• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

What Shenmue 3 would look like

Lumpy Onion

Dec 11, 2008
lol before even watching the vid I knew it would be about Sleeping Dogs. Game totally gives me a Shenmue 2 vibe.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Aug 27, 2011
sooo is sleeping dogs actually good for shenmue fans or is it just gta in a new setting.
Yakuza is much more in line with Shenmue. I'd compare Sleeping Dogs to Just Cause 2 before I compared it to Shenmue.

GhaleonEB

Jun 7, 2004
Oregon
Love the QTE command with like, eight different buttons on it.

I lost it at the motorcycle bit. Well done parody, it got all the details right, down to the incredibly awkward questioning.

Haunted

Nov 16, 2006
brb crying myself to sleep right now

Having never played Shenmue, how big a stretch/satire were the 6-7 button QTE's?
The chase scene was perfect. The fight not so much, Shenmue has regular freeform combat. QTE fights had cuts and different angles like a cutscene.

Count of Monte Sawed-Off

un33dab@dpu$$y
Mar 18, 2008
Good to see he finally got rid of that bandage, but why go back to Hong Kong?

Wei Shen is the anti-Ryo. He bangs most of the girls he comes across.

Revoh

Jul 16, 2010

Don't play with our hearts, OP.

ferr

Aug 23, 2006
it has all the slow-paced awkward dialogue I loved in the original. <3

.....i found the mirror.

brumx

Jan 21, 2006
I hope not I think Shenmue engine is fine its still better looking than alot games out today. I prefer the DC look not modern for Shenmue.

Shinta

Banned
May 14, 2012
Hilarious and painful.

Though the QTE during normal combat was just dumb.

Agreed. It was funny at first but they overused the joke by the end. Not to mention, Sleeping Dogs still has QTEs, and they're fun. They were fun in Shenmue too.

Other than that, funny video. Playing through the game, I definitely thought of Shenmue 3 more than once.