• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is a woman? Matt Walsh's documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azurro

Banned
I’d really be interested to watch this but I sure as hell ain’t subscribing to the daily wire for one video. Oh well.

I did because I just found the snippets fascinating. The question is just really about how this movement is really empty at the core.

I disagree with Matt Walsh on plenty of things, but I like his style on this topic. He just lets people hang themselves with their own responses.

I mean, the most typical answer is "it's just a social construct", but even those have definitions and the origins of the ideology are nasty.

nush

Gold Member
Best line: A woman isn’t a costume you can just put on.

Really made me think.
giphy.gif

Aggrotek

Actually kind of surprised at the positive reaction here. I think documentary highlights a lot of issues the left has with rationalizing their positions. Definitions matter and if your words that are the foundation of your ideology cannot be defined, what do you actually believe?

dr_octagon

Banned
Actually kind of surprised at the positive reaction here. I think documentary highlights a lot of issues the left has with rationalizing their positions. Definitions matter and if your words that are the foundation of your ideology cannot be defined, what do you actually believe?
Exactly, if you can't clearly define words or your position then you are building on sand. Even if people disagree, a basic level of decorum and setting out your ideas and arguments is expected. They skip over the fundamentals.

Q. What is truth / man / woman?

A. Well, it depends on [15 mins of bullshit response talking about potato farms and cultural norms in other countries and irrelevant references to history] ... so I think it's simple but I don't think there is a clear answer.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It might be ((fascinating)) but the guy and people behind them are almost fascists. As for the term, I don't care, I am just interested in cis women, but do I care for other people existing on gender spectrum? No, why would I.

There were trans surgeries done even during bolshevik era here, it's nothing new, nobody cared then and nobody cares now, as in they are free to exist.

The one thing I hate is putting this behind a paywall. "We've got this important information to release that can help the ungluing of society! It will be $9,99 recurring monthly"

Shapiro is a grifter. There are far better right wing voices. Doesn't change that the content in this piece is good. Wait for the Bitchute drop, download and share it.

Aggrotek

The one thing I hate is putting this behind a paywall. "We've got this important information to release that can help the ungluing of society! It will be $9,99 recurring monthly"

Shapiro is a grifter. There are far better right wing voices. Doesn't change that the content in this piece is good. Wait for the Bitchute drop, download and share it.
I would be willing to bet they remove the paywall for this one after a couple months.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
In one of the interviews he asked about truth and the person responded by saying “I don’t like that question, I find it deeply transphobic.”

And that response struck me. I realized that whenever there is something on this topic people don’t like, it’s always “deeply transphobic” or someone’s a “rabid transphobe” or “viciously bigoted” etc. And then I realized I don’t think I’ve ever heard someone accused of being mildly transphobic or a belief being borderline transphobia. The most extreme reactions are always used and with the greatest hyperbole.

And I’ve come to realize that is not by accident. To acquire the amount of power this ideology has acquired in such a short amount of time, hyperbole needs to be used and abused as much as possible. A narrative needs to be created that you’re literally “committing genocide”(a popular one) if you ask questions or release a documentary asking questions. It’s a clever tactic to get spineless weak people in power to acquiesce at every turn. Make them believe anyone who questions said ideology is pure evil and wants to exterminate an entire demographic.

You don’t see this type of hyperbole with any other subject. Think about it. Even something as sensitive as race, all the time I’ll see people go “I see what you’re saying,but that can be mistaken or seen as bordering on racism.” You’ll never get that response with the gender stuff. Ever. It’s always right to “extremely vile transphobia!!” No matter how milquetoast a question.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
In just a few short years people went from freaking out over a married with children “ah peace and quiet, #adaywithoutawoman” joke in the name of defending women, to thinking women should have to beat biological men in sport to get recognition and refer to them as “pregnant people”

Quite a world we live in, eh?

SpiceRacz

It might be ((fascinating)) but the guy and people behind them are almost fascists. As for the term, I don't care, I am just interested in cis women, but do I care for other people existing on gender spectrum? No, why would I.

There were trans surgeries done even during bolshevik era here, it's nothing new, nobody cared then and nobody cares now, as in they are free to exist.

You should watch the documentary and their content before making statements like this.

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
How so?

When making blanket statements, at least try to elaborate.
That's probably not a statement that should be elaborated on with the no politics rule in effect, and that also means it's probably not a statement / accusation that should have been made. It might be best to just keep it to the subject at hand.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
How so?

qRBTchP.png

(10) Best selling LGBT children's author Matt Walsh (@MattWalshBlog) / Twitter

I know that this can be discarded as a joke, but listen to few videos of his buddy Michael Knowles, Shapiro, that bald guy. It's all anti-abortion, anti-LGBT, southern-border attacked, Trump good, tyrical government, man your guns, etc.

You should watch the documentary and their content before making statements like this.
Sure I will watch it for free sometimes.

Last edited:

Drew1440

How so?

Fascist = someone who politics I don't like. It's a word that has lost all meaning amongst others and is why we cannot have a sensible politics discussion online.
As for the daily wire, I do watch some of their clips online and whist they make good stuff, it's OK not to agree with them on everything, same as watching Crowder, Rogan or Peterson.
Regarding the documentary, I doubt it will change anything much as its gonna be a battle for the parents. These detrans stories are heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom