• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you most hyped for right now?

Regginator

Honestly at this very moment, none.

But as far as unannounced-but-definitely-yet-to-be-announced games, Metroid Prime 2 & 3 Remastered. Last year was the first time Prime 1 finally clicked with me (after multiple attempts on the GC and Wii), and this time around I very much enjoyed it. The modernized shooter controls really did the trick, as opposed to the awful controls on the GC and the nausea-enducing motion controls on the Wii. Anyway, I'm very excited to dive into them before getting 4 when it arrives somewhere around 2029.

And I'm also excited to play FF7 Rebirth when it hits PS+ Extra or whatever, but it's not something I'd buy. FF7 Remake has one of the very best combat systems I've ever played, it looks visually stunning, but the story was meh and the pacing was downright awful. Not sure how Rebirth will fare on that front, but it won't be a buy for me.

OrionNebula

I’m starting Infinite Wealth today, so I’m gonna say Persona 3?

Aside from that, at this point, well….
TlxtqgV.jpg

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I don't have genuine hype for any 1 specific game this year. I'm more just interested in a ton of stuff that looks pretty good so far. Not going to be lacking stuff to play. Going to try and play some backlog stuff this year honestly.
  • Going to try and play Pillars of Eternity 1 and maybe 2 before Avowed.
  • Going to try and go through all the Gears of War games, since I never did.
  • Persona 3R
  • Dragon's Dogma 2
  • Hellblade 2
  • Indiana Jones
  • Metaphor, likely getting it. Maybe not day 1 though.
  • Whatever Nintendo comes up with.
  • Normally Rise of Ronin would be super hype and an instant buy for me, but I was really shocked at how bad Wo Long was. I need to see more on this game before spending $70.
  • Stellar Blade, I need to see more before spending $70.
  • Trying to catch up on Yakuza so I can get to the new one.
  • Interested in Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden. Not hyped, but interested.
  • Looking forward to Space Marine 2.
  • Lots of indies I'm looking forward to as well.

I think I have outgrown my hyped age, and marketing teams seem to not really fuel excitement lately themselves, but Vampire Masquerade 3 Bloodlines 2 is hopefully a good successor. It does not look like they know how to manage that IP, but it takes at least more time than the sidequest titles they released, which did not spark much interest from anyone.

Bond007

GTA 6 - by alot.

No particular order:
Indiana Jones
Metal Gear Snake Eater (My fav series - but i wanted MGS1)
Wolverine

Thats sorta it in terms of actual hype. When Sony finally shows some games and Nintendo launch titles for Switch 2- Those will surely round out my list.

Alpha Male

Good question. Right now it's between Star Wars Outlaws, Death Stranding and Indiana Jones. I'm going with Star Wars for the time being.

ALSO really looking forward to Assassin's Creed Red, GTA , Manor Lords, Flight Sim, Top Spin and Avowed

Last edited:

BouncyFrag

Kingdom Come Deliverance on Switch. One of my favorite games ever. I’m hoping Saber can work their magic with this impossible tier port. They did well with the Witcher 3 port.

Alan Wake

Indiana Jones and the Great Circle.

But I have high hopes for Alone in the Dark (and I love the fact that they'll release a collector's edition) and of course Stalker II.

Moochi

Hades 2. The first one was just a perfect sit down and play for 15 minutes game. I hope the second manages to tell as good a story as the first.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Terrorism, ISIS, Korean government propaganda, lots of Russian militaries, a modern COD game is a gold mine so I’m hyped for the arrival of COD 2024.

Hohenheim

Metroid Prime 4
Dragons dogma 2
Elden Ring DLC
Rise of the ronin
No rest for the wicked
Avowed
Mina the hollower

Runners up:

Re Fantasio
FF 7 rebirth
Unicorn Overlord
Broken Roads

Mortisfacio

Really it's just whatever/whenever the new Witcher game launches and the Elden Ring DLC. Everything else I'll play or maybe check out, but not really actively checking news for so wouldn't call it "hyped" for those.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree
I’m super hyped for this as well but at same time getting very frustrated with all these rumours and we haven't gotten single trailer, not even CG trailer.

Last edited:

Gojiira

Dragons Dogma 2 This year and Monster Hunter Wilds next year…Not gonna lie nothing else gets me anywhere near as hyped

xVodevil

Well for this year it's gonna be the Indy game, STALKER 2 and and Dragon's Dogma 2 for already announced. on PC, and oh yeah the new Commandos game of course!
Also hoping for some more PS releases being announced like Ghost of Tsushima, Demon's Souls or even Bloodborne..

intbal

Kingdom Come Deliverance on Switch. One of my favorite games ever. I’m hoping Saber can work their magic with this impossible tier port. They did well with the Witcher 3 port.

All they have to do is implement a 30fps cap and it will already be better than every other console version with their infinite-stutter 31fps cap.

TastyPastry

there are a couple: GTA VI and the Max Payne remake comes first to mind and i'm always excited about the next Resident Evil but i'm also looking forward to the new dennaton game (hotline miami devs) that's been in development for years and that we not know much about other than it being a contra stlye game

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
elden ring DLC
Surprised it took until page 3. Not a full game, but given how long it's taken it has the potential to be. Souls DLC rarely disappoints and given then level of customisation in ER this has the potential to really open up so much, even for someone with 1000+ hours sunk into the game

Jigsaah

Gold Member
It was Tekken 8, but it's out now and I am thoroughly satisfied aside from the server issues.

Now...maybe Hellblade II and Final Fantasy Rebirth

Top 10 most anticipated right now:

10. Rise of the Ronin
9. Path of Exile 2
8. Mina the Hollower
7. GTA6
6. Monster Hunter Wilds
5. Path of the Goddess
4. Dragon’s Dogma II
3. Metroid Prime 4
2. Ubusuna
1. Shadow of the Erdtree

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Surprised it took until page 3. Not a full game, but given how long it's taken it has the potential to be. Souls DLC rarely disappoints and given then level of customisation in ER this has the potential to really open up so much, even for someone with 1000+ hours sunk into the game
I know they won't disappoint but I wish they wouldn't go radio silent this long.....if they game wasn't ready to shown they shouldn't have announce it in the first place.

I rumours keep saying it coming in Feb but most games coming that month already have proper trailer and gameplay footage, Elden Ring in other hand has nothing other than concept art.....I highly doubt its coming in Feb.

Top Bottom