• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What spring TV shows will you be watching? - 2016 Edition -

Status
Not open for further replies.
- First Teaser for Judd Apatow's "Love"
Created, written and executive produced by Judd Apatow, Paul Rust and Lesley Arfin, Love follows nice guy Gus (Rust) and brazen wild-child Mickey (Gillian Jacobs) as they navigate the exhilarations and humiliations of intimacy, commitment, love and other things they were hoping to avoid. Love is an unflinching, hilarious and excruciatingly honest take on modern relationships.

eqRwfs2.jpg
All 10 half-hour episodes of the first season Love — which has already been picked up for a second season — will hit the streaming site on Friday, February 19.

I know I'm named "Steeped in a Sea of Games" but it might as well be "Steeped in a Sea of TV Shows". There's so much out there now, I can't even watch all the superhero shows.

I'm in for:
Flash
Arrow
Legends of Tomorrow
Crazy-ex Girlfriend
Jane the Virgin
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Goldbergs
Modern Family
Muppets

Those are all the for-sures. I want to watch more, but having small children make it difficult to watch much. Some others I'll catch up on during the summer.

The Venture Bros (holy shit I can't believe it's almost here)
The Americans
Game of Thrones
The X-files
Better Call Saul

That's probably it.

TripOpt55

More new shows I am interested in than I thought. Will at least try out these new shows:

The X-Files (most excited for this!)
The Path (this sounds cool, love Katims)
The Shannara Chronicles (the trailer looks pretty good and I could use another fantasy show like this to watch)
Legends of Tomorrow (not sure how this will go, but I like Flash/Arrow, so we shall see)
Angie Tribeca
The Catch
The Family
Cassius and Clay
Containment
Love
Secret City
Colony

I won't write my entire shameful list of returning shows I will be watching, but I'm most excited for more of these:

iZombie
The 100
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
Game of Thrones
Banshee
Silicon Valley

jmelons

Saw the pilot of Bordertown. It's pretty much a derivative of a derivative of a derivative of a.. you get the point. Absolutely terrible. If these are the jokes they put in their pilot, this show has no chance.

Also saw the Billions pilot. There were a few flags that drew me off sides, but I'm definitely interested in where the season will go. However, with the 12 episode order, I know a lot of the plot lines in the pilot won't be paid off for months to come. There will be a lot of stringing-along until the last 2 or 3 episodes when things pick up. At least, that's how most of these shows go. I'll stay tuned.

Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life tried to have charm, but failed. The lead is not as charismatic as he tries to be, and his surrounding cast is weak. Made it through the pilot, but won't be continuing.

Only thing I'm looking forward to, right now, is Always Sunny this Wednesday. And, maybe The Grinder tomorrow; always... check for the shadow boys.

Didn't know there was a teaser trailer for Hap and Leonard up already. Looks fun and has James Purefoy, Michael Kenneth Williams, and Christina Hendricks. Premieres in March on Sundance. Variety describes it thusly:
Let’s start with the cast: Christina Hendricks in her first post “Mad Men” role, as the femme fatale who knows just how to manipulate her ex, James Purefoy (“The Following”). And then there’s his gay best friend, Michael K. Williams (“The Wire,” “Boardwalk Empire”), who returned from the Vietnam War with a temper. This combustible trio ignite in this 1980s set darkly comic adventure, as their get-rich-quick schemes are undoubtedly bound to lead to trouble.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
FX(X) has opted to not move forward with their new animated series 'Cassius and Clay'.

In August, the pilot was picked up to series with a 10-episode order for comedy-centric FXX, where it was to be paired with the seventh season of Archer.

That is no longer the plan. There had been talk that Cassius And Clay might be redeveloped. In the end, the FX brass decided not to go with the series. No additional episodes were produced beyond the pilot.

Source

berzeli

Banned
Thanks to berzeli for helping me out with the Nordic side of things!

<3

Follow the Money - DR/BBC Four
Ah man this should be a good un. Team behind The Killing (og) and Borgen making a new crime thriller.
And a bit of news for you Ratsky, as i know you liked The Honourable Woman :)

No need to add Follow the Money, it was already on there with its original Danish tile (Bedrag), though I won't fault anyone for not knowing (especially since they changed the title shortly before the première). Happy to tell you that the series has been quite warmly received so far.

Also, as someone who loves The Honourable Woman more than Ratsky, holy fuck yes.

Am watching:

Gentlemen & Gangsters - The fist two episodes aren't quite at the same level as Mikael Marcimain's previous work, but the third episode was a very special type of amazing which elevates the entire series. Quite unlike anything else I've seen on TV and holy fuck is it ever gorgeously shot.

Will watch:

Sherlock: The Abominable Bride - Ahh! Sherlock is back, Sherlock is back, Sherlock is back.
Endeavour - Is it Inspector Morse? Nope. But it's still quite good and I'm still a sucker for anything set in the 60s (thanks for that Mad Men).
War and Peace - Lavish period drama from auntie Beeb? Yes please.
Galavant - The first episode of the second season is titled "A New Season aka Suck It Cancellation Bear", 'nuff said.
Bloodline - I'm probably one of the few people wishing that the show would slow things down, but it really has the potential for greatness and I hope that it lives up to that potential.
Orphan Black - I was a bit let down by the second season, but the third brought me back and I am looking forward to Tatiana Maslany outacting everything and everyone once more.
The Hollow Crown: The Wars Of The Rose - I adored the first run of The Hollow Crown so really looking forward to what they'll do with this one.
The Young Pope - Paolo Sorrentino is enough to get me hooked.

Most Anticipated:

The Night Manager - Spy fiction based on a book by John le Carré, directed by Susanne Bier, and starring Olivia Colman, Tom Hollander, Hugh Laurie and Tom Hiddleston. Uhhh, this show is fucking made for me.

Will watch if well received:

Angie Tribeca - If it's coming out that is, wouldn't surprise me if a freak accident caused it to get delayed at this point.
Underground - Could be awesome, could be shit. Really like the music choice in the trailer which is probably why it got bumped down here.
Vinyl - I probably should have more faith in this show than I do, but I don't.
Marseille - Netflix hasn't really let me down yet with one of their premières, but I'm not sold just yet.
Undercover - Peter Moffat is a very solid writer, but I know slightly too little about this one.

Will watch when it pops up on Netflix next year:
Elementary
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Will hatewatch:
House of Cards - Well season 3 was quite infuriating, let's see what wonders season four brings me and my blood pressure.

Joe T.

That's a whole lot of TV... Better Call Saul, Game of Thrones, Shameless, Silicon Valley, Walking Dead and X-Files are all getting my attention. Others are on a wait and see basis.

- TNT put trailers up for Good Behavior and Animal Kingdom. Also some in-production shows at the end with no actual footage from them.
What is this junk? They cancelled Perception for this!? Today's Audiences don't want to be entertained by bleak midlife crises when they are living one. They want to be galvanized into social media justice like Making a Murder, or comforted by familiar faces like Mike and Molly.

maxcriden

Blindspot only returning at the end of February? Who thought that's a good idea?

Can't imagine. Especially since the overarching plot has just plodded along mostly, especially with fakeouts, compared to something like Limitless which is really striking a great procedural/serialization balance.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What is this junk? They cancelled Perception for this!? Today's Audiences don't want to be entertained by bleak midlife crises when they are living one. They want to be galvanized into social media justice like Making a Murder, or comforted by familiar faces like Mike and Molly.

lmao

In terms of thread creation, I'll take care of The Americans, Togetherness, and Silicon Valley. I'll probably also due Archer, Veep, and Vinyl if no one else wants them.

American Crime Season 2. The first season was a fucking work of art.

Also, Billions. It doesn't look all that great, but Damian Lewis is my favourite actor so I have to.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I'm interested in quite a few shows...

Endeavour
Beowulf: Return to the Shieldlands
Supergirl
The Shannara Chronicles
Elementary
Shadowhunters
The Flash
Marvel's Agent Carter
Arrow
Legends of Tomorrow
The 100
Black Sails
Lucifer
The Magicians
Grimm
Sleepy Hollow
The Walking Dead
Fuller House
Gotham
Blindspot
Once Upon a Time
Daredevil
The Path
Banshee
Fear the Walking Dead
Scream

inm8num2

Returning
Agent Carter - Archer - Arrow - Better Call Saul - Daredevil - Game of Thrones - Gotham - House of Cards - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Man Seeking Woman - New Girl - Outlander - Real Time with Bill Maher - Silicon Valley - The Americans - The Flash - The Last Man on Earth - Veep

Returning (unsure)
Bloodline - Girls - Orphan Black - Togetherness - The Walking Dead

New (definitely)
Baskets - Fuller House - Legends of Tomorrow - The Night Manager - The X-Files - Vinyl

New (maybe)
11.22.63 - Angie Tribeca - Animals - Billions - Colony - Dark Net - Hap and Leonard - London Spy - Love - Lucifer - Marseille - Mercy Street - Pee-Wee's Big Holiday - The Path

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Brooklyn Nine Nine
The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
Workaholics
Idiot Sitter
War and Peace
Baskets
Children's Hospital
The Venture Bros
Tosh.0
The Amazing Race
Vinyl
The Walking Dead
Survivor
Broad City
Vikings
Love
Gotham
Daredevil
Fear the Walking Dead
Game of Thrones
Silicon Valley
Veep

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Happy to have Younger and Mr. Selfridge back this past week, and the CW superhero stuff coming in a few days. Just need Jane now.

Still no return date for Mindy Project, which is really getting annoying. Hulu buys it off Fox but then doesn't care to promote the fact that it still exists?

This is what it's looking like for me, thankfully at least some of these won't be overlapping. Not as bad as it could be, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, look like good "catch up" days for me. Put Orphan Black and Outlander under Saturday since that's where they've been and will probably remain.

Sunday:
Galavant, Family Guy, The Simpsons, The Walking Dead (Still need to watch the first half of the season), Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Fear the Walking Dead (I guess, I also haven't finished the mini-season from last year), Once Upon a Time, Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley
Monday:
Supergirl, Scorpion, Superstore, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Jane the Virgin, American Dad, Better Call Saul, Gotham, Blindspot, 12 Monkeys
Tuesday:
Limitless, The Shannara Chronicles, iZombie, Shadowhunters (Don't know if I'll stick with it yet), The Flash, Marvel's Agent Carter, Fresh Off the Boat, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Wednesday:
The Goldbergs, Arrow
Thursday:
Heroes: Reborn (Thankfully this is almost over), Colony (Not sure if I'll be watching yet), Legends of Tomorrow, The 100, Vikings
Friday:
Grimm
Saturday:

Orphan Black, Outlander
TBD/Netflix:
The Last Man on Earth, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Daredevil

So new stuff...

Second Chance looks stupid, but I wanna give Tim DeKay a chance.

Teachers actually does look amusing.

Is Colony just Red Dawn, but the TV version? Pass.

Angie Tribeca, checking that out 100%.

The meh reviews of Billions put me off. I'll wait and see.

Legends of Tomorrow, definitely in.

London Spy looks quite good.

I guess I'll check out X-Files

Lucifer looks dumb as a post, but maybe it'll be fun like Season 1 of Sleepy Hollow.

American Crime Story, I'll give that a chance. Wanna see what Travolta's been up to.

Probably will be checking out Vinyl.

Will be checking out 11.22.63.

The Path looks great. Great cast. Definitely checking it out.

Damien might be fun

Is Hap and Leonard like the 80s version of Terriers?

Man, Gillian Jacobs new hairdo in Love makes her look even hotter.

After the tremendous work done on Banshee and The Knick, I'm definitely in for Quarry and Outcast. Cinemax continues to kill.

Rush Hour! Will give it a try. Love the movies.

Slasher looks terrible. Like an adult MTV Scream. Eh.

The Detour seems fun.

The Night Manager and the Last Panthers could be good.

Linius

I just realized I missed out on voting for TV show of the year 2015. I knew browsing GAF only trough my subs would bite me in the ass some day
JzKGOjM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom