• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Is Your Favorite Resident Evil Duo?

Johndoey

Banned
I'd kill for a completely new Resident Evil with Leon and Claire together as the leads. They're pretty much my favorite characters in the series.

I liked Sherry & Jake though.

Skeeter49

No love for Steve? /s

latest
I wish Steve returned in future games, but for most of CVX, Steve was trash.

He does have some good moments.

joe2187

Banned
Damn there ain't no love for the new kids

I liked Helena alot, but Leons attitude with her was kind of fucked up, Helena is over here grieving about her sister and potentially betraying her country and causing a global catastrophe and Leons just "Ada? WHERE!?...I HAVE TO ARREST/FUCK HER!"

Jake and sherry grew on me, and Moira is just top cheesecake.

Leon and Claire (RE2)

I think both had the perfect balance of vulnerability and determination. An inexperienced cop and the lesser known sister of an action hero seem like an unlikely duo to survive a zombie apocalypse. Yet it's because of that, that they're rooted for to survive. They're the underdogs. It also helps that they had relationships to flesh them out through the game, what with Leon and Ada falling for each other, and Claire being a mother figure for Sherry. They felt the most believable out of the series' protagonists.

Skeeter49

I mean Piers has the best sendoff in the series, but he starts off too generic and boring.

Shame, they do great stuff with him late game.

Opposite for Helena. Starts off strong, starts splintering off around the middle.

kunonabi

Cindy and George

As far as mainline stuff goes my answer is Jill and Carlos. Im also partial to Rebecca/Billy and Jake/Sherry.

These are the pairs with the best chemistry and the most interesting dynamics. Hell, Rebecca and Billy's relationship is the only part of Zero's story that isnt total trash. Jake and Sherry are the only RE6 pair where both characters are likable and interesting which was a shock considering how poorly Wesker's son and super powered Sherry could have gone. Jill and Carlos was the most natural and the most like something you would see in an actual zombie movie.

aly

In no order

Leon-Claire
Leon-Hunnigan
Chris- Sheva
Chris- Piers
Jake- Sherry

I really hope Sheva gets into another game.

Jawmuncher

What I do think is funny that everyone's favorite "Leon" at this point really couldn't be in a scary game. Government agent with too much suplexes, kung-fu, and other crazy training. Much like Chris. If he was in the Baker Estate he'd have just demolished them.

strafer

What I do think is funny that everyone's favorite "Leon" at this point really couldn't be in a scary game. Government agent with too much suplexes, kung-fu, and other crazy training. Much like Chris. If he was in the Baker Estate he'd have just demolished them.

RE5 would fuck up the first zombie

kunonabi

My favorite Leon is Re2 Leon. I cant stand kung fu asshole Leon at all.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
All the pairings in RE2 were great to me.

Leon and Claire (even though their stories are technically separated, I consider them a duo since they occupy the same story and cross paths several times).
Leon and Ada.
Claire and Sherry.

Unmatched for me.

Skeeter49

Jill has cool moments, but as a character she's so boring.

There is very little interesting about her.

Unless you read the books, they salvage the character who started off so bland.

kuYuri

Leon and Claire.

Leon's very gruff and serious exterior is a stark contrast to Claire's less serious personality, up until Revelations 2 at least. Claire's wink is also the best, most iconic trait about her. :3

BadWolf

Jill has cool moments, but as a character she's so boring.

There is very little interesting about her.

Unless you read the books, they salvage the character who started off so bland.

They had a chance to flesh her out in Rev1 but totally screwed it up.

Hopefully she get's a proper showing (ala Leon, Sherry etc.) in a mainline entry or at the very least Revelations 3.

Top Bottom