• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games made you cry?

TacosNSalsa

Final Fantasy X ending .. My GF bought it for me and ended up watching me play through it and that ending . She started crying then I started tearing up and then we was both balling before the credits finished rolling

KàIRóS

gsIvWFl.jpg

ROMhack

Modern Warfare and FIFA made me cry a few times.

More legit, SotC on my third playthrough. It's just so sad the way the fictional character Wander goes through all he does believing he's on the road to redemption when actually he's just being used like a toy puppet by the evil doers of this realm. And he dies thinking his only friend, the fucking horse is dead.

Last edited:

WindomURL

Welled up good and proper playing through the new LA.

When Marin sings her song in Animal Village, and then Link joins in on the ocarina I mean I mean it's just something in my eye nvm.

DrJohnGalt

Banned
I don't think I've ever actually cried, but one that got an emotional WTF reaction from me was Bioshock Infinite.

Also not a cry, but emotional was Life is Strange.

Last edited:

D-Dude

Not once.. but I felt some emotion when I got a letter from the Jarl from Whiterun, telling me that a random bandit died... And I recieved some money from him. Moved me a bit.. Poor bandit.

mortal

Gold Member
Certain games have made me feel sad or melancholic, but I've yet to play a game that has made me genuinely shed tears.

Hinedorf

Banned
Only game to date was Red Dead 2. I'm pretty sure right around where the song 'That's the way it is' comes on there was this total everything-is-fucked realization that you anticipated but the way it was played out just brought me to tears as Arthur rode forward on his horse. I truly loved this character and to know where it's headed makes me question the psychology of my sadness in knowing this is the end of his story or the end of me in his story, either way I found it all super heavy.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
1. Mother 3
2. Final Fantasy X

I guess that’s about it.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Never heard you plug that game before. Is it any good?
Gravity rush 2 is simply one of the best games of all time, for me the best game I've play in my life. (previously it was Chrono trigger and Zelda Ocarina of time) and that I have never liked Sony games

The enigmatic story, its beautiful graphics, its beautiful soundtrack, its characters and especially her protagonist Kat that easy one of the best girls of videogames ever ( Yeah much better than lara croft or chun li), the secondary missions that show the human values that have been lost in society, the form of narration and its multiple endings.

Gravity rush 2 is a masterpiece, it could easily compete with Zelda Breath of the wild, as the best game of 2017, but Sony's ignorance has not allowed it.

Also to the ignorance of video game analysts reviews and Youtubers who are asses, give more preference to junk games like Fornite.

I consider that the Gravity rush saga (1 & 2 ) is a cultural and artistic heritage of the modern videogame industry, for its innovation and charm. It's been like the Hollywood classics, misunderstood by the audience but over the years they become classics.

Believe me that I criticize the games in any aspect.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
nier automata fucking destroyed me. i didn't cry, i bawled.

Automata is an emotional flatline compared to the original! Yoko was even quoted as saying that he backed off on it during the process of making the sequel as Nier's NG+ turned out to be so emotionally punishing that he felt it unbalanced the overall story.

petran79

Banned
Out of frustration? Plenty!

Last game I felt something emotional for the character was with Angels of Death

Last game to make me cry out of pleasure was Custom Order Maid 2 3D

No game ever made me cry because I'm a gangster, but The Last Guardian got me DANGEROUSLY close. Such an emotional ride for anyone who has a pet.

Top Bottom