• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What happened to Shakira?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pants

So I drive to the store yesterday and hips don't lie comes up, then I realize I haven't heard anything new from her in what feels like 5 years. I'm not really into pop, but I've always appreciated her voice.

zOrK6uW_zps14f4c01b.gif

Really? She had the official Soccer song and a new CD came out not too long ago.

She is mostly judging the voice I think, busy with her little boy. She started to age with is unfortunate but it means that she will reach Milf Territory.

I loved Shakira, since her early years when she was basically Latin Alannis Morrissey

Edit: My God at that can gif

She's put out like three albums since "Hips Don't Lie," had an official World Cup song in 2010 and yeah, she was around for this year's too.

Actually forgot about The Voice, but I don't really watch.

People actually believed Shakira would make a sex tape? She's like the sweetest girl in the world.

There was a tape of young Shakira with Spaniard singer Alejandro Sans, she look drunk and flirty and had between eyes and was in his house. The tape never show much more than she talking. Maybe there's more.

Koodo

Banned
She had a successful spanish album in 2010, and middling english albums in 2009 and just recently this year.

I wish she would drop the english language, her music takes a drastic hit in quality in it.

NYR

She was literally was just one of the VIPs in the private suite at the world cup today, she is still around, America just moved on.

She makes shit music that no one cares about and needs to do other things like judge a singing show to stay somewhat relevant. Sounds a lot like J. Lo.

uh, she's done a lot since hips don't lie.

her biggest hit since then was waka waka. it was the song of the 2010 cup.

I listen to most of her stuff in spanish and she's had a bunch of hits. Loca, shewolf (loba), rabiosa, can't remember to forget you (nunca me acuerdo de olvidarte). She's always been a spanish artist, the songs your familiar with were crossovers

Didn't she go to a famous university here in the states for a while (UCLA?) using an alias? I remember seeing a story about it a few years ago and nobody on campus even recognized it was her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom