• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games would you put on Sega Genesis Collection 2?

jarrod said:
They're actually wrong about Dracula 32X, it wasn't going to be a port/conversion of the PCE/SFC game but rather a full sequel. After it was killed, the staff went on to create SoTN for PS/SS, which probably reused a lot of the concept and early design work from the 32X project.

Really a shame about DarkStalkers though, 32X could've used it and it may have led to more CPS2 ports. :(

Lady Stalker... it was kinda assy. I think Taito published it.

Climax was just subcontracted for the early Shining games, as the Takahashi brothers didn't really have a staff for themselves. Once they officially formed SONIC/Camelot Software Planning, Climax didn't work on anymore Shining games (this was just before Shining Force II started R&D iirc).

I'm more interested in who owns rights to TimeStalkers, as it has both SEGA and Cliamx IPs featured prominently.

I'd think Climax owns the rights to that as well, and as Sega published the game for them, they were allowed to 'borrow' Sega's IPs.

They're actually wrong about Dracula 32X, it wasn't going to be a port/conversion of the PCE/SFC game but rather a full sequel. After it was killed, the staff went on to create SoTN for PS/SS, which probably reused a lot of the concept and early design work from the 32X project.

I just can't believe the greatest PS1 game of all...and the reason I bought a PS1 in the first place was once a 32X game.

A freakin' 32X game!

jarrod

Banned
SonicMegaDrive said:
I just can't believe the greatest PS1 game of all...and the reason I bought a PS1 in the first place was once a 32X game.

A freakin' 32X game!
Boggling, isn't it? You'd think they'd have at least shifted it to Saturn first...

Technically, Nintendo could also release their entire SNES output and put it on one or two similar collections as well.

They won't of course! But...try to imagine it.

Ha ha, yeah. If they even released a collection of two or three games at this point I'd nearly die of shock. The NES games in the original Animal Crossing games must have been a malicious bit of code snuck in, not unlike "Hot Coffee". Nintendo is really tight-arsed about this, but I guess we now know why.

What's more sad than the SNES thing is that you probably couldn't even fill a collection this size with the N64 titles they own outright.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Ha ha, yeah. If they even released a collection of two or three games at this point I'd nearly die of shock. The NES games in the original Animal Crossing games must have been a malicious bit of code snuck in, not unlike "Hot Coffee". Nintendo is really tight-arsed about this, but I guess we now know why.

What's more sad than the SNES thing is that you probably couldn't even fill a collection this size with the N64 titles they own outright.

In an alternate reality...a Nintendo SNES Collection for the Nintendo Wii or Gamecube:

Super Mario World
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG(with Culex section removed)
Super Metroid
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Star Fox
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Kirby's Super Star
Kirby's Avalanche
Kirby's Dream Course
EarthBound
Super Mario All-Stars
F-Zero
Pilotwings
Tetris and Dr. Mario
Tetris 2
Tetris Attack
Stunt Race FX
Uniracers
Wario's Woods
Super Punch-Out!!
Super Tennis
Super Soccer
Tin Star
Super Play Action Football
Sim City

30 Great classics, $20.

Dare to dream.

Man oh man, I'd kill for a collection like that for $20.

Sadly Nintendo will be charging $240 for it, and even from me, they're likely to get most of that. :/

Speevy

Banned
SonicMegaDrive said:
In an alternate reality...a Nintendo SNES Collection for the Nintendo Wii or Gamecube:

Super Mario World
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG(with Culex section removed)
Super Metroid
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Star Fox
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Kirby's Super Star
Kirby's Avalanche
Kirby's Dream Course
EarthBound
Super Mario All-Stars
F-Zero
Pilotwings
Tetris and Dr. Mario
Tetris 2
Tetris Attack
Stunt Race FX
Uniracers
Wario's Woods
Super Punch-Out!!
Super Tennis
Super Soccer
Tin Star
Super Play Action Football
Sim City

30 Great classics, $20.

Dare to dream.

I'd throw in Mario Paint, Chrono Trigger, the 3 FF games, perhaps Harvest Moon.

Speevy said:
I'd throw in Mario Paint, Chrono Trigger, the 3 FF games, perhaps Harvest Moon.

I thought about Mario Paint, though it'd have to include the Mouse. Same goes for any Super Scope 6 stuff. Then they'd have to charge more than twenty bucks. Harvest Moon, Chrono, and FF are all 3rd party games. This would have been strictly Nintendo software :)

I wouldn't mind Super Mario Picross, tho!

Hm...that wouldn't make a bad Virtual Console title....

Javaman

I bought the collection for the PSP mostly for some portable Phantasy Star loving. $30 is a great price for these games, but WTH charge $30 for the portable version while the console one is $20? Sheesh no wonder PSP game sales are down.

It'll be pretty neat in 5-10 years if Sony offers a "super disk" collection of 25 PS2 games for $20.

bengraven

SonicMegaDrive said:
I thought about Mario Paint, though it'd have to include the Mouse. Same goes for any Super Scope 6 stuff. Then they'd have to charge more than twenty bucks. Harvest Moon, Chrono, and FF are all 3rd party games. This would have been strictly Nintendo software :)

I wouldn't mind Super Mario Picross, tho!

Hm...that wouldn't make a bad Virtual Console title....

They wouldn't have to have a mouse. It would be released on the Wii. Though that wouldn't happen. Shit, I'll just be happy if all those games are released on VC.

bengraven said:
They wouldn't have to have a mouse. It would be released on the Wii. Though that wouldn't happen. Shit, I'll just be happy if all those games are released on VC.

Hm. Maybe an all new Mario Paint-type game that takes advantage of the Wiimote?

It might work.

SonicMegaDrive said:
Cyborg Justice

I absolutely loved this game as a kid. My friend and I would spend hours replaying it due to the fact that you could rip off your enemies (and friend's) body parts and use them as your own.

pswii60

seattle6418 said:
i don´t understand why publishers don´t take advice from gamers. they could do a lot of things that would make me become a very poor and ocupied guy.

sega could release a number of small budget titles for xbox live arcade and PSN. continuations of their famous series, the way they should be done. just imagine:

streets of rage 4
sonic 5
after burner 3
alex kidd
eternal champions
nights 2

and maybe, but still arcade downloadables:

virtua cop 3
daytona USA 3
a proper sega rally sequel

don´t you guys think this would sell?

just do it sega, do something good for a change. imagine those games in 1080p, with dozens of levels, online play...

i hope some classic developer is smart enough to realize and will do this...

Stop teasing! I'd be in heaven if that happened!

I can't wait to see what this Sonic: High Speed XBLA game is all about - I hope it hasn't been cancelled as haven't heard anything about it for ages.

Az987 said:
mother ****ing Zillion dammit!

They need a lot of other masters system games too

Jeez, you're not kidding.

Zillion is one of the best Sega games ever. As far as I know, it's never been released on any sort of compilation. Maybe Sega could throw in a few Master System games as unlockables.

games that should be in Sega genesis collection 2.
Shining force 1 and 2
Gunstar Heroes
Landstalkers
beyond oasis
Streets of rage 1-3
Alisia dragoon
herzog zwie
Space harrier 2
Ranger EX
monster world 4,5, and 6
Dynamite headdy

games I would love for them to put in the collection but they probaly can't
Mickey mouse:castle of Illusion
Quakeshot
Mickey and donald: Wold of illusion
Micheal Jackson's Moonwalker

Segata Sanshiro said:
I don't see why there would be an issue with the 'hacked' games...weren't they 'hacked' in the first place to avoid that very-same problem? Like, if Sega were to replace Mickey Mouse with Ricky Guinea Pig and change all the Disney references, I don't think there would be a problem there unless it was a situation like Kingdom Hearts where it was joint-owned.

I wouldn't want that. that would loose half of the game's charm.

jarrod

Banned
SonicMegaDrive said:
Jeez, you're not kidding.

Zillion is one of the best Sega games ever. As far as I know, it's never been released on any sort of compilation. Maybe Sega could throw in a few Master System games as unlockables.
How about a dedicated SMS/GG collection for DS? It'd be nice throw the little guy something...

SuperPac

I picked up the Japanese Saturn Castle of Illusion / QuackShot Saturn disc when they released it in the late '90s. QuackShot is still one of my absolute favorite games. Such a fun platformer with the plungers and whatnot. Great graphics, too. That was the first game I popped in after I got myself an RGB cable for the Genny.

SuperPac said:
I picked up the Japanese Saturn Castle of Illusion / QuackShot Saturn disc when they released it in the late '90s. QuackShot is still one of my absolute favorite games. Such a fun platformer with the plungers and whatnot. Great graphics, too. That was the first game I popped in after I got myself an RGB cable for the Genny.

did that game actually have World of Illusion in the collection??

Top Bottom