• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'm playing DUSK. I'm in the first missions of the second chapter and so far it's a pretty good boomer shooter. The music is awesome and the gameplay feels really good.

Also trying Caves of Qud. I'm kinda lost but I'm enjoying it so far. Don't know if it will grab my attention for more time tho.

Adam Wart

Neo Member
I've started playing Darksiders Genesis and I like the twin stick shooter mechanics, especially since I'm playing as Strife and relying a lot on ranged combat. The game looks nice and I enjoy exploring the maps, but the platforming sections can be infuriating. I've already died many times, because the game didn't respond to my inputs like I wanted to. The isometric view doesn't help at all with this, probably wouldn't be an issue if the game had traditional third person perspective.
Have you ever played Overwatch? If you are into shooters then I guess you are going to love this one :) I read the last 3 pages of the thread and was surprised to find out that almost no one played it. The game can boast to have a really polished universe and is famous for the developers' attention to details.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Have you ever played Overwatch? If you are into shooters then I guess you are going to love this one :) I read the last 3 pages of the thread and was surprised to find out that almost no one played it. The game can boast to have a really polished universe and is famous for the developers' attention to details.
Nah Overwatch is not something I'd want to play, the game has to have a story mode for me to enjoy it. Even if it's a dumb one. ;)

dan76

Looking for something spooky to play over Halloween. Played all the RE's too many times, Dead Space 1 & 2 a couple of times each, so I'm giving Dead Space 3 another go. Classic mode whatever that is. Supposed to only have the old Dead Space weapons in it or something.

I only played it through once when it came out and I don't remember anything about it except snow. So far it seems pretty damn good. Not as good as the first two, and the story might be pants (I don't care about that, all videogame stories are pants) but the combat is great. Everything has real impact and the sound design and environments really sell it. Shame they took his helmet off. The silent protagonist was great in 1.

Last edited:

kikii

platted GoatSimulator finally last weekend after ages (flappy one was fu also uninstalledt it riteaway ) :p atm FFVIIR but mostly Dirt4 cuz one trophy missing =)

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
After finishing the single player of Star Wars Squadron its Destiny 2 and fall guys in a holding pattern until November’s all you can eat buffet hits. So much coming gonna be hard to choose.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
Still making my way through Donkey Kong Country.

Just started my second playthrough of Luigi's Mansion 3. Haven't played it since it originally came out last year and gonna go for a 100% playthrough.

Still playing Mario Kart online almost daily. Messing around with Mario Kart Live as well.

Giving myself a dose of Nintendo before my mind and body are consumed by Demon's Souls in November.

Fbh

Still going through Yakuza 5.
Definitely one of the more unique ones. A lot of my time has been spent on objectively bad taxi, racing and hunting minigames....and yet I'm having a blast.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
RDR 2. Glad i didn't listen to all that whining about slow animations etc(it's not that slow btw).

Oh, and i'm trying to finish Kingdom Come: Deliverance with cheats on(makes you fly or run fast). I chose hardest difficulty and now i go everywhere with my horse because of it. It was fun at first, for 60 hours or so. But quests makes you go back and forth multiple times so without fast travel it turned in to a punishment. I'm half way through in 80 hours(60 hours of it horse riding). I hope i can finish it, i'm curious about it's ending.

Last edited:

DustQueen

Banned
Bought No No Kuni for 10$ on EShop.
Usually those kind of collaborations aimed at recreating the feel of something suck... Even the most faithful ones like South Park RPGs that were written by the the same guys... But it is always off...
This however really does deliver a proper Miyazaki feel.
Pacing is not perfect but all the right elements like proper mythological base in how this story is structured, great characters, music and art style are all there with enough quality n charm to actually work as promised n intended.

This game is really winning me over.

Ge Os

I'm 2 days into Bloodborne, my first attempt on the Souls-like games, and even tho I'm dying every 5 to 10 minutes, I'm loving it.

Somehow I managed to kill The Cleric Beats on the first try, but Gascoigne killed me a few times before I took him down.
The Hunt continues.

So, 10 days into Bloodborne.
Last thursday I killed 5 bosses (Amelia, Witch of Hemwick, Darkbeast Paarl, Shadow of Yharnam and Rom), got lost for like half and hour and got a glimpse of Amygdala stalking me all over Yahar'gul.

This morning I almost killed The One Reborn on the first try, lost like 60k echoes there but got 'em back on the second try and killed that ugly... thing.

4yN69l2.jpg

I also took this screenshot and did some editing on it.
This game is so beautiful.

Chittagong

Gold Member
As I only have PS in London due to its size, I had to do a schedule of what I want to play.

London - 21 Oct - 18 Nov - 4 weeks

PS4
  • Last of Us Part II - DONE
  • Ghost of Tsushima - NOW PLAYING
  • (rest of God of War)
Xbox Series X
  • Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War - BETA & LAUNCH
Switch
  • Luigi’s Mansion 3 - HALLOWEEN

London - 19 Nov - 9 Dec - 3 weeks

PS5
  • Demon’s Souls
  • (Spider-Man Miles Morales)

Xbox Series X
  • Cyberpunk 2077

Finland / Italy - 10 Dec - 19 March - 14 weeks

Switch
  • Deadly Premonition 2
  • Ori Will of Wisps
  • Doom
  • Pokemon Sword & Siheld

Xbox Series S
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War
  • Dark Souls 3

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Finished Silent Hill 2 for the first time. Decent game. The atmosphere, sound and music are all really well done. I feel they gave too much ammo and health kits though. The enemies were easy to beat. A lot of the locations were just different long hallways with small rooms attached. I did like the exploration and puzzle based gameplay though. The story telling was good.

I'd like to see a game made today with this type of atmposhere and gameplay. It's still a really good game to play today so it was probably mind blowing back in the day.

Krisprolls

Banned
I'm back on Bloodborne. Always stopped at Father Gascoigne because it was too hard.

Yesterday I finally decided to call for reinforcements and 2 guys appeared. One of them had some kind of flamethrower. They trounced Gascoigne like he was a lvl 1 scrub. I was both relieved and disappointed.

Now starting Old Yharnam section...

Ulysses 31

Finished Silent Hill 2 for the first time. Decent game. The atmosphere, sound and music are all really well done. I feel they gave too much ammo and health kits though. The enemies were easy to beat. A lot of the locations were just different long hallways with small rooms attached. I did like the exploration and puzzle based gameplay though. The story telling was good.

I'd like to see a game made today with this type of atmposhere and gameplay. It's still a really good game to play today so it was probably mind blowing back in the day.
Which ending did you get? 👀

teezzy

Banned

The Medium looks chill af dude

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Going for the full bore classics.

Sin and Punishment -N64 (probably the best pure action game ever made - too good)
Mario 3 -NES (recently finished Mario 1 and 2)
Super Metroid -SNES (recently finished Metroid 1 and 2)
Sunset Riders -Arcade version (after only knowing the great snes and crappy genesis versions - the arcade game is amazing)
Panzer Dragoon Zwei -Saturn (on rails perfection)
Fire Emblem -SNES (going thru the remake of FE1)
Monster World IV -Mega Drive (recently finished Wonder Boy in MW)
Fatal Frame -OG Xbox (horror kick for Halloween)

Last edited:
Nintendo Switch: Just started Trials of Mana and loving it.

Also close to finishing Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

Finished Diablo Eternal Collection with Wizard and now in Adventure Mode. Also started new Campaign with Witch Doctor.

Last edited:

J-Roderton

Still Project Cars 3 and finishing up RE7 tomorrow. Might try to run through Maid Of Sker next.

Just ordered Silent Hill HD collection, so I’ll be diving into that series for the first time hopefully next week.

yansolo

just finished mafia definitive and now going through my backlog until cyberpunk, playing mad max currently, decent game but im starting to remember why i sidelined it, also forza horizon 4 here and there when i just wanna chill

tried wow again with a friend (havnt played since legion) , couldnt get into it

Roberts

Not going to play any Xbox games until XSX comes out so I've been mostly playing PS4 Pro to go through all the exclusives I wanted to check out and then sell the console for good.

Nioh: Decent Souls clone. At least on paper. Maybe X1X games have spoiled me, but it looks so damn fugly (in all the modes) that my eyes were about to bleed. Not going to continue. Does the sequel look better?

Horizon Zero Dawn: Tried it a year ago or so and got bored. Played it differently this time around and overall, I enjoyed it. Everything to do with robots is fun. Combat with humans seems to be an afterthought. 7/10

Spider-Man: I'm so glad that the game is like 20 hours long, because any more and all the swinging would have gotten reaaally old. I loved the experience, but there is no way I'm gonna play any Spider-Man games anytime soon. 8/10

Detroit Becoming Human: Despite some cringeworthy writing and desperate attempts at ripping-off every dramatic beat from famous films, it was just about as enjoyable as a QTE game can be. It's funny how it can look gorgeous so often and then Clancy Brown and Lance Henriksen's faces have a strong Edgar vibes - basically looks like somebody else is wearing their face masks. But I digress. 6/10

Thesnipergecko

Neo Member
I've just finished Star Wars Squadrons and Little Nightmares.

Little Nightmares I picked up on the PSN sale for £4. Nice little game. Albeit a little short, but something different for a change.
Squadrons campaign was probably 6-7 hours, overall enjoyable if you can look past the 95% female cast and woke brigade.

Erimus

Neo Member
Beat Kingdom Hearts 1. That final boss battle was tough. Had to go through the Hades Cup in the Coliseum, find all Dalmatians and complete the Winnie the Pooh storyline before I felt remotely prepared for the challenge. Thoroughly enjoyed the game, lots of nostalgia.

Will jump into the Bioshock 1, God of War III or the next Chapter of KH (Story so far), haven’t decided yet.

Still have PES21 MyClub and WarZone on the go.

Xesty

Neo Member
Started playing Witcher 3 again after playing through its main story several months ago.

Will finish the DLCs and just fool around playing Gwent and doing contracts in the open world.

Destiny 2 , I rushed through the campaign with over 50 hrs and still haven't beated it , this game is tricky so I decided to take a break before getting the series x.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Amid Evil. Wow! The guys behind this and DUSK sure have talent, specially regarding atmosphere and level design.

I'm nearing the end and this game is amazing. 7 episodes located in 7 different worlds, each with their own ambience, enemies and architecture (which really shines sometimes), so each time you reach a new episode everything feels fresh and new.

Wish there were more shooters like this and DUSK. Now, on to finish this one and wait for the recently announced DLC.

linkroi

I'm playing Daymare for the moment, an independent Resident Evil Like, not really good but not that bad. I mean, there's a lot of problems like the script (zombies who awaken after you pass them...) but the feeling and the ambiance is kinda great. Just... the shadow of Resident Evil is always there, Daymare don't really succeed to have is proper universe, it is just a melting pot of horror games, especially Resident Evil. It does'nt make the game bad, but a little bit clunky in is execution. Still, i would recommand it for people who really enjoy a good horror game, not a must do but if you're curious... could be interresting.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Playing original No More Heroes on Switch and man just loving this game.

At first I was kind of sad that they didn’t port the PS3 version on Switch but then I looked up a comparison between the two..........this great example of just because a game has better “tech” doesn’t always mean it’s going to be better looking game.

PS3 version completely lost the unique style of the original game and just down looks bad at times, soooooo glad they chose to bring the Wii version to Switch.

bender

What time is it?
Playing original No More Heroes on Switch and man just loving this game.

At first I was kind of sad that they didn’t port the PS3 version on Switch but then I looked up a comparison between the two..........this great example of just because a game has better “tech” doesn’t always mean it’s going to be better looking game.

PS3 version completely lost the unique style of the original game and just down looks bad at times, soooooo glad they chose to bring the Wii version to Switch.

I didn't realize NMH got a PS3 port. I've been playing the Switch port as well, 3 bosses down and I don't know if I'll stick with it. It's a little too simple for my liking and grinding for money is kind of meh.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Playing Asterix & Obelix XXL 2.

Bought it cheap on the current sale as a quick Platinum. It's actually not that bad. Classic PS2 era game. Lot of repetition but it sure feels more gamey than most current games. Also lovig the fact that it's short. I'm almost done with the main story already and moping up the rest of the trophies doesn't seem to take that long as well.

Kinda baffled that a game like this got a PS4 remaster and other, more know games from the same era, didn't.

Last edited:
Top Bottom