• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the worst farming/grinding you've had to do in a game to get an item?

cr0w

Old Member
Not necessarily 'farming' per se, but I sat in the same spot for months on end trying to get the Time-Lost Proto-Drake and Phosphorescent Stone Drake mounts in WoW. I don't even want to think about how many hours it took. Eventually got 'em both, but damn that was a grind.

I actually kind of hate myself for putting as much time into that game as I did.

Yoritomo

Dark Age of Camelot - Cloudsong

That's sort of a lie because I could farm it solo (Minstrel with buffed orange pet) but it was difficult to get, since it was a timed pop and not a guaranteed drop.
The real answer is the 100% quality crafted gemmed armor set I had from daoc.

mrblonde2099

Neo Member
Crissaegrim in Castlevania: SotN. Some playthroughs it takes about 30 mins to drop, others it takes hours. I can't move on without getting it though.

Varjis

EverQuest is really the only answer.

I camped the Jboots originally in Najena for like, almost a full day, and could NOT get them to drop when I was next in line.

Farmed Raster of Guk for my ROTLC for like. I don't even know. days of real time (spread out though).

Finally, went back when they introduced Fabled vanilla mobs, camped my Fabled Jboots for something like 50 straight hours. literally passed out on my keyboard while it was my turn to loot, woke up and they were all screaming for me to wake up or someone else was going to loot them, almost missed em.

I can't think of anything as grindy as EQ. Now Trials of Atlantis in DAoC with its damn Master Levels and Artifacts came the closest to me...

Kieli

Vindinctus has a horrendous grind for end-game gear. I decided to grind all the materials for the Blackhammer set. Got it, and burned out of the game. Never went back.

Unfortunate because I was immensely enjoying it up until then. But holy fuck, the mat grinding was atrocious.

Top Bottom