• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games made you cry?

D.Final

Banned
Final Fantasy XV
One of the best endings ever.
For one of the best Final Fantasy ever made.

And it is also one of the reasons why I find the game a masterpiece.

And there are also many other great endings to mention.

Chrono Trigger

Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core

Final Fantasy IX

Kingdom Hearts

Shadow of the Colossus

Final Fantasy VIII

Kingdom Hearts 2

The Last Guardian

Final Fantasy X

MGS 4

Bioshock 2

Final Fantasy Type 0

Undertale

Pokémon Gold and Silver

MGS 3

Dark Souls

Dark Souls 3

Life is Strange

Dragon Quest VIII

Nier Automata

And many more.

Last edited:
Not sure cry is the right word, but I did like the sombre end tone of Assassin's Creed Black Flag.

As for actually blubbering, I think the Life is Strange stuff does a good job of reducing me to tears.

Shifty

RIP page 4.

For tearing up, Devil May Cry 5 just a lil bit.
The intro to mission 20 (I'M NOT LETTING YOU DIIIIIIIIE)

As for full on waterworks? Pff, I'm far too manly for that. Don't have time for it, what with eating huge piles of raw steak and felling trees with my bare hands. Yup. Not even once. This is definitely not a lie.
(Can't remember right now, I'll get back to you on that)

Last edited:

Murr

Since i am a bit drunk , this is the perfect time to answer this question. The game that pulled on my heartstrings the most was without a doubt "To the Moon".
For people who speak Korean (or even people who don't) this is an awesome playthrough to watch:
To the Moon Korean

She plays the game in one go, like it should be.
With these kinds of games the circumstances play a big role i think. You need to to have the time and mood to play a sad game and enjoy it to its fullest.
You can't play a games like that with 5 friends making jokes. That is why most Let's plays for these kinds of games kinda bad in my opinion.

Last edited:

Shifty1897

The Last of Us, To The Moon, Nier: Automata, FFXV, Shadow of the Colossus.

Also, not crying but the last part of Earthbound was FUCKED UP for an 8 year old boy and it gave me wake-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night-screaming-nightmares for a week until I beat it.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
The only one I can think of where I actually full-on cried is Halo Reach.

If you know anything about Halo lore you already know things are not going to go well for the Spartans of Noble 6 and you can feel that sense of foreboding from the very beginning with the mournful opening soundtrack and shots of the destroyed planet.

There were a lot of emotional moments throughout the game and in those emotional moments, Bungie didn't go all mushy & sentimental, they were stoic and so Spartan-like. The game is a master piece and I got kind of choked up several times, but after the final credits roll and the game comes back with the final chapter, "Lone Wolf", you're the last spartan left standing against a horde of covenant until you finally go down in a hail of plasma & bullets and then the camera pans to your cracked helmet; I cry like a little girl ............................................ every damn time I play the game.

Halo 4 got me choked up at the end and the same with HellBlade Senua's Sacrafice, but nothing like the way Reach gets to me.

2014e893e147820f3794ebc73f1779f68faaf0fbd38c7c236a9e563afcdbe831_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.jpg

It didn't make me cry, it drained my fkng soul...

Last edited:

DonF

Legend of legaia when I was very young. I remember that the ending wasn't sad, but I had such a good time with the game and the characters, and finishing the game, seeing they all had a happy ending ... Made me cry tears of joy.

Last edited:

Arachnid

Silent Hill 2 when I was a kid. Nothing since. Poor James.

The intro for Last of Us got me pretty close. Joel's shock in the situation before he and his daughter got gunned down felt real. Fantastic scene.

MGS4 got me kind of close too when I thought Solid killed himself. That was too much.

The loss of color, sound, Maria's appearance, Dom's dialogue to his wife and Marcus, and the music... it was such a sad scene. One of the few games I played on Xbox 360 but I always remember this moment.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I remember crying during Final Fantasy VII when Aerith is killed. Also, I just started playing the beautiful Ori and the Blind Forest for the first time...and the beginning of the game definitely got to me. :lollipop_crying:

Top Bottom