• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What if Hideo Kojima made a zombie game? Find out inside...

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Hmm, I think we'll hear the first bits of information about this new game during the "SNAKE VS ZOMBIE" conference at GHMs meeting/party in a few months which is featuring Mikami and Kojima... now it all makes sense.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
It'd be pretty cool to have an online zombie game where you start off as a person fleeing/finding weapons to kill them, and you gain things like speed and strength the more zombies you kill/the longer you stay unbitten.

When you are bitten you turn into a zombie, and have to bite a certain number of people to turn back into a human. But the stronger/faster the humans you bite, the quicker you turn back...likewise if you only prey on the weak, you'll be a zombie for a long time.

Here's how the actual conversation played out:

Edge Magazine 173 said:
Being a big Dawn of the Dead fan, you must have taken an interest in Capcom's game Dead Rising.
It's a great game. I played it during TGS but, again, didn't make it to the end of the demo.

Have you considered making a Zombie game yourself?
At least one. But the zombie idea I have is a bit different. I'm less interested in the idea of the living dead than the fact you can turn other people just by biting them - that would be a great game system! I know that such a game has already been released but I'd like to offer a truly online version. Imagine a large town where half the inhabitants are zombies. Users would subscribe, get inside the town and get bitten. At that stage they become undead and can't control their character - all they can do is modify the camera angles. They'd see their character attacking humans and have to pay just to watch! The only way they could end it is by opening another account, hunting themselves down and killing themselves. Of course, the problem is that your second character can get bitten as well.

That's quite an online business model you have there.
Indeed! If you can't get yourself killed then you can call a friend for help. 'Please kill my zombie - it's roaming at this address'. When the zombies outnumber the humans the game will end.

Seriously though..
To be honest there are just too many zombie games right now. Should I decide the timing's right, then I'll take some time to prepare one. Very seriously.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
If this was a downloadable game for $5, it might be a fun little experiment. Let's say the price of admission is only $1.00 per human. I'd drop $20, and run my human characters over to a high traffic bottleneck where I'd let them die. Then I'd just watch through the eyes of the living dead orgy I've created, and laugh at all the unfortunate souls who turned that wrong corner. "What the ****? 20 Zombie Gores?! Noooooooooooooooooo!".

I don't like Zombies, I like charisma and calculative evil in my villains. I will never understand zobmie love and probably won't later either

House Of the Dead series was fun, because of the cheesy lines and light gun action

I rarely play games with zombies in them, they actually turn me off

anyway, if he makes a Zombie game, I will most likely not play it

Top Bottom