• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

Eiknarf

Banned
Currently working on Spider-Man for ps4. Absolutely in love with the combat and traversal. I would even go as far as to say I enjoy it much more than the Arkham franchise. Whoever designed those drone challenges is an ass though.
Just bought Marvel’s Spider-Man moments ago

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
PC: Division 2
PS4: Spiderman (just came in the post)

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
PC: Division 2
PS4: Spiderman (just came in the post)

Mate, I know the game is good - but we really don't need to know when you came. :p

OT:

3DS: Etrian Odyssey Nexus (5th Lab)
PS4: Borderlands 2 Handsome Collection DLC
Wii: Klonoa and Super Mario Galaxy

Ownage

MGS5: The Definitive Edition on PS4. It's good but ott with the mutant human antagonists. It should simply focus on recon and nuke threats similar to GR: Wildlands

I finished modding S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl a couple of days ago, and i've been playing that. I've only modded the graphics (weapon animations, textures, effects) and i think it's extraordinary how good the graphics look with a couple of more recent mods and a good ENB injection, so suffice to say i'm pleased with the result. I'll post some good screenshots later in the appropriate (PC Screenshots) thread and detail the mods i used.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Getting towards the end of my first playthrough of Bloodborne. The Old Hunters DLC is done and right now in layer 3 of the Defiled Chalice Dungeon. Fuck this Chalice Dungeon...that is all.

Diddy X

Minecraft with my nephew, right now, I also got into Tibia again just to contact old friends from 2006~ but I could stay, the game seems pretty nice nowadays.

Getting back into Halo Wars 2 with a friend and man we suck but it’s good fun. Still also grinding some siege had some good games yesterday

RAIDEN1

Getting back into Halo Wars 2 with a friend and man we suck but it’s good fun. Still also grinding some siege had some good games yesterday
I've also started Halo Wars 2 in the absence of any new Halo entries anytime soon...got me wondering how did this take on the Halo series measure up to StarCraft....

I've also started Halo Wars 2 in the absence of any new Halo entries anytime soon...got me wondering how did this take on the Halo series measure up to StarCraft....
It’s fun but don’t expect a star craft level of experience on console and you should enjoy it

Grinchy

Banned
I'm still making my way through Sekiro. Haven't really played it in a few days but I'm getting sort of close to finishing.

I've beaten a decent amount of games in 2019 so far. Both South Park games, Crackdown 3, RE2 (and got the plat even), and I may be able to force myself through the rest of FFXV.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
I
Getting towards the end of my first playthrough of Bloodborne. The Old Hunters DLC is done and right now in layer 3 of the Defiled Chalice Dungeon. Fuck this Chalice Dungeon...that is all.

I had that game in my hand yesterday at GameStop (along with Spider-Man), and the employee said “oh jeez ! That Bloodborne is damn hard! You will die nonstop”

So I got Spider-Man

KINDERFELD

Banned
I think I might have ADD cause I keep buying new games, starting them and never finishing them.

Got a decent way through Xenoblade Chronicles 2, then put that down to play Metro Exodus. Played a few stages in that game then put it down to play Sekiro.
Got up to the 4th main boss and put that down to play Borderlands GOTY.

So currently playing Borderlands GOTY.

I

I had that game in my hand yesterday at GameStop (along with Spider-Man), and the employee said “oh jeez ! That Bloodborne is damn hard! You will die nonstop”

So I got Spider-Man

Spider-Man is good from what little I've played of it but Bloodborne is a vastly superior game. Its way more demanding though.

Eiknarf

Banned
Spider-Man is good from what little I've played of it but Bloodborne is a vastly superior game. Its way more demanding though.

Oh yeah?
Hmmmm.
I see the reviews at Metacritic and they are great! Getting a 92 average while Spider-Man got an 87.

Lemme ask two things:
What do you mean by it being more demanding?
And
I know it’s an older title from the PS4 launch days. Maybe 2015. That said, how does it hold up?

Oh yeah?
Hmmmm.
I see the reviews at Metacritic and they are great! Getting a 92 average while Spider-Man got an 87.

Lemme ask two things:
What do you mean by it being more demanding?
And
I know it’s an older title from the PS4 launch days. Maybe 2015. That said, how does it hold up?

More demanding as in, you need to learn how the combat works properly and you need to be on your A-game when it comes to bosses. They're difficult but entirely surmountable once the combat clicks.

Graphically, I personally think it still looks amazing. It's not 60 fps and in certain situations/locations, you'll see frame dips but as a whole package it's in my top 10 of all time.

TheUsual

Gold Member
I

So I got Spider-Man
Bloodborne overall isn't too bad. This optional area is just a bitch as it takes 50% of your health away while you're in the dungeon and the enemies hit pretty much as hard as they normally do. The bosses can easily one shot you because of the health reduction. Really have to learn your timings right to dodge and a good amount of luck. One boss in this dungeon (I believe) has the most HP in the game as well.

Eiknarf

Banned
More demanding as in, you need to learn how the combat works properly and you need to be on your A-game when it comes to bosses. They're difficult but entirely surmountable once the combat clicks.

Graphically, I personally think it still looks amazing. It's not 60 fps and in certain situations/locations, you'll see frame dips but as a whole package it's in my top 10 of all time.

Thanks. Good to know.

Eiknarf

Banned
Bloodborne overall isn't too bad. This optional area is just a bitch as it takes 50% of your health away while you're in the dungeon and the enemies hit pretty much as hard as they normally do. The bosses can easily one shot you because of the health reduction. Really have to learn your timings right to dodge and a good amount of luck. One boss in this dungeon (I believe) has the most HP in the game as well.

Is there a difficulty setting? Like -
easy, normal, difficult?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Faithfully playing Daioujou. I got a second-best score on Sunday and an all-time best score on Monday, so I'm feeling pretty proud of myself. Those are the best scores I've gotten in a month. Gonna be practicing chaining Stage 4 and Stage 5, then I will be shooting for that 1-ALL and posting up a respectable score, I hope. If I keep practicing, I'll probably achieve that by the end of 2019.

6WcKzB4l.jpg

(playing on a 27" Toshiba monitor w Sanwa OBSF 30s + Seimitsu LS 40)

Neolombax

ALternating between The Division 2 and Destiny 2, and sometimes Anthem. I've downloaded The Surge, I've been eager to try it for a while now. So fortunate it was this month's free PS Plus game.

Lanrutcon

Started Pillars of Eternity 2. Yikes on the CPU optimization. Also the general mechanics are kinda blech. After I'm done I'll go try Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

Rodolink

Update:
Still playing FFXV I loved riding Chocobos its a very satisfactory feeling, really feels like riding a living creature..
Been dissapointed by certain graphics (although I understand Im running it on a stock PS4) but some places just look bad with shaggy textures and popping foliage.
Character animations feel kindda weird like they are always dancing around and waggling and moving weird. They dont look like persons but more like dogs. (maybe it was intended I dont know)
FFXV the driving simulator XD I like it though.
Been liking it overall, way better than that terrible FFXIII thing ...

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Currently playing GTA: Chinatown Wars.

Man, coming from GTA3 it's insane just how much Rockstar improved their formula over the years. Chinatown Wars is just amazing. The touchpad use is insane, the dialogue and characters hilarious and the missions extremely fun. Such a bliss to play.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Is there a difficulty setting? Like -
easy, normal, difficult?
Nope! One difficulty. If your familiar with the Souls games, it's like that but more offense focused. If you get hit you have some time to hit the enemy back to gain some of the lost health back.

kunonabi

Just 100%ed the RE2 remake so I'm working on Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise and The Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 now.

Eiknarf

Banned
When im done with SpiderMan I’ll have to inevitably try dealing with annoying Mr X and plop Down coin for Resident Evil 2

Mr Hyde

Just took down the Owl in Sekiro. Frustrating as fuck, my fingers are cramping and my hands are hurting from all the parrying, but goddamn if it wasn´t satisfying when that old geezer got a taste of my shining blade right through his throat. Holy shit, one of the most tense battles in the game so far. From just makes outstanding boss fights. Best in biz without a doubt.

Last edited:

Braldryr

Banned
Just took down the Owl in Sekiro. Frustrating as fuck, my fingers are cramping and my hands are hurting from all the parrying, but goddamn if it wasn´t satisfying when that old geezer got a taste of my shining blade right through his throat. Holy shit, one of the most tense battles in the game so far. From just makes outstanding boss fights. Best in biz without a doubt.

Sekiro is a joke of a game compared to previous titles like Bloodborne and Dark Souls. Mobs/bosses are super predictable, most fights I've done with no hits after 2-3 hours of practice and becomes like second nature. Never understood how people think these games are hard, it just takes a bit of patience and time to learn the fights.. Then again, I guess after platinuming Demon Souls, Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3 and Bloodborne these types of games for me pose little to no challenge.

Shifty

I'm playing Brigador at the moment. Really solid isometric mechwarrior-like with tanks and antigrav vehicles, focused on guerilla tactics with some light stealth. Polished off the campaign with all the vehicles today, so it's onto the roguelikey freelance mode to blow up more stuff and earn some cash for unlocks.

Thinking I might put together an RTTP thread on it at some point. The game is really good and deserves more love.

appaws

Banned
Dragon's Crown Pro. About 10 hours in, its pretty cool so far. Amazing art design. It's like a modern Golden Axe.

petran79

Banned
Time to start Sweet Sachiko's Hysteric Birthday

Fortunately the word hysteric was left intact, despite being offensive to women

Sekiro, currently up to
Great Shinobi Owl

Been enjoying it, I think it's the only FromSoft game I really like aside from maybe Bloodborne. It is easier that the other Soulsbornes due to how predictable the patterns are but I think the point is to test your timing and reactions whereas Dark Souls or Bloodborne test's your patience and knowing when to attack and when to back off.

At this point only DoA6 lobby matches with friend. I'm done for now with Sekiro (got platinum, waiting for DLC). I'm thinking about rebooting good old PS2 and playing through Tenchu 3/Persona 4.

Mr Hyde

Sekiro is a joke of a game compared to previous titles like Bloodborne and Dark Souls. Mobs/bosses are super predictable, most fights I've done with no hits after 2-3 hours of practice and becomes like second nature. Never understood how people think these games are hard, it just takes a bit of patience and time to learn the fights.. Then again, I guess after platinuming Demon Souls, Dark Souls 1, 2 and 3 and Bloodborne these types of games for me pose little to no challenge.

Yeah, I agree that Sekiro is the easiest game so far coming from Miyazakis portfolio but it´s still challenging and fun. No joke at all compared to Souls and Bloodborne. Different and more accessible, but no joke. And of course Sekiro is gonna feel much easier when you have put down a couple of thousand hours in Souls and Bloodborne, pretty self explanatory if you ask me. I´d say Miyazaki is pretty consistent with the difficulty in his games, it´s just us that gets better and better at his games. Kudos to him though for switching up the gameplay and trying to undo our learning with new mechanics.

Mr Hyde

It´s incredible how deep Sekiro really is. It is loaded with content, it just never stops. I´m on the end of NG+ and since I got the ending that ended the game prematurely I now got access to a whole new area with two epic bosses. And it keeps on giving. Fucking love this game. The combat system alone is worth the ticket but everything else has been top notch. And it is just brimming with secrets. But I think I´m gonna take a small break after the second run and finish Xenoblade Chronicles first, don´t wanna get burned out when it´s about to crack open the other endings.

Vawn

Banned
Screenshot.jpg

I still love FFVII, but I hate the analog stick boosts. They're always right there and way too difficult to NOT use.

If I'm about to lose a fight, I can just take the L and lose any progress I've made OR I can click one button and just become invincible and get the easy win. Once I do that, leveling up seems pointless, so just turn off random battles. Now, that animation of climbing the ladder is messing up my pace, so, bam 3x speed all the time. Before I know it, the game is just a series of sprints to cut scenes I've seen dozens of times and the experience feels a bit pointless.

But, still, the story, characters, world and music still make it worthwhile. I would have preferred the boost options had to be turned on from the main game screen at least. It's way too difficult for me not to abuse them otherwise.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Screenshot.jpg

I still love FFVII, but I hate the analog stick boosts. They're always right there and way too difficult to NOT use.

If I'm about to lose a fight, I can just take the L and lose any progress I've made OR I can click one button and just become invincible and get the easy win. Once I do that, leveling up seems pointless, so just turn off random battles. Now, that animation of climbing the ladder is messing up my pace, so, bam 3x speed all the time. Before I know it, the game is just a series of sprints to cut scenes I've seen dozens of times and the experience feels a bit pointless.

But, still, the story, characters, world and music still make it worthwhile. I would have preferred the boost options had to be turned on from the main game screen at least. It's way too difficult for me not to abuse them otherwise.
Noted. I just bought this today.

Top Bottom