• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Simpsons gag/joke gets you every single time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whogie

gVoxFrr.gif

BowieZ

Banned
God damn what I wouldn't give to be able to watch classic Simpsons again for the first time... and not the 63rd time.

vypek

I didn't look at all pages to see if it was posted by the bit with Homer trying to dump Moe's car where he bails out and manages to roll back in perfectly.

Robot Pants

I always liked "Here are two free passes to Euro Itchy and Scratchy Land"

"But there are five of us."

"Here are TWO free passes."

"That's better."

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
There's a disproportionate amount of Unitarian jokes in The Simpsons, and having grown up a Unitarian they always amuse me greatly. I think most people probably don't get them, lol.

I can name two off the top of my head that I haven't seen yet:

1. When Homer gets so excited, he can't dial the phone properly and has to pace himself
2. The Mabliu Stacy with Spider-Man's voice.

I know it's not just me who actually can "hear" the ice cream truck's song playing all fast when I see these pics.

There's also one that I can't find on Frinkiac, where in the swimming pool episode, after the pool mobile leaves (or possibly after the ice cream truck that's all of out ice cream--it's true, you know--passes by), a chili truck rolls by. They cut it from syndication, so it's really rare to see.

Ristifer

Ramones-Simpsons.jpg

"Go to hell, you old bastard."
"Hey! I think they liked us!"

Mr. Burns: "Have the Rolling Stones killed."
Smithers: "But sir, those aren't--"
Mr. Burns: "Do as I say!"

This kills me every single time.

Homer building a grille is I think my favorite Simpsons gag.

"Gotta build fast, cement drying!
Oh... English side ruined! Must... use... French Instructions!

LE GRILLE? WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?"

Then Marge asks Bart how Homer's doing and you just see him screaming as he charges at his cement mess with an umbrella, and after he hits it he falls on his ass. Just thinking about his charge makes me grin.

Also the line "Rawr rawr rawr, no one understands you, She-Bear," was a recurring joke between my friend and I for a long, long time.

Sayers

Don't remember the exact wording but:

Marge: "Homer, the plant called and said if you don't show up for work tomorrow then don't bother coming in on Monday."

Homer: "Whoohoo! Four-day weekend!"

Also:

Wiggum: "I can assure you that the police do not take prisoners out of their cells and race them . . . anymore."

Robot Pants

I know it's not just me who actually can "hear" the ice cream truck's song playing all fast when I see these pics.

There's also one that I can't find on Frinkiac, where in the swimming pool episode, after the pool mobile leaves (or possibly after the ice cream truck that's all of out ice cream--it's true, you know--passes by), a chili truck rolls by. They cut it from syndication, so it's really rare to see.

BOILIN HOT TEXAS-STYLE GINGER ALE!

https://frinkiac.com/caption/S06E01/146713
search for boilin hot

Apathy

Homer: The evening began at the gentlemen's club, where we were discussing Wittgenstein over a game of backgammon.

Scully: Mr. Simpson, it's a felony to lie to the FBI.

Homer: We were sitting in Barney's car eating packets of mustard. Happy?

Tremis

This man does his research.
You took mine.

I think the one that gets me hardest is during Skinner's lunch with Chalmers (steamed hams), when his kitchen starts catching fire and he walks into it and immediately back out.

Steamed hams kills me. Any scene with Chalmers and Skinner are gold.

vypek

Steamed hams kills me. Any scene with Chalmers and Skinner are gold.

There is a particular scene where Chalmers thinks Skinner is injured/dead that always gets me. And the fact that ChalmSkin productions continues on is also pretty good

I always loved the revelation that the cracker factory where Milhouse's dad works is a Willy Wonka-esque funland

https://youtu.be/QqXg0azHJz0
"Crackers are a family food, Kirk. Happy families. Perhaps single people eat crackers, we don't know. It's a market we can do without."

"So that's it? After all these years, so long, good luck?"

"I don't remember saying good luck."

(Probably not exact phrasing I didn't want to look it up/wanted to test memory)

Off the top of my head

"It's kurns stupid !"

"I'm a man of few words...... Any questions?"

I've been calling her 'Crandall'

Those are just the he threw that immediately pipes I to minds and there are countless others

Menitta

"If this horse doesn't win, we're taking a trip to the glue factory, and he won't get to come!"

Also:

"What is this? Toyota Previa? "
"Dodge Caravan"
"Sweeeet."

Homer singing:

🎶I guess I forgot to put the fog lights in🎶

To the tune of the cereal tv jingle "Can't get enough of that Sugar Crisp" always makes me laugh out loud. It never gets old.

cormack12

Gold Member
What's the one where Abe is telling a story about being severely injured then says 'I was out jitterbugging that same night. Of course folk were tougher back in them days'. Always gets me smiling.

Or when he is telling a story and it goes '....so I tied an onion to my belt. As was the style at the time....'

Might even be the same episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom