• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games made you cry?

garballax

Automata is an emotional flatline compared to the original! Yoko was even quoted as saying that he backed off on it during the process of making the sequel as Nier's NG+ turned out to be so emotionally punishing that he felt it unbalanced the overall story.
wow. a shame it hasn't made its way to PC or gotten a re-release. it's been mentioned a lot in this thread, i might have to give it a try. thank you!

Vawn

Banned
Gravity rush 2 is simply one of the best games of all time, for me the best game I've play in my life. (previously it was Chrono trigger and Zelda Ocarina of time) and that I have never liked Sony games

The enigmatic story, its beautiful graphics, its beautiful soundtrack, its characters and especially her protagonist Kat that easy one of the best girls of videogames ever ( Yeah much better than lara croft or chun li), the secondary missions that show the human values that have been lost in society, the form of narration and its multiple endings.

Gravity rush 2 is a masterpiece, it could easily compete with Zelda Breath of the wild, as the best game of 2017, but Sony's ignorance has not allowed it.

Also to the ignorance of video game analysts reviews and Youtubers who are asses, give more preference to junk games like Fornite.

I consider that the Gravity rush saga (1 & 2 ) is a cultural and artistic heritage of the modern videogame industry, for its innovation and charm. It's been like the Hollywood classics, misunderstood by the audience but over the years they become classics.

Believe me that I criticize the games in any aspect.

7/10

kunonabi

Super Metroid
Silent Hill 3
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Klonoa
Final Fantasy X-2

Might be a couple others but those are the ones that jump to mind.

Soul blade. Finished theast quest for all wealons and the game froze. I raged and rubbed it against the wall and it never worked again.

Durask

Gravity rush 2 is simply one of the best games of all time, for me the best game I've play in my life. (previously it was Chrono trigger and Zelda Ocarina of time) and that I have never liked Sony games

The enigmatic story, its beautiful graphics, its beautiful soundtrack, its characters and especially her protagonist Kat that easy one of the best girls of videogames ever ( Yeah much better than lara croft or chun li), the secondary missions that show the human values that have been lost in society, the form of narration and its multiple endings.

Gravity rush 2 is a masterpiece, it could easily compete with Zelda Breath of the wild, as the best game of 2017, but Sony's ignorance has not allowed it.

Also to the ignorance of video game analysts reviews and Youtubers who are asses, give more preference to junk games like Fornite.

I consider that the Gravity rush saga (1 & 2 ) is a cultural and artistic heritage of the modern videogame industry, for its innovation and charm. It's been like the Hollywood classics, misunderstood by the audience but over the years they become classics.

Believe me that I criticize the games in any aspect.

I started playing Gravity Rush on the Vita and kinda gave up after a few hours. Then I got Gravity Rush remastered for PS4 and never touched it.
You've convinced me to try to find my PS4 copy and give it a try.

Caffeine

cries of laughter
mass-effect-andromeda-face-800x440.jpg

Clarissa

Banned
Xenosaga 3 (I couldn't sleep for weeks. All I could think about was Kos-Mos)
Legend of Heroes Trails In The Sky 2
Metal Gear Solid 3

Bigrx1

Banned
wow. a shame it hasn't made its way to PC or gotten a re-release. it's been mentioned a lot in this thread, i might have to give it a try. thank you!

If you're a story buff it's worth putting in the effort to play, it has some really really powerful moments.

MiguelItUp

Honestly without thinking too hard at all the first and only ones that come to mind are....
  • Silent Hill 2
  • The Walking Dead Season 1
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
RDR and RDR2 hit me hard because not only did I love the characters, but the music played a pivotal role too. I love music, and they used it SO well in both games IMO. Moments that were impactful, became even heavier thanks to the soundtrack.

molasar

Banned
The Activision Decathlon because it killed my joystick.
Killer Instinct because I could not believe how beautiful it is in 1994.

Javthusiast

Banned
Final credits scene in Nier Automata for example, where the the choir kicks in if you choose to except a certain something.

I teared up at the ending of ICO and also To the Moon. Those are the only two I can remember having that effect. Not that others couldn't have, given the right moment for me.

Salvatron

I started playing Gravity Rush on the Vita and kinda gave up after a few hours. Then I got Gravity Rush remastered for PS4 and never touched it.
If you still have your Vita, I recommend booting GR back up and giving it another go simply for the accelerometer mode of play... where your vita becomes like a window to point Kat in the direction you want her to go. It's a really fun way to fly around.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Believe me, its a marvelous Gem.

Don't listen to the reviews. In fact, Japan Studio is considered the "Sony's Nintendo"

Because is a gem of game... and is the most rarest game to find.

I have 3 copies physical of Gravity rush remastered ( American, Chinese, Europe Journalism), one Digital, And i Have Gravity rush 2 3 copies ( Japanese limited edition, American and Russian).

It's very rare that I even bought 2 copies of a game, except for these jewels

Nickolaidas

Ori & The Blind Forest (almost all character deaths, the arch-antagonist's flashback).

Castlevania Lords of Shadow (Gabriel saved by Marie against the vampire child, pre-end credits scene)

Shadow of the Colossus (the horse's death, ending)

Layers of Fear (end scene)

Resident Evil Code Veronica (Steve's death)

Grandia II (Mareg's Death, Mileena's sacrifice)

Xenogears (Karen's death, ending)

Last edited:

HoldSteady

Neo Member
Not necessarily tears but definitely misty eyed. Both the last of us and the end of metal gear solid 3. Both were very powerful and genuine to me.

mekes

None.

Looking at posters answers I’ve played most of the games mentioned. Some have made me pause and reflect, but none have made me cry.

Metroid on the NES, my friend would just not let me take the controller - EVER - so I :messenger_loudly_crying: .

Probably the intro of The Last of Us, after I replayed the game after having a kid of my own, I knew it was coming, I could just not help it.

plushyp

Haven't cried because of a game but the Hero ending of Infamous 2, Good ending of Spec Ops: The Line and the final hour of Lisa: A Painful RPG really depressed me.

Wonko_C

-Gravity Rush 2: No tears but the ending made me feel empty for like 2 weeks. It felt like a sad goodbye to a place I loved and knew I would never be able to return to.

-Astro Bot: Captain Astro walking away with its head down almost made me tear up a little. (Amazing how VR can give you "the feels" with so little) Then it's all back to jolly fun after a few seconds. :)

-Ghost Trick - Phantom Detective: This one totally destroyed me when the identity of the main character is revealed to be a cat inside a suitcase killed by a stray bullet. So this is the only game/movie/book/etc. that has really done it for me. :messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
I get upset with anything involving sad children so I admit I got a little upset with Mario galaxy rosalina story when you go into a little viewing room and get the cutscene, the music really plays it up as well. 😭

Top Bottom