• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is happening to the moderation here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I lost my keys and compared it to the displacement of Aboriginals in Australia.

I often compare not being allowed a parking spot near the front of the store as a greater struggle than Mandela.

Britain's Got Talent is more culturally relevant than the Nuremberg trials.

People who litter should be harpooned like the Japanese do with the whales.

Being stuck indoors during Covid allowed me to understand Hitler's last days in his bunker.
Don’t you think using these example in a joking matter is quite different then in a regular conversation?
Everything can be funny in the right context.
Image telling a concentration camp surviver whose telling his story at the thanksgiving table that „Britain's Got Talent is more culturally relevant than the Nuremberg trials“. Context.

@OP. Sadly the community, like US politics, split in two. So you have a super sjw group or the other side of the spectrum.
There was a time where Gaf was kinda in the middle, but that is behind us I feel.

KrakenIPA

I couldn't have put it better. Someone needs to add this to the title!
That's a great idea! Maybe I'll make a new thread to contact a mod about it 🥴

What do y'all think would happen if they made the report button the ignore button? Complete chaos or pure order? Hey, I know, I'll make a new thread with a poll 🥴

Fbh

giphy.gif

You get reported! And you get reported! And you get reported!
Everyone gets reported!

Mossybrew

I've never used the report function. I'll either ignore dumb shit, mock it with my own dumb shit, or just ignore the poster if its something really egregious.

FunkMiller

I lost my keys and compared it to the displacement of Aboriginals in Australia.

I often compare not being allowed a parking spot near the front of the store as a greater struggle than Mandela.

Britain's Got Talent is more culturally relevant than the Nuremberg trials.

People who litter should be harpooned like the Japanese do with the whales.

Being stuck indoors during Covid allowed me to understand Hitler's last days in his bunker.

I feel SEEN.

Sad Cry GIF

Last edited:

zeorhymer

Don’t you think using these example in a joking matter is quite different then in a regular conversation?
Image telling a concentration camp surviver whose telling his story at the thanksgiving table that „Britain's Got Talent is more culturally relevant than the Nuremberg trials“. Context.

@OP. Sadly the community, like US politics, split in two. So you have a super sjw group or the other side of the spectrum.
There was a time where Gaf was kinda in the middle, but that is behind us I feel.
What the hell are you talking about? We all know what a joke is, but damn your "theoretical" is so bad. No one will ever imagine what you're describing, but you. Taking a joke and making a counter point so extreme that it goes beyond rational common sense. You even missed the context of the joke and it's purpose.

As far as I know, GAF is slightly left of center. The radical left has gone so far left that everything else is "far right."

BigBooper

Lol, if any Gaf members are holocaust survivors that would be very impressive.

OP is just uneducated or inexperienced.
1. Doesn't know what Anti-Semetic means.
2. Lacks reading comprehension.
3. Is unable to debate without being overcome by emotions and hurt feelings.

Might need an option to disable the report button for particular users.

Last edited:

dr_octagon

Banned
OP could have spent their time campaigning against discrimination. They chose not to, therefore, ergo proxy, they a supporter of facism.

Go learn the Geneva Conversation. We hold these truths to be self evident, every, the, all men are, they apply to us. You know the thing.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Hello,

Today I used the report function three times.

1) For a person that compared the pressure of being anti vax to the jews being followed in the second world war ( https://www.neogaf.com/threads/covi...fauci-edition.1608887/page-231#post-265134179 )

2) The same person for calling for violence and people that want a vaccination mandate to be culled the next day. Yes those are this person's words (https://www.neogaf.com/threads/covi...fauci-edition.1608887/page-231#post-265134287 )

3) A different person in a different thread insulting people as idiots, dumb asses and people that can't read ( https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-...ng-black-friday.1624941/page-3#post-265135071 )

And what happens? I get a warning and three points for using the report function while those posts still stand?

I hope this is a single moderator that is doing this and not reflective of the entire moderation staff who are doing this hard work voluntarely?

It would be very much appreciated if the moderators could look into this. I don't want to cause drama, but since I can't see who is handing out these infraction points I can't talk to them in PM.

Thank you for your time and understanding.
The First 2 posts are fine. People shouldnt get moderated for making analogies, even bad ones which this one was not. He was also not calling for violence, he literally fucking said that he has gotten vaccinated. He said IF you force vaccines on people there will be violence. The culling comment is meh. It's neither here nor there. You are reading too much into this.

The last guy said dumbass and you got triggered. Come on. This is a forum for grown ups. You sound like you are from era.

Maybe if the guy was having a meltdown like Derktron calling everyone fanboys and morons, he would get banned just like DErktron did a couple of days ago. So clearly, mods dont allow it. What happened with you is that you went all report happy and became the boy who cried wolf. Had you shown some restraint when you were in a discussion with the first guy, the second guy might have been moderated. Even then, i dont think a dumbass insult is worth a ban. Maybe a small warning.

Regardless, this forum isnt for you if you think any of those three posts are worth a ban. The fact that you goaded that guy into making another comment while reporting him behind his back is despicable two faced bullshit.

Cyberpunkd

There is no way this is happening. Evilore build this community upon respecting each others opinions and values input and differences.
Considering how many people with alternate logic are still posting in Covid thread each day I would actually say EviLore EviLore is the beacon of respect and democracy on the Internet.

NickFire

A thread about being insufferable and still not getting your way?

Is this what passes for horror stories with the younger crowd?

What's the sequel going to be about? Let me guess - hmm - my guess is how only a horrible mother packs regular milk for lunch instead of chocolate or strawberry milk!

AJUMP23

I was supposed to get Fiber installed in my house today, but the tech hasn’t shown up yet, the waiting is worse than British imposing taxes on colonies without representation. Going to go dump some AT&T into the harbor.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Hello,

Today I used the report function three times.

1) For a person that compared the pressure of being anti vax to the jews being followed in the second world war ( https://www.neogaf.com/threads/covi...fauci-edition.1608887/page-231#post-265134179 )

2) The same person for calling for violence and people that want a vaccination mandate to be culled the next day. Yes those are this person's words (https://www.neogaf.com/threads/covi...fauci-edition.1608887/page-231#post-265134287 )

3) A different person in a different thread insulting people as idiots, dumb asses and people that can't read ( https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-...ng-black-friday.1624941/page-3#post-265135071 )

And what happens? I get a warning and three points for using the report function while those posts still stand?

I hope this is a single moderator that is doing this and not reflective of the entire moderation staff who are doing this hard work voluntarely?

It would be very much appreciated if the moderators could look into this. I don't want to cause drama, but since I can't see who is handing out these infraction points I can't talk to them in PM.

Thank you for your time and understanding.
I'm sure by this point in time it's been addressed to you already -- this is a gaming forum. Finding things which offend you in Off-Topic threads and then attempting to humiliate fellow members is not the appropriate way to react to something so...unimportant. Keep things like this in private or try writing one of the members to discuss in a civil way...or...

Play some games, take out the aggression there, gnaw the edge of the controller a bit to take the edge off and have a nice day.

~Cheers!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Would any of you guys call me anti-semite if I told you right now I got some snow last few days and I care more about putting a cover over my AC unit in the backyard, and I got to head out one of these days and buy some driveway salt vs. holocaust?

There was a demented (literally) Aussie ivermectin astronaut that frequented the COVID thread talking about how it was all like Nazis. He got taken out to pasture eventually, moderation finds a way.

T8SC

I've got two things to say on the matter, one for both sides of the "discussion".

1: None of those 3 posts needed reported, IMO. Maybe they could've been worded better but not everyone is native English and not everyone has the time to type out an essay to explain something.

2: Those saying "goto Resetera" should ease off, there's no need to make someone feel unwelcome and point them to that cesspit just because of a few reported posts.

Peace.

Whitecrow

Banned
Even GAF has not fine-tuned the line between what should be allowed and what not.

The B-side of free-speech and high tolerance is just what you described, we can see a lot of un-respectful posts.

I would advice you Ellery Ellery to forget the idea of GAF having a perfect moderation for everyone. You are not the first to complain, and wont be the last.

None of those posts were as awful as you make out. Heated debate and tongue in cheek remarks to prove a point is how I took them.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Again, I think this also comes down to where you're setting expectations at with a Gaming forum.

Off-Topic threads that border on political or just not of great value don't merit your reason for this Account Suicide thread. As someone pointed out above already -- you could have added a bit more flare to this like Kretos.

Blasted green rats ruin everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom