• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
The Ascent: Early stages, but pretty fun gameplay so far. Guns sound nice and punchy.
my-man.gif

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Kinda tired of Dwarf Fortress already lol. Game is awesome, but the interface fucking sucks, so I'm dropping it for now although I'm sure I'll give it another go somewhere in the future.
Ended up clocking around 37 hours on a few days tho... so maybe dropping it it's for the best. Colony sims are so addicting to me. :goog_relieved:

So I'm back to Lost Judgment. Game's reminding me of Yakuza 5 with all the different minigames and sidecontent it has. That, plus how enjoyable the combat is, is making for one hell of a game for sure. I still think the story in the first one was better but so far this one has been great too so far.
And that OST! man... I already posted a few tracks here and there, but one thing this game's OST achieves is that everytime a new combat theme is played, it manages to rock my boat so much! Like listen to this shit:

Dance Halloween GIF by aurel

I really, really hope RGG keeps making those games. Yagami fighting style is so enjoyable to me (specially now that I have Yakuza 4's Tanimura's parries!) and the more grounded and realistic stories are also great.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Lord help me, I may be growing addicted to Marvel Snap. I am not big on card games, but this one is really well done and it's cool seeing all the Marvel characters with mostly thoughtful card abilities. I've also won my first twenty matches, no lie, which is new for me in card games. I usually get my ass kicked in them. I must be beating a bunch of little kids lol, I'll take it.

Played Tekken Tag Tournament 2 with a couple of Friends on the RPSC3-emulator and man, this shit in 4k60 is glorious good Tekken. Really need to dive in, to get my save states and DLCs from my Console. Playing it through PC is so much more convenient.

At the same night we also played a buttload of local multiplayer games and man, I hadn't that much fun with my pants on in a while.
Tekken 7
Mortal Kombat 11
Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite
Boomerang Fu
Duck Game
Smash Bros. Melee
Override
Gang Beasts
Giga Bash
Lethal League Blaze
Soul Calibur VI
and as the grand finale of a long long night Genital Jousting XD

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Seems like the focus of the game might have been the humor and character design. How's the actual gameplay? Fun at least?
Just keep in mind that apparently frame rate issues and performance are bothering some people. Keep in mind I really don't play FPS games outside Halo Infinite / Prodeus lately, all that much. Keep in mind the ratings are all over the place.

But uh ... the gameplay seems quite good to me. Honestly reminds me of a lower budget Halo infinite slightly. You just have a basic pistol so far and a melee weapon. But you have a grappling hook and there's a decent amount of platforming. I'm totally into it. 1st boss was surprisingly in depth. Had to dodge and parry a power shot, grapple on the ceilings, etc. I'm honestly loving the game.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Just keep in mind that apparently frame rate issues and performance are bothering some people. Keep in mind I really don't play FPS games outside Halo Infinite / Prodeus lately, all that much. Keep in mind the ratings are all over the place.

But uh ... the gameplay seems quite good to me. Honestly reminds me of a lower budget Halo infinite slightly. You just have a basic pistol so far and a melee weapon. But you have a grappling hook and there's a decent amount of platforming. I'm totally into it. 1st boss was surprisingly in depth. Had to dodge and parry a power shot, grapple on the ceilings, etc. I'm honestly loving the game.
Well bro, imo grappling hooks are an instant +1 to any game, so that sounds fun for sure. I think I'll wait a bit until the iron out all the issues before I dive into it, but I'll play it for sure. Thanks for the impressions!

Needlecrash

So my import copy of River City Girls 1 + 2 came in yesterday for the PS5. RCG1 runs pretty well, like the Switch and Steam versions. RCG 2 though....slight input lag on attack, no vibration when you land attacks and the game runs at 30FPS. There's some....weirdness in the game in which you destroy an object or finish out an enemy and they fade away in 60fps in a split second. I'm hoping for a patch or something because this is kinda bonkers.

Been playing some more Elden Ring too. Just beat Morgott and Godwyn. Now, I'm cleaning up some side quests that I missed. Finally tried the Coliseum and....WHEW. When you respawn, the other player can camp near by for some ganking and that was an experience. Feels like I need better equipment to stand tho.

Waiting on my Cannon Dancer (Osman) copy to come at the end of the year, along with Jitzu Squad/Mighty Goose for Switch next week and Crisis Core on Switch/PC today. Then, I'm good for a long while.

Side note, I sold 90% of my arcade parts stock for new ones. Ordered Qanba Gravity KS buttons and 2 sets of Crown 202 MX buttons (had the older ones but they were using different microswitches) and two Seimitsu Nobi sticks in preparation for Samurai Shodown 7 (Rollback is coming next month) and eventually Street Fighter 6.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Just finished Half Life Episode 1 and gearing up to Play Episode 2. I know it's a crime that I haven't played them but they were on sale for something stupid like a few dollars during the recent flash sale so I picked them up along with Portal.

I'm planning to play Half Life Alyx after that but I'll have to wait til it goes on sale again. Besides, I'd rather not play it (on my Quest 2) until I've beefed up my GPU so that I can enjoy the world in all its glory at high, stable framerates.

Other than that I've been playing Yakuza Kiwami on and off since it runs pretty damn well on my relatively shit PC (still rocking that GTX 1650). I did load up Kiwami 2 (which runs on the newer engine) to see how it would run and the performance wasn't as good but I still can get 60fps easily at 1080p as long as I don't go crazy with the settings.

Basically trying to make an effort to work through my Steam library (about 40-45 titles excluding never-ending multiplayer games) before buying any more. The little dopamine rush from impulse buying a game on sale is so hard to resist though......

Last edited:
Lord help me, I may be growing addicted to Marvel Snap. I am not big on card games, but this one is really well done and it's cool seeing all the Marvel characters with mostly thoughtful card abilities. I've also won my first twenty matches, no lie, which is new for me in card games. I usually get my ass kicked in them. I must be beating a bunch of little kids lol, I'll take it.
psssst....you're still playing against bots

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I'm planning to play Half Life Alyx after that but I'll have to wait til it goes on sale again. Besides, I'd rather not play it (on my Quest 2) until I've beefed up my GPU so that I can enjoy the world in all its glory at high, stable framerates.
Yes, play it on something besides a Quest. I'm indifferent to the plot of HL but Alyx was easily the best VR experience I've had.

Punished Miku

I thought the performance of the Quest was pretty bad? I could be wrong.
The airlink stuff (which I've never tried) is really just up to your PC and your wi-fi signal. Some people report it's nearly flawless. Alyx can't run natively on Quest.

I'm sure there's higher end VR headsets out there, but I'm just saying - it's still playable.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
The airlink stuff (which I've never tried) is really just up to your PC and your wi-fi signal. Some people report it's nearly flawless. Alyx can't run natively on Quest.

I'm sure there's higher end VR headsets out there, but I'm just saying - it's still playable.
I got my Quest 2 before they jacked up the prices. Also yeah I was under the impression the quality/bitrate is great if you're willing to buy another (cheap) router to act as a direct go-between. If I had the cash to splurge on a fancy VR headset I probably wouldn't still be rocking a GTX 1650 :D

Last edited:

Ogbert

Just finished TLoU part 2 (about five minutes ago).

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Bit too long, but lots of excellent moments.

Also, Abby is a far better character than Ellie. Putting aside the fact she has silly Arnie arms; her character is more developed and at least demonstrates some sort of moral nuance (limited).

Ellie is just a psycho dickhead Karen.

Oberstein

A bit late, but I'm starting Hades.
Not being a fan of rogue-like games, it's a little miracle what Supergiant Games managed to do.
They found the right balance between the repetitive aspect of the genre and the desire to progress while managing the player's frustration.
Well, I still feel that I'll get bored sooner or later, but for now, I'm enjoying it.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Finally got a chance to sit down with the Forspoken demo. This game was awesome. Loved the fast paced travel mechanics and variety in combat and magic spells. The kickback in the Dualsense when Frey took off never got old, very satisfying, as well as the haptics when casting magic. Probably the best use of DS since Control. The world looked mostly very beautiful, but some parts could be uneven graphically, but it never got distracting due to how fast it moved when running.

Downside was the UI. It took a bit to get used too and felt needlessly flashy. Was also expecting some major annoyance with Frey talking with the cuff and swearing but the criticism around that felt way overblown. It wasn't half as annoying as people want to point out. At least in this demo.

Seriously don't get the hate boner for this game. New fresh IP with awesome parkouring and magic abilities, interesting world design, flashy combat with beautiful particle effects. It ran smooth, no frame drops (VRR so enabled 120 Hz mode. Looked and ran great). Hopefully the story delivers although I ain't holding out my breath for it. But the gameplay is damn good so I can live with a crappy story.

Forspoken felt pretty next gen as far as mechanics and world building go, as in this game couldn't be done with last gen hardware. Day 1.

Last edited:

sedg87

Banned
Finally got a chance to sit down with the Forspoken demo. This game was awesome. Loved the fast paced travel mechanics and variety in combat and magic spells. The kickback in the Dualsense when Frey took off never got old, very satisfying, as well as the haptics when casting magic. Probably the best use of DS since Control. The world looked mostly very beautiful, but some parts could be uneven graphically, but it never got distracting due to how fast it moved when running.

Downside was the UI. It took a bit to get used too and felt needlessly flashy. Was also expecting some major annoyance with Frey talking with the cuff and swearing but the criticism around that felt way overblown. It wasn't half as annoying as people want to point out. At least in this demo.

Seriously don't get the hate boner for this game. New fresh IP with awesome parkouring and magic abilities, interesting world design, flashy combat with beautiful particle effects. It ran smooth, no frame drops (VRR so enabled 120 Hz mode. Looked and ran great). Hopefully the story delivers although I ain't holding out my breath for it. But the gameplay is damn good so I can live with a crappy story.

Forspoken felt pretty next gen as far as mechanics and world building go, as in this game couldn't be done with last gen hardware. Day 1.

I didn't have too much interest in the demo for Forspoken, but after downloading and finishing it, I was pleasantly surprised. I agree with everything you said; The UI was messy, but I didn't spend too much in there. I found it a little overwhelming initially with all the powers at your disposal and many things available. A lot more depth to the game than I thought there would be. Definitely one I'll be picking up on or very close to release.

I've been playing some really random games lately. Short and sweet. Don't want to start anything lengthy because I'm waiting for my copy of Crisis Core - Should have been delivered today :(. Anyway, the games are:

Predator 2 - Incredibly low-effort attempt. The gameplay is frustrating and the sound is awful.
Mercs - Had a blast with this. Original mode is great with all the other mercs to recruit.
Resident Evil: Director's Cut. I hope this isn't Chris' blood!
Onimusha. Love every part of Onimusha...except that water puzzle! Always mess that up and I hate that it's timed. Wish Capcom would remaster 2 and 3.

Last edited:

Aenima

Playing Mass Effect Legendary Edition now. Only had played the 1st 2 game, and very far apart that i forgot most stuff. Actually playing ME1 now im surprized how little i remember from the game, aside from the vehicles and some characters, it feels im playing the quests for the 1st time.

Dorago

I just replayed Terraria for the first time since I bouight it in 2014. You can sort chests now and stacks go up to 9,999 so it's a 100% improvement. I'm a few hours into Control so I might finish that next or I'll get into Elex 2. I also want to play Castlevania The Adventure Rebirth and maybe play Protriate of Ruin again. Finally I haven't beaten Super Metroid in a few years so it's almost time again.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Silent Hill.

First time playing it since probably 20 years ago. The visuals was a kick in the face at first, I was shocked at how bad it looked. Resident Evil has aged way better and it came out 3 years before SH. After an hour or so my eyes got used to it but then came the combat, which was a kick in the nuts. You could think Stevie Wonder was firing that damn pistol in how hard it was to actually fucking hit something. Anyway, I made it to the school and then came the puzzles, which was a bodyslam right down on concrete floor. How the fuck did you solve obtuse shit like the piano puzzle in 1999? It's like the ancient Greek translated in braille. Fuck this shit.

gave up on Final Fantasy VII. i'm about half way through it i think. the game is good but i'm just so slow and a few times i've died and had to go back and replay some areas which is pissing me off. i know it's my own fault but still. anyway, i'll go back to at some point and finish it off.

started Witcher 3 on PC now the patch is out.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Nearing the end on Forbidden West. Been a great ride, although it's been pretty fragmented due to taking breaks from the game. I like it a lot, but the open world burnout is real after putting so much time into Elden Ring and AC Valhalla. So that's 3 humongous open world games back to back. Can't wait to delve into more linear smaller games after this.

WoJ

I finished Dead Space 3 last night. I went into it with muted expectations because it gets so much hate. But I liked it quite a bit. It's not without flaws though. I think locking parts of the game behind coop sucks. They should have allowed solo players to have a bot/AI character to experience the coop stuff. I also hated thr crafting system and much prefer the system from DS1 and DS2. But otherwise it was quite enjoyable.

stn

Last Completed: GoW - Ragnarok (PS4). It was incredible. My GOTY until I beat Elden Ring, and potentially change my mind.

Next: NFS Unbound (XSX), Callisto Protocol (XSX), and Bayonetta 3 (Switch). Have made progress on all of them so its a race to see which one I beat first.

Top Bottom