they are all like "I'm tired man..." "leave me out..." "don't expect much..." Now I have a bit of better personas with some Ma- skills, and less apparent weaknesses & better equipments - so hopefully I'll be set for a little while longer.

I'm keep forgeting that this is actually a PS2 game, even though I'm playing on a PS3 - and since I'm playing on a CRT, it has been a good reminder - and some of the criticism that I have isn't really too fair, as I'm comparing the modern iterations of the series like P5R. Of course, the QoL would be much more streamlined on newer games.

Had I played this game many years back on PS2 - I think I would have loved the game quite abit. It also makes me appreciate the P4G's presentation too - which actually stepped up quite a bit from same-gen P3, a PS2 game. (Heard P3 FES basically saved Atlus from going belly up financially back then - so I assume P4 had more generous budget and production value put in - which is somewhat apparent when I think of it now.)

Other than that, just checked out Scarlet Nexus & that AI Somnium Files on XSX gamepass briefly. Looking forward to play them later on, but only after I'm done with P3 FES... probably will take me a couple hundred hours... ;)

Last edited:
Picked up Miles Morales Ultimate Edition for like £20. The story is pretty meh, but the game play is satisfying enough to keep me engaged sufficiently to go for the Platinum. I'm unable to update the game at the minute and have come across a bug where the last FNSM mission isn't triggering. It's stopping about 3/4 trophies from triggering. Already started the NG+ so hoping that it pops second time around, if not then hopefully when I am able to update all it'll be is a quick few minutes to trigger the remaining trophies for the Plat.

drganon

Beat the main story of lost Judgment. Also finished my third and final playthrough of ys orgin.

Now I've got the side stuff of lost Judgment to go through and finishing up disgea 5, which I'm about halfway through.

Finally, there's borderlands 1, which is currently on the back burner until I beat disgea 5.

It would have been Ratchet and Clank which I picked up yesterday, but it turns out I need enough storage space to install it twice before it will even start...

mnib9QD.png

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Got a sunday mood so I'm 5 laps into a 25 lap endurance race around Mount Panorama at 2 minute 7 secs per lap in a Group 3 Peugeot RCZ

fG0cNn2.jpg

While listening to a podcast 😊

Top Bottom