• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What midtier games would you like to see get a remaster or sequel?

Malyse

I can think of a few "good, not great" games that I would like to see given another shot:

• White Knight Chronicles (PS3 JRPG)
  • Infinite Undiscovery (360 JRPG)
  • The Last Remnant (360/PC JRPG)
  • Chaos Rings Trilogy + Chaos Rings Omega (mobile/vita JRPG)
  • Rogue Ops (PS2 spy action)
  • Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii JRPG)
Also, like a ton of games from the DS and 3DS, like Another Code and Sands of Destruction.

None of these are particularly great games, but they were fun for what they were and I wouldn't mind seeing them again .

Who knows? Maybe there's another potential Nier Automata out there.

Shadio

El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron.

It had a pretty unique art direction that could benefit from a bit of remastering, like Okami.

Orb

White Day. Game had a ton of potential, but there were so many small flaws that built up and made it just "okay". But a sequel has the chance to really use that potential.

Does it count when it's already confirmed to have a sequel coming? :p

Anything weird like Killer7, El Shaddai, Ninja Blade, Otogai, Jumping Flash, Earthworm Jim, Viewtiful Joe, God Hand, Clock Tower etc

Breakdowncover.jpg

C.Mongler

Mad World, No More Heroes Collection (1 was brought to PS3, but 2 is still on Wii), Red Steel Collection, Excitebots/trucks, Tasunoko vs Capcom

Some of these may stray into the 'great' field, but I just want some remastered Wii games, okay?

Freddo

Steambot Chronicles (PS2)

There actually was a sequel in the works for the PS3, but it got cancelled. So I guess I would settle for a remaster of the original game now.

While I still think its a great game, Rule of Rose. It's one of those games that actually really deserves a remake because there's a lot of gameplay jank that turns most people away from the fantastic atmosphere and narrative that could be fixed.

gngf123

The Last Remnant PC already fixed so many things, if they had just continued bug fixing the game could've been up there with Square Enix's best in my opinion.

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter

Very unique and interesting gameplay that was very divisive and mostly condemned at the time, I'd think the modern gaming environment is a lot more accepting of such a radical and unforgiving system.

killatopak

Medievil
Legend of Legaia
Dark Cloud
Mana Khemia
Ar Tonelico
MS Saga
Baten Kaitos
Fatal Frame
Megaman Command Mission
Maximo
Resonance of Fate
Pandora's Tower
Legend of Dragoon

There's a bazillion more but that's the ones on the top of my head.

Pein

Banned
Asura's wrath

The spectacle of it all at 4k would be great

Enslaved

just because performance of it on 360 or PS3 was less then ideal

Venture

Love to see a sequel to the Overlord series. Really fun and unique games.

Overlord_Halfling_Loot.jpg

Also a remake of G-Police with modern technology could be really amazing.

Not sure if Spec-Ops is mid-tier but I'd LOVE a spiritual sequel to it. Maybe in Vietnam or something. Some real crazy Apocalypse Now shit.

Oooo... yes....

Also: Alpha Protocol / Brutal Legend / Sacred (2 pref) / Dungeon Siege / Revenant ...

Aaaaaaannndddd...

BURNOUT REVENGE PLEASE GOD

kurahador

Lollipop Chainsaw (360/PS3) - A sequel would be awesome. This game has such ridiculous premise and bizarre sense of humor that I'd love to see more of.
Binary Domain (PC/360/PS3) - God I really want a sequel to this. The story, characters and twist at the end remain one of my fondest memory of last gen.
Radiata Stories (PS2) - Held up really well even today and I especially love the humor. A PS2 on PS4 release would be great.
Nostalgia (DS) - I'd love a remake of this like Radiant Historia got for 3DS. This game is so damn good and would be even better if voiced.

Spec Ops: The Line - The more people play this insanely powerful deconstruction of war videogames and war itself the better. So powerful and shocking.

WET - The gameplay was simply bonkers, and the style was basically Tarantino on crack. I never understood the warm reception this game got when plenty rougher games get praised to hell and back.

Remember Me - Ironic title in hindsight, but slapping "by the makers of Life Is Strange" on the cover would sell enough to justify it. Fantastic atmosphere and very spectacular ideas, not a masterpiece but enjoyable start to finish with some truly unique concepts with the memory manipulation.

Crashday - Burnout, Carmageddon and Trackmania once got a baby together, and its name was Crashday. Maybe it wasn't as good in single aspects as those other 3 monsters, but it was an insanely enjoyable package overall that should have been bigger than it was.

Beta Stage

Neo Member
I would love to see the Legacy of Goku series remade as one game. Or just rework the gameplay of LoG1 and touch up the graphics of all 3 and rerelease them on the 3ds eshop. Please, Bandai Namco :[.

Top Bottom