• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What style of dress would you bring back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Gaf, you have become a God of fashion!

Your every word and whim is now universal fashion law. You can revive any type of fashion, style of dress or article of clothing from any period in human history, and it would be happily accepted but the general population.

What would you choose?

I'd bring back 50's style hats. In particularly the Fedora

QfbyG.jpg

gbu21.jpg

Just look at these smooth mother fuckers!

Edit: posted on the wrong board! could a Mod please move?

tearsofash

I'm a big fan of 50s and early 60s women's fashion. I also really dig flapper culture, I'd love to see that make a comeback in an unironic way.

If I *really* had my way I'd probably get super creepy and make Pyongyang traffic girl uniforms in and Japanese school girl sailor fuku outfits to be all the rage everywhere.

I'm a big fan of 50s and early 60s women's fashion. I also really dig flapper culture, I'd love to see that make a comeback in an unironic way.

If I *really* had my way I'd probably get super creepy and make Pyongyang traffic girl uniforms in and Japanese school girl sailor fuku outfits to be all the rage everywhere.

You my friend have great taste.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I would probably bring back Victorian mens fashion. Top hats, canes, monocles, pocket watches, the works.

akira28

every time i see dudes wearing fedoras like that in public i laugh my ass off.

A lot of people wear them, but it's more a professional dress thing than a social fashion thing.

I'll say this. If a bunch of big guys in fedoras pull up on me, I know I'm in trouble.

i don't really want to bring fashions back, I want to see future fashions that don't suck ass. No designed in Milan by a gang of tailors on cocaine. Also guns and blades and technology. I think we have to become a futuristic dystopia for me to be happy.

Fritz

Tunics?

Apart from that clothes have evolved rather than devolved imo.

I am sure you are aware but most of the stuff posted is nostalgia speaking at best. Stuff was uncomfortable, unflattering and 9 out of 10 times of shitty quality. Stuff like corsets were even harmful.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
You know what we need back in society? Capes. Perfectly good clothing for cold nights, formal evenings, being a dandy, hiding your face in the shadows, protecting your better clothes underneath from dirt and grime and slush, and so forth.

wrong forum, but w/e.
Fedoras are stupid as shit and, btw, if you ever wear a fedora now you look like an idiot and everybody laughs at you. Your challenge today is to go back and look at photos of your high school prom, and note all of the guys wearing fedoras. I think that fedoras only exist because of the prom market and completely out of touch idiots.

That being said, if there is one thing I could bring back, it would be those pins that went behind fancy neck ties in the 1920s - 1960s. They look badass.

ultron87

Make wearing a sword on your side fashionable again. My few times in costumes with swords have shown that it is an incredibly convenient place to rest your hand.

trenchcoats and dusters

Michael-Jackson-Stranger-In-Moscow-michael-jackson-18333597-496-544.gif

I say we just go back to loincloths or fig leaves.

lisa-marie-presley-michael-jackson-you-are-not-alone-1.jpg

armour with giant shoulderpads/pauldrons

6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a63b751a970b-800wi

lots of zippers and belts

GX6AF00Z.jpg

I'm a big fan of 50s and early 60s women's fashion.

Ed_imgSNN1205GX2_91834a.jpg

I would probably bring back Victorian mens fashion. Top hats, canes, monocles, pocket watches, the works.

jacksonAP_608x800.jpg

every time i see dudes wearing fedoras like that in public i laugh my ass off.

Michael+Jackson+Smooth+Criminal++This+Is+It.jpg

Peter-Pan-Jacko-1912.jpg

Make wearing a sword on your side fashionable again.

gneral,michael,jackson,portrait,roman,soldier,sword-f95814e6b090bb8ec9f4bade91b6f799_h.jpg

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom