• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What size is your gaming TV/monitor

How is that possible? Not knowing the size of your TV is like not knowing what waist size you are.

I did not buy the TV, my ex bf did. He left it here before he left me. From what i can see, it sais Sony Bravia XBR 6 but i don't know where to find the actual size written anywhere.

Canon

Banned
50" Panasonic plasma for everything in living room

40" Samsung for Wii, 360, PS2, and PS TV

27" BENQ 2560x1440 for computer gaming (very little)

13" Surface Pro 3 for some shit

7.9" iPad for other shit

Goose_7

Banned
55 inch Sony. KDL-55W802A. I believe it has a rating of 17ms in the display lag site. Rated one of the best hdtvs for gaming purposes. Pretty happy with my purchase.

See no need for 4k resolution as of right now. If I had to upgrade it would have to be in the same line, the 55w900a and only because of the triluminous display.

Love Sony sets, def a fanboy when it comes to their TVs. Expensive at times but durable. Before that I had 32inch XBR full 1080p and before that I had a 26inch 720p Sony display as well.

Zabka

I have a 24" LCD monitor and a 47" LCD TV hooked up to a 4x2 splitter. The signal to the TV is then split to a projector with a 100" screen with a 1x2 splitter. It's great.

Fredrik

PC - tripple screen setup
- 24" 1ms G-Sync ASUS monitor
- 24" 1ms ASUS monitor
- 24" 1ms BenQ monitor
Console current gen - two choices
- 46" Samsung 1080p 3D LED TV
- 86" projector screen with Epson TW9200 1080p60 3D projector
Console last gen/retro
- 26" 768p LG TV
Amiga 1200 with DVI port
- 24" 1ms BenQ monitor delivering perfect 50hz smoothness
Raspberry Pi arcade cabinet
- 17" 2ms Samsung monitor

Mononoke

Banned
60 inch Samsung 4K TV.

Even though games/films are in 1080p, the UHD/screen quality is gorgeous. Even 1080p content is amazing on this screen. The colors in particular.

It's made me want to invest in a 4k monitor for my high end PC.

- 52 inch Sharp Aquos in the living room (spent a week optimizing it, beautiful picture quality)

- 46 inch Sony Bravia XBR 4 in the bedroom (so much money in 2008, picture is still great)

- 20 inch Toshiba crt for my Super Nintendo, N64, and other old school systems :)

dodgeme

My TV is a 46" Samsung 3D LED TV

My Monitor is a 28" Samsung 4k.

For my retro games I have a 20" Olympus Monitor which is a rebranded Sony PVM.

Jafku

40" Samsung TV 1080P for my X1 and PS4.
23" ASUS 1080P monitor for my pc. It has an ant stuck in the monitor though :(

Putch

Neo Member
43" Pioneer Plasma Full HD TV, with native resolution of 1024 x 768. Currently have my PS4, PS3, and Wii U connected to it.

Bought this TV in 2006 and still use it for competitive online gaming. Though, I have to be extra careful with screen burn-in nowadays. I'm so glad Battlefield 4 has an option to adjust HUD opacity.

What's almost as important a metric is how far away from your monitor you're playing your games. Yes, my 4k monitor is only 30 inches, but I'm also sitting two feet from it.

65" Samsung Plasma. Has a bit of the burn in halo effect at the top corners but I usually don't notice. It's served me well these last couple of years. Wouldn't want anything bigger or smaller.

King Al B

21" Samsung for PC, about a 6 year old flat screen, dont PC game alot, has treated me well

60" Sharp Aquos for Newer Consoles, got a couple years ago, has a great "game mode" feature.

36" Panasonic CRT for retro, got this from Sears lots of years ago, still works great.

I am very happy with all 3.

elfinke

50" Panasonic plasma, 90" PJ screen which comes down in front of it and 22" Dell Ultrasharp for the PC.

The Panasonic plasma is about to be junked/given away/put in the shed and I'm going to paint a 120" screen on the wall making the PJ the primary screen in the living room.

Can't wait!

vin-buc

I have a 24inch BenQ MLG try hard monitor and remote play with my One Plus One (5.5) and it looks fantastic (side scrollers only).

For everyone with 4k TV's (especially that 65 850c) - what does scaling of native 1080p look like from about 7 feet away?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I have 2 40" Samsungs. One of them is 720p, the other is 1080p. We also have a 1080p 24" Samsung that my wife uses as a monitor for our gaming PC.

Gameboy415

Living Room:
55" Sony HX820 3D LED

Game Room:
34" Sony XBR960 HD CRT

Home Office:
24" Acer PC Monitor (x2)
34" Sony XBR960N HD CRT

I'm quite happy with all of them! :)

Salbug

32" Vizio 1080p HDTV for my consoles.

23" Acer Monitor for PC gaming.

Man, I feel inadequate after reading some of the display sizes in this thread. Really need to step up my game. >_>

Top Bottom