• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games do you really want to like but you just cant?

You have a lot of good ones, OP. FF7R is a big one for me too.

The visuals and sound are mind blowing for a fan of the original. Battle system is also pretty fun.

Then you realize all the ugly parts. Characters fucking yap and yap forever in that “I don’t know how normal adults interact with each other” anime style. Tons of awkward grunting and sighing, like a character can’t have a thought pass through their head without making a noise so we get it. All the villains are these comically evil mustache-twirling caricatures that belong in some Saturday morning cartoon.

Plus all the filler. The very first thing you do when you reach the slums is… go door-to-door replacing water filters. Then you go to the abandoned junkyard to exterminate monsters. Then go to the abandoned warehouse to exterminate monsters. Then help some girl find her missing cats….

Yeahhhh, fuck that. Midgar was like 5-6 hours in the original, because that was the amount of time they needed to tell the story they wanted to tell.

I’ve tried 3 attempts so far, each time I gave up around the part where you meet Aeris and have to pick flowers in her flower garden.
Pretty much this then you have all of the squeezing through rubble time type sections.

Tried all of these this year, several times. I'm not ignorant enough to say they're poor games but for whatever reason they just utterly refuse to click with me. Doom being the biggest disappointment of all with the original being the best game ever made imo :messenger_crying:

Bayonetta series
Doom 2016/Eternal
Ghostrunner
GTA series from III onwards
Forza Horizon 4 & 5
Lol top 3 happen to be among my favourite series/games.

Mr Branding

I am trying to enjoy Ac Odyssey on Deck, it runs great, it looks superb yet I am so bored while playing, everything is so repetitive and just when one element of the game tries to pull me in, the level grind gets to me.
Huge fan of Origins and the earlier AC’s but this one feels too bloated and I hate grinding. It’s also insulting to know there is that easy leveling perk which you can buy with helix coins.

Naru

Most Sony first party games weirdly enough. Horizon, God of War, Uncharted 4 etc. Those games still bore me to death.

Top Bottom