• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What happened to Rainy Woods?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
jiji said:
It sounds like a direct imitation of major themes from Twin Peaks.

Reminds me of a track from Shin Megami Tensei III, too.
I see, haven't seen Twin Peaks except for a few commercials for it on TV and stuff, perhaps that's why it's familiar.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
LiquidSwords said:
Oh, and I forgot to mention one crucial element of the Deadly Premonition announcement.
MSRP = $19.99

-Shane

Wait, seriously? That's...

... I'm actually surprised that's even plausible for a retail title.

randomwab said:
Any release date?

Deadly Premonition will ship by the end of February 2010 in North America.

Ignition is not the publisher in Europe, but I believe that it will ship there by the end of Spring.

wrowa

I doubt that RSG will sell this game for 20€ in Europe. Looking at the trailer, selling it cheap might be the only way sell that game at all, though.

EXGN

Wow, ya, that $19.99 bit turns the whole announcement from a groan inducing 'Really?' to actually a pretty decent deal. For $20, I'd definitely bite - kinda reminds me of Siren or something for that price.

Any word on why the PS3 version is in the trailer though, Shane? Or just a mistake?

Easy_D said:
I see, haven't seen Twin Peaks except for a few commercials for it on TV and stuff, perhaps that's why it's familiar.

Go forth and right this wrong. Please. Definitely before you play the game "inspired" by it.

And avoid spoilers, whatever you do.

bloke

Japanese title of the game is now Red Seeds Profile, official site opened today http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/rsp/

Release date: 03/11 (PS3/360)

Ugliest boxart ever for sure

51jT%2BXhbrUL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
518zAA-W74L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Wanted it on PS3. (For shame, Shane!) but went ahead and ordered for 360 on Amazon.
Not going to go through the trouble and expense of importing.

LiquidSwords said:
Deadly Premonition will ship by the end of February 2010 in North America.

Ignition is not the publisher in Europe, but I believe that it will ship there by the end of Spring.

Fuck you for making it 360 exclusive.

Takao

Banned
PhatPhucGabe said:
Fuck you for making it 360 exclusive.

Probably due to reverse importation fears. PS3 games are region-free, where as 360 games are not (usually). It's going for $20 here, and the equivalent of like $90 in Japan. If I was one of the four people in Japan who were interested in the game, I'd definately go with the $20 version.

Takao said:
Probably due to reverse importation fears. PS3 games are region-free, where as 360 games are not (usually). It's going for $20 here, and the equivalent of like $90 in Japan. If I was one of the four people in Japan who were interested in the game, I'd definately go with the $20 version.
That is what licensing fees are for.

Top Bottom