• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is a woman? Matt Walsh's documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azurro

Banned
Has anyone else seen this? I thought he was going to be more confrontational but it's amazing how a few open ended questions make proponents of gender ideology go insane.

Here's the trailer:

I really recommend watching it, it shows to what degree western society has decayed in this aspect.

Edit: this might be a little too political, I'm not sure if it's ok to post this.

Last edited:

dr_octagon

Banned
The phrases 'my truth' and 'transphobic' hide the fact people support a male MMA fighter beating the shit out of a woman. Discouraging and forcing out female athletes and ask people not to criticise this. What a joke.

It's a shameful indictment on our society that this farce is categorised as scientific or educational. Being a biologist is a requirement to define a woman? Fuck off.

Asking some fair questions is seen as hostile and it shows the arguments of these idiots don't hold up. The pursuit of truth, being honest and a decent human being is not found in a hashtag or dying your hair. 🤡🌏

Last edited:

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
This is what is destroying America and fuelling the culture war in a nutshell. It's spreading in Canada, UK and other English speaking countries. All of these professors should be fired. Postmodernism is a cancer on society. I'm happy that Matt is showing these crazies as they are.

mortal

Gold Member
clutch-move-in-before-the-lock.gif

I'm a Daily Wire member but due to being busy with stuff, I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

I'm going to watch it tonight with friends.

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
This is only political in the sense that everything is political these days. Everything has to fall into "us vs them," leaving people like myself who have a strong dislike of both major US political parties (for various reasons that I won't be going into here) feeling politically homeless.

But when, how, and if we should allow and/or encourage children to transition is a pretty important thing for society to figure out. All of this still feels fairly new to most people, but if we get it wrong, it would be horrible for children and their future adult selves to pay the price due to our continued partisanship and intolerance to opposing thought.

Hopefully that was within the bounds of our current rules regarding politics.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister

Random links I found:

Random links I found:

Both sites seem to offer some good sources and serious studies on the issue. For example this one:

National Academy of Medicine in France Advises Caution in Pediatric Gender Transition​

The National Academy of Medicine in France has issued a press release in which it cautions medical practitioners that the growing cases of transgender identity in young people are often socially-mediated and that great caution in treatment is needed. The Academy draws attention to the fact that hormonal and surgical treatments carry health risks and have permanent effects, and that it is not possible to distinguish a durable trans identity from a passing phase of an adolescent's development.

Gasp, did they just say, "grooming" .... you don't say, France!

This is France's highest medical body, it advises the government on medical issues. It pretty much confirms what many have already suspected.
That being said, their press release has a lot of scientific weight, so statements like that are absolutely vital for those who want to back up their suspicions and seek to enable further discussion.

Saying that transgenderism is a social trend (probably enabled by social media and ideological influencing) can no longer be simply dismissed by claiming bigotry.

Last edited:

dr_octagon

Banned
This is France's highest medical body, it advises the government on medical issues. It pretty much confirms what many have already suspected.
That being said, their press release has a lot of scientific weight, so statements like that are absolutely vital for those who want to back up their suspicions and seek to enable further discussion.

Saying that transgenderism is a social trend (probably enabled by social media and ideological influencing) can no longer be simply dismissed by claiming bigotry.
It's offensive also to those who want to live a normal life without being propped as a social talking point. This has real life implications. Trying to discuss and calling out people who are at best "questionable" is not anti anything.

Social media has been an enabler and the negative consequences are being seen. Funnily enough, that doesn't get equal coverage.

Jsisto

I’d really be interested to watch this but I sure as hell ain’t subscribing to the daily wire for one video. Oh well.

Tieno

Seems interesting but I can’t stand Shapiro agro takes, not gonna support his business. Can’t stand agro tubers.

Last edited:

Mistake

Watched it this morning. As someone who taught kids for several years, this is a real hot button issue with me. If you’re not familiar with Walsh’s content, some of the things covered will be pretty shocking.

The documentary was fairly balanced when it came to showing all sides, with enough humor to offset the negative points, and ended off in a way that didn’t leave me ticked.

GeekyDad

Totally get it, but it is antagonistic nonetheless.

I was gonna say, "just let nature take its course," but being antagonistic is also a part of nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom