• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What kind of bread do you buy?

INC

Half and half loaf

But still get tiger bread for toast, brown bread does shit toast

Last edited:

Fbh

I don't eat bread very frequently. I usually just buy some pita bread from a local bakery and then freeze it.
It doesn't take up much space, the taste and texture is pretty nice even after defrosting it and I like to make sandwiches with them.

I think the reason I'm not fat despite not exercising much or dieting is that I'm not into bread and sweet things.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

I usually buy rye bread:
ruoka_ruisleip_viipaleita-682x660.jpg

51fbb39c-989f-4fde-bd88-bedaf24cb487.png

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I buy cheap bread. As long as it's that extra soft variety. I don't even eat bread that often.

But for burgers the past couple years, I've been ponying up and buying brioche buns. Such a good difference.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I had too google this dave bread and it's actually sold in Canada through distribution from Weston (Loblaws). RCSS has it for $5.28 per loaf.

At some point when I buy bread (I got to get through this $1 bag of store bought french bread), I will commit to paying over $5 for this.

It better be good. I can buy 5 loaves of the cheap shit for the same price.

Got to say, the name and logo alone is awesome.

Last edited:

Jeeves

Typically just whatever Italian-style sliced bread the store has.

Other options are Orowheat's country white, potato bread, sourdough, or buttermilk bread.

I can choke down wheat bread, but it really doesn't taste good to me.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Awesome. Buy 2 bags of Dave's bread and get a free dimebag!

Second Chance Project

Dave's Killer Bread's "Second Chance Project" is a commitment from the company to employ people with criminal backgrounds. They also run the Dave's Killer Bread Foundation to help other companies adopt similar policies.[5]

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Awesome. Buy 2 bags of Dave's bread and get a free dimebag!

Second Chance Project

Dave's Killer Bread's "Second Chance Project" is a commitment from the company to employ people with criminal backgrounds. They also run the Dave's Killer Bread Foundation to help other companies adopt similar policies.[5]
Ngl that is GOOD bread. It's expensive but damn it's worth it.

Loki

Count of Concision
For white bread, this is very good - waaaay better than Wonder. Wonder started having a lot of air in each slice after the recession of 2008 and it's only gotten worse. These slices are dense and heavy:

Arnold%20Brick%20Oven%20White.png

Darkmakaimura

A few days ago I got some Dave's Killer Bread again literally because this thread reminded me of it.

I don't know what this dude did to end up in prison, but his bread is freaking the best.

Last edited:

Durask

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Ezekiel is good.

This here is more of a local thing.

Also, this stuff is pretty good IMHO.

I've seen that Ezekiel bread before. I'm all in for supporting good people of faith and I'll have to give that a try.

Speaking of which but somewhat off topic, we also get the Kedem grape juice which is overseen by Orthodox Jews.

GeekyDad

A few days ago I got some Dave's Killer Bread again literally because this thread reminded me of it.

I don't know what this dude did to end up in prison, but his bread is freaking the best.

Seriously? I'm not up on my news. Will have to look that up.

But yeah, excellent bread.

EDIT: Nvm, looks like that was before he founded his products.

Last edited:
Local Vietnamese bakery does a "hi tin" bread that utterly kicks ass and has waaay less carbs. Other than that country grains type wholegrain bread

Thaedolus

Ezekiel_Sprouted_Grain_Bread.jpg
OIP.MRCnOAlSS5mEZUjTRYV4fQHaN5
orgSourdough.png

also, every now and then i'll get some fresh bakery bread that was just baked and spread some butter on it, mm mm.

I found that sliced sourdough when the first pandemic panic cleared out most the bread aisle and what a revelation that was.

Lupingosei

Banned
bfo-produkte-brot-10.jpg

Something that we call Holzofenbrot. Made in a real oven, bought at the local bakery. It is dark bread and you can keep it for several days.

butterzopf.jpg

And like most Swiss from the German-speaking part. This for the weekend. A Butterzopf. Also from the local bakery.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
I like muesli bread.

EuTJIah.png

And of course Focaccia.. dipped in extra virgin olive oil, and with Parmesan cheese wrapped in Prosciutto at the side.

..and when with freshly fished and cooked crab meat and mayo on top; French Parisian bread.

But I can handle most things bread, preferably with as much fiber as possible and as little sugar as possible..

Last edited:

Paltheos

I eat allot of different types, but my bread of choice at home is Beefsteak's seedless rye. The brand actually disappeared for a while until a few years ago. Glad they're back.

51E30CH5M6L._SX342_.jpg

Last edited:
white bagged grocery sandwich bread.. its decent if it has a bit of firmness to it

but all bagged grocery breads are freakishly soft because they use industrial dough conditoners

bagels

i also bake my own fancy artisan bread (70+% hydration levels, you gotta be a goddamn master with your hands) with stone and steam and when these bitches come out of the oven they dont even need butter (especially if hydration levels are sub 100%)

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Waitrose sourdough for me, like a posh cunt. Normal white sliced bread bores me to tears.

teezzy

Banned
Recently been reacquainted with my love of marble rye.

I've grown out of my Hillbilly bread lust and have no issue splurging for that extra good good

Detroit-Marble.png

This Detroit Marble specifically...

This Michigan Bread company does it up man, big pimpin'

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Recently been reacquainted with my love of marble rye.

I've grown out of my Hillbilly bread lust and have no issue splurging for that extra good good

Detroit-Marble.png

This Detroit Marble specifically...

This Michigan Bread company does it up man, big pimpin'

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

If that didn’t taste like a cheap chocolate babka I would be so disappointed

Top Bottom