• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What happened to Robert Patrick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NastyBook

he was recently spotted in Thailand

BlandSpeedyHarpyeagle.gif
"Say...that's a nice bike."

Corpekata

Banned
Dude's been a regular and reliable TV actor. Not a superstar but seems to be doing well. Now in a high rated terrible CBS procedural so he's set for life.

Cosmozone

Liked him as a fireman and Johnny Cash's dad. He's a good and relatively well-known actor. And Faculty was awesome. Thread is pointless.

Doesn't Linda have like 500 million in the bank after divorcing Cameron ?

I'm surprised she appears in anything and turns up in random awful films.

Seeing that shes now doing the convention circuits at minor cons even signing autographs and taking pics with fans, I doubt it.

Karu

Wait... The Faculty is considered a great movie, right?!

I enjoyed him quite a bit on the X-Filea, especially in the enjoyable 8th season.

krae_man

I just watched that pilot. Why the hell did Shepard just kill him instead of trying to get him out of there? Did he really just look at his big ole' eyes and say "he's telling me nonverbally to kill him?"

That's exactly what happened. It comes back later as well.

Opiate

Eloise (post-production)
2015 Cold War (Short) (completed)
Man
2015 Hot Bath an' a Stiff Drink 2 (post-production)
Dallas Cambridge
2015 Hollywood Adventures
2014-2015 Appalachian Outlaws (TV Series)
Narrator
- Last Chance (2015) ... Narrator
- Battle at Wolf Creek (2015) ... Narrator
- Unlikely Allies (2015) ... Narrator
- Crossing the Line (2015) ... Narrator
- The Devil You Know (2015) ... Narrator
Show all 16 episodes
2015 Ultimate Spider-Man (TV Series)
Mr. Frank / Whizzer
- SHIELD Academy (2015) ... Mr. Frank / Whizzer (voice)
2015 Hellions
Corman
2015 Lost After Dark
Mr. C.
2014-2015 Scorpion (TV Series)
Cabe Gallo
- Episode #2.3 (2015) ... Cabe Gallo
- Postcards from the Edge (2015) ... Cabe Gallo
- Cliffhanger (2015) ... Cabe Gallo
- Crossroads (2015) ... Cabe Gallo
- Young Hearts Spark Fire (2015) ... Cabe Gallo
Show all 23 episodes
2014 Tell
Ashton
2013-2014 Sons of Anarchy (TV Series)
President of the San Bernardino Charter
- Red Rose (2014) ... President of the San Bernardino Charter
- Wolfsangel (2013) ... President of the San Bernardino Charter
2014 Kill the Messenger
Ronald J. Quail
2012-2014 True Blood (TV Series)
Jackson Herveaux
- Lost Cause (2014) ... Jackson Herveaux
- Death Is Not the End (2014) ... Jackson Herveaux
- In the Evening (2013) ... Jackson Herveaux
- Don't You Feel Me (2013) ... Jackson Herveaux
- Fuck the Pain Away (2013) ... Jackson Herveaux
Show all 12 episodes
2014 The Road Within
Robert
2014 From Dusk Till Dawn (TV Series)
Jacob Fuller
- The Take (2014) ... Jacob Fuller
- Boxman (2014) ... Jacob Fuller
- La Conquista (2014) ... Jacob Fuller
- Pandemonium (2014) ... Jacob Fuller
- Place of Dead Roads (2014) ... Jacob Fuller
Show all 10 episodes
That's the last 1.5 years. What exactly are you looking for? He's getting steady work all over the place.

Karak

I have always wanted him to be the heavy the true heavy in a long run tv show. I think he does his best work in that type of character and would be really interesting.

I see someone mentioned it above, but he's in the CBS show, Scorpion. He's kind of a major character too and that show was renewed I believe, so he's got solid work.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
He's had a decent career. Although I don't think it matters how good your performance is in The Terminator movies, only person who made a career out of it is Arnold...I could maybe make a case for Linda Hamilton too.

Kristanna Loken fell off way harder than Robert Patrick. Actually, it feels like that franchise has more career horror stories than successes.

His career is fine. It's just that nostalgia glasses for T2 prevent everyone from seeing that. It did probably block his access to other roles though, since typecasting as well as studios fearing 'overlap' is a real threat to a career. Or at least it used to be. These days that seems to be much less, but as a result performances tend to be more shallow as well, from my perspective.

DiscoJer

He always reminds me of Ray Liota. He occasionally gets big budget work, but mostly does a lot of crap/supporting roles.

He was in a season of The Sopranos as a gambling shitbag dad so there's that.

I thought he was going to be the next Gary Oldman but it turns out Gary just turned it up and had a great career.

These threads always make me laugh. They reveal that 1) people have no idea how to simply use imdb, and 2) that they have no idea that some actors' careers aren't made of constant highs.

Nose Master

He was in (and sucked) in the TV version of Dusk 'til Dawn. Well, he was fine, but what they turned his character into wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom