• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Damn it, Eggo is discontinuing Frozen French Toast

dave_d

Title says it all. Yeah I'm the guy who was buying it, I'd eat it once a week. Anyway Eggo is discontinuing it because of low sales. Oh they still have french toast sticks which are as far as I can tell pancakes shaped like a piece of bread.(That's not the same.) Guess when my supply runs out I'm going to have to make my own frozen version of it. (I'm guessing it'll taste better but be way less convenient.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You have an air fryer? You can buy some old Italian bread (stale bread is actually great for French toast) slice it, dip it in beaten eggs / cinnamon, then just freeze it like that. You can separate slices with some parchment or wax paper so they don't stick, or place flat in a freezer bag.

Anyway, they freeze like that and you can throw them in a hot air fryer... they cook fast. No pre-cooking needed. Also works with old hamburger buns or english muffins... really any kind of bread.

dave_d

You have an air fryer? You can buy some old Italian bread (stale bread is actually great for French toast) slice it, dip it in beaten eggs / cinnamon, then just freeze it like that. You can separate slices with some parchment or wax paper so they don't stick, or place flat in a freezer bag.

Anyway, they freeze like that and you can throw them in a hot air fryer... they cook fast. No pre-cooking needed. Also works with old hamburger buns or english muffins... really any kind of bread.
Yes I have one. That sounds like a decent idea. I did see whole foods sells something like it but maybe this is the way to go. At least I can make a bunch of it at once.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
09c2b359b5da84fc918d2fe632a9af01_medium.png

Top Bottom