• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you most hyped for right now?

cormack12

Gold Member
GOAT

Seriously I dunno. Rebirth looks good but I might not get that right way. Hellblade 2 also. I was looking forward to Avowed but latest vid is far from the direction I initially thought it would have.

I'm interested in itemisation 2.0 in Diablo IV. Skyline console edition also I'm looking forward to.

Gun to head, id probably say the game I'm going to buy day one and commit to immediately will be rise of the ronin.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If I had to choose one....
151a3fe397cb6279d17a4cc5307e975a24195d96c77b5d0c47dc63703263df2c

Fbh

Rebirth.
Because I don't learn and I can't help but get hyped about FF every fucking time.
In my defence though, unlike XIII...and XV... and XVI, FF7R did mostly live up to my expectations. It had some obvious issues but I overall had a blast with it. If the sequel can build upon what worked in the original while ironing out some of the flaws it should be amazing.

cormack12

Gold Member
Rebirth.
Because I don't learn and I can't help but get hyped about FF every fucking time.
In my defence though, unlike XIII...and XV... and XVI, FF7R did mostly live up to my expectations. It had some obvious issues but I overall had a blast with it. If the sequel can build upon what worked in the original while ironing out some of the flaws it should be amazing.
I heard there might be some materia loadout improvements but can't find anything to back it up. I would love that.

SHA

The Witcher 4 and it's coming this year, y'all should start talking about the game.

Last edited:

Muffdraul

I'm so not-hyped for anything right now, I had to look it up; I set up countdown timers at timeanddate.com for games I'm waiting for and the only one I currently have ticking down is FFVII Rebirth. But as much as I loved FFVII in its day, I've never really cared about a remake. The most I ever asked for was a re-translation from scratch. I am looking forward to it, though. I thought FFVII Remake was 'pretty good.' So far what little I've seen of FFVII Rebirth looks A LOT better. Not "hyped" though. If they suddenly announced, "Sorry, we fucked up, we actually need to delay Rebirth a whole year," I'd just shrug and get on with my day.

Also, when I checked my bookmarks to see my countdown timers, I noticed I recently moved the GTA VI forum at gtaforums.com up to the top. Definitely hyped for that, but it's so far out I'm not feeling it yet.

I'm very slightly interested in Tekken 8, only because just hearing its name triggers old memories. I used to be a huge Tekken fan, but that pretty much ended after Tekken 3. Never got into any of them after that. Tekken Tag totally killed my boner and I never got it back.

Last edited:

Dis

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth for me. Its the highest gaming can go imho. Been dreaming about this since AC trailers.

Does anyone remember Kojima asking fans on twitter what he should ask Nomura during dinner? Or interviews with Kitase saying a lot of personal boxes needing to be checked to consider a remake. 2005 E3 tech demo or even people misinterpreting that “Continued in Final Fantasy VII” line at the end of CC.

I’m also shocked FF9 and FFX is getting a remake since FF7 remake was always speculated for so long and never seemed to come about. I thought the dream was dead during PSX remaster troll announcement.

Clintizzle

Lord of Edge.
Honestly, the next Witcher game is the only one that I'm confidently looking forward to.

GTA VI too ofcourse.

Naked Lunch

Monster Hunter Wilds
This one is going to be huge. They're going to take everything theyve learned from the entire history of the franchise, and from the massive popularity and profits of World - they are going to make the ultimate version MH. The DLCs of recent monster hunters have been separate games onto themselves - I expect the same this go around too. Lots of game to explore and get lost in.

I still cant get over how much gameplay is in the MH games. Just a simple weapon switch and you have another 100 hours of practice and experimentation to fiddle around with - and enough leeway to play with skill and improvisation. A gamers game for sure. This can only get deeper and more complex with Wilds.

Ace Combat 8
After being on life support for years, the surprise success of AC7 (and the popularity of the new Top Gun movie at the same time), the Ace Combat franchise is really set up for something special for the next entry. Its been in the making for years now. AC7 was well loved - but didnt have the kind of budget and care the next entry will.
AC 8 is going to be incredible - mark my words.
Lets hope they put some (meaning a lot) AC Zero style dogfighting boss fights in there.

Last edited:

NeonDelta

Not a lot to be honest. GTA vi is too far away for me to get excited about right now. Maybe metal gear solid delta but I don’t trust Konami.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Honestly? The HxH fighting game. Dream game for me if it ends up being a 3v3 fighter like UMvC3.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Relink all day long. I’m ready for FF7 remake part 2, or whatever convoluted name they gave it, but I kind of know what to expect with that (except maybe not because the story shit they pulled with part 1, that’s got me more worried about gravitating toward KH BS story Garbo more than anything).

Top Bottom